criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

My ideas for vanilla hero traits

The base game heroes and villains should all have traits. Here are my ideas for what they could have.

Luke Skywalker: Luke relies on his speed to traverse the Battlefront and has the force as an ally. As he gets kills, his speed will increase and his force abilities will enhance.
Darth Vader: Vader is a master of the of force and is the tank for the Empire. As he gets kills, his force choke will inflict greater damage and he can throw his saber longer ranges.
Leia Organa: the leader of the rebellion is always willing to support her teammates and fellow heroes. As she gets kills, her supply drop ability will either more useful pickups, or more health to heal her allies.
Emperor Palpatine: the emperor himself makes sure the insignificant rebellion perishes. As he gets kills, his base lightning damage will increase and his imperial resources will improve.
Han Solo: this smuggler has no fear and will take on any challenge. As he gets kills, he will become more resistant to damage delt to him and he will become more precise with his aim.
Boba Fett: the madelorion bounty hunter will make sure he gets the job done. As he gets kills, his jet pack fuel won't run out as fast, and the range and damage on his flamethrower will increase.

These are my ideas for possible traits for our vanilla heroes and villains.

Replies

• Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    Im not really a fan of adding traits to the vanilla heros but these ideas sound decent if they were added.

I would hope that you dont want these added on top of the abilities we already have but that you mean the vanilla heros would be reworked to support these.

To clarify:
    Adding extra speed to Luke on top of his speed now would make him too op.
    Maybe stage 3 speed would be where he is now?

This goes for all vanilla heros. Adding traits on top of existing mechanics would put them over the top. In the hands of a skilled player they are already devastating as is.
  • Darthsteve88
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Dotty wrote: »
    Im not really a fan of adding traits to the vanilla heros but these ideas sound decent if they were added.

I would hope that you dont want these added on top of the abilities we already have but that you mean the vanilla heros would be reworked to support these.

To clarify:

This goes for all vanilla heros. Adding traits on top of existing mechanics would put them over the top. In the hands of a skilled player they are already devastating as is.

Your right, in order for these traits to be implemented, they would need to remaster every base game hero. And no Luke's speed increase won't be stacked on top of his normal trait. I was thinking it would be like escape artist.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    Dotty wrote: »

To clarify:

Your right, in order for these traits to be implemented, they would need to remaster every base game hero. And no Luke's speed increase won't be stacked on top of his normal trait. I was thinking it would be like escape artist.
    That sounds fine imo, but this will all take awhile to implement if Dice decides they want to change vanilla heros.

• Boba Fett "Bounty Hunter" trait - faster cooldowns on his abilities.
    Also, he needs a melee feature!!!

Leia "Bodyguard" or "Escape Artist" - Damage Resistant or Increased Speed.

Han's "Escape Artist" - Increased Speed.

Luke, Vader, & Palpatine "Force Sensitive" - So either no added trait or the same trait for all of them. I'm thinking no trait due to their OHK attacks, but maybe a scan pulse type deal?

Something to keep all the "Heroes/Villains" uniform, with traits, would be ideal. Adding the traits would also have to be done lightly so they are not OP.

• The normal heroes have been balanced enough to not need traits imo.
    dq8iS1t.gif

• Boba fett- yes for cooldown, no for melee
    Leia and palpatine-faster cooldown for supply drop to infantry on supremacy and walker assault(not heroes vs villains or hero hunt)
  • I like your idea, though Leia is still too weak. I would also like to see trait cards gone and instead traits assigned to the individual races you could select / type of storm troopers selected etc.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    I like them but these traits wouldn't work on a timer like the rest. Maybe with the damage they take the trait decreases?
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    I like them but these traits wouldn't work on a timer like the rest. Maybe with the damage they take the trait decreases?

In order for that to be possible, the season pass heroes would have to have the same thing.
  • Luke
    Trait one: speed reduced
    Trait two: speed reduced.
    Trait three: speed reduced
  • Luke

You do know that Luke is much slower compared to greedo and bossk right?
  • Luke

You do know that Luke is much slower compared to greedo and bossk right?

So why do say his speed should be reduced?
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    I disagree. With the exception of dengar. Bossk's and greedos traits work great on timers I think but dengars doesn't make sense working on a timer.