criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How to win a 1v1 as Chewbacca

1. Roar before entering combat
2. Use multi bolts to deal out more damage.
3. Aim at the ground to get full affect of the splash damage.
4. Once the hero is almost dead, use ground slam as a finishing move.
5. Use the left button on the D pad on X1 and PS4, or press f1 on PC:)

This is the best way to use Chewbacca. Well, for me at least.

Replies

• Thank you Darth Steve
  • Thank you Darth Steve

No problem.
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Yeah only use the Slam to finish-off
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • DarthJ
    5882 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Nah , he is garbage , any villain can defeat him with ease

I tend to take Dengar to pieces with him. Same with Boba. And do a decent amount of damage on Vader. He struggles against Bossk, Palpatine and Greedo though
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Woah you guys think he sucks? Easily best hero when used correctly. He melts in one on ones, if its vader shoot at his feet and use cooling flush all the time, be on the high ground so you can retreat if you over heat, or ground slam to stun if you over heat, his roar is useless in battle so use it before. he seriously melts in one on ones.
  • 3. Aim at the ground to get full affect of the splash damage.
    Oh no, you revealed the secret!
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Chewie can destroy any villain except for Palpatine. I've seen it go both ways....
  • Once you build the 8 bolts there is no such thing as sith
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • Best for me is to get right in their face and melee. Only villain that gives me a hard time once in a while is Palpatine.
  • DarthJ
    5882 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

I tend to take Dengar to pieces with him. Same with Boba. And do a decent amount of damage on Vader. He struggles against Bossk, Palpatine and Greedo though

If a dengar player dies against chewie , He must be either blind or ****

Dengar melts chewie with his explosive rush+hurricane strike = 2300 health + rapid fire with soo ease

About boba , just fly around chewie , his garbage bowcaster will never hit you and his abilities are useless against him

Chewie is by very , very , very far , the worst hero in the game , even worst than launch lando

I must have bumped into terrible Dengar players then. Chewie is decent in HvV. Needs a buff though.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • What does left button do?
    Rogue Mammal X
    (Xbox One)
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    How much damage does Ground Slam do?
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Around 20 damage to the villains with 1000 hp ^ I think
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    I was at half health as Chewie and won a 1v1 against a full healthed Dengar.
  • Exactly what I do! I always wreck villains as Chewie!
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

If a dengar player dies against chewie , He must be either blind or ****

Dengar melts chewie with his explosive rush+hurricane strike = 2300 health + rapid fire with soo ease

About boba , just fly around chewie , his garbage bowcaster will never hit you and his abilities are useless against him

Chewie is by very , very , very far , the worst hero in the game , even worst than launch lando

Agreed, I don't even need to be a heroe to take him out most of the time

• Darkaid wrote: »

@Darkaid 180.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »

@Darkaid 180.

Should do 25
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Whodunnit
    5539 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Anoh wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »

@Darkaid 180.

Should do 25

Yeah. I don't understand how they came up with these numbers :smiley: "200? Meh, too OP, just 180."
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Granted I don't play competitively or the like, but I have had quite a bit of success with Chewie. However, he's only good on certain maps.

Basically, anything with elevated platforms that he can easily access is good. He's also quite good in corridors, provided he doesn't have to travel down a corridor under fire to get close to his enemy.

Situational awareness can help, if you know where the villains are and you have an opportunity to get a couple of quick kills while setting up to ambush them, it can get your trait going, then double bolt and roar and I have regularly taken out vader and the emperor on my own.

Sure, several of the villains do have the ability to seriously damage him, but only if they keep their cool, which is quite hard to do when getting melted by wall after wall of explosive death.

However, if you come up against a villain and your trait isn't ranked up, or you're double bolt ability is on cooldown, then you're scewed.
  • I think something we should all keep in mind is that whatever they do to buff Chewie, they could make him very over powered. What they need to do( and this applies to all heroes), is they need to make sure the hero abilities are less focused on animation. Think about it, what makes Chewie vulnerable? That's right, all of his abilities have a slight delay because of the animation. You should be able to cancel those animations like you can with emotes. It would make him so much better(with some slight changes to how fast he can sprint).
  • bfloo
    13750 posts Member
    I think something we should all keep in mind is that whatever they do to buff Chewie, they could make him very over powered. What they need to do( and this applies to all heroes), is they need to make sure the hero abilities are less focused on animation. Think about it, what makes Chewie vulnerable? That's right, all of his abilities have a slight delay because of the animation. You should be able to cancel those animations like you can with emotes. It would make him so much better(with some slight changes to how fast he can sprint).

It doesn't help that he is the biggest target, and the slowest.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    I think something we should all keep in mind is that whatever they do to buff Chewie, they could make him very over powered. What they need to do( and this applies to all heroes), is they need to make sure the hero abilities are less focused on animation. Think about it, what makes Chewie vulnerable? That's right, all of his abilities have a slight delay because of the animation. You should be able to cancel those animations like you can with emotes. It would make him so much better(with some slight changes to how fast he can sprint).

He should be at least quicker than Vader, because Vader has a lot more health than Chewie. And I'm not sure what they can do about his size, so you might as well just accept it.
  • bfloo
    13750 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

He should be at least quicker than Vader, because Vader has a lot more health than Chewie. And I'm not sure what they can do about his size, so you might as well just accept it.

It wasn't a complaint, just an observation.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png