criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

No friends of the complex...

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited October 2016
Dennis made it clear IG88 and other "complex" characters would prevent them from releasing 8 heroes and just 4. This basically tells us PT will be way harder for them to do because of droids and other machines and devs will not favor releasing PT content over ST. And even if they do, content would suffer because of increased complexity. Sorry PT fans I think you all know what this all means.

Replies

• Just to let you know...this Battlefront team isn't working on Battlefront II (thankfully) and it's sad how they can't make a model that a small gaming company could make 11 years ago.
  • Have you seen the way the Walkers move? If anything, that excuse was a cop-out.
  • Dennis made it clear IG88 and other "complex" characters would prevent them from releasing 8 heroes and just 4. This basically tells PT will be way harder for them to to do because it's more complex because of droids andand other machines and devs will not favor releasing PT content over ST. And even if they do, content would suffer because of increased complexity. Sorry PT fans I think you all know what this all means.

I guess they said that only so that they could save time. And PT for next battlefront would be more appropriate as for it's amount of content.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I thought Motive will only work on SP and Dice on MP.
  • 11 years ago.

• I thought Motive will only work on SP and Dice on MP.

My bad then.
  • Dice is plain fail on this
  • I don't get how they can make AT-ST'S, AT-AT'S, and probably the walker in the RO trailer, but not a droid.
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    When will people understand that all about BF1 was rushed ?

Chill M8 , they will not make the same mistake twice , they couldn't do IG because they rushed , hopefully they will not rush and possibly we can get IG , tarkin , ben and ackbar in BF2

But yeah , PT is most likely not coming , maybe at season pass though

Once they start rushing, forever will it dominate their destiny. After RO they will have a year, just a year to rush another Battlefront and we'll again be in the same situation.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Base game team wouldn't be able to finish all PT content in a year imo. Way more complex machines than in OT. Then dlc team will just tell us that IG88 or Grivous is complex so we have to slice the hero count in half
  • I don't get how they can make AT-ST'S, AT-AT'S, and probably the walker in the RO trailer, but not a droid.
    Priorities . It's not like when they were brainstorming, IG88 came to mind
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Dice needs to increase their team size working BF2, move the release day back at least half a year and work on PT. Lack of ST content mixed with OT will make the game feel like a cheap reboot of the present Battlefront. PT on the other hand would offer a breath of fresh air and make sure ST would be ready for the 3rd Battlefront. Without ST being ready, it'll be like playing a demo of a complete ST game.

On top of all that Dice should release IG88 and Ben during the wait time between RO dlc and BF2.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Dennis made it clear IG88 and other "complex" characters would prevent them from releasing 8 heroes and just 4. This basically tells us PT will be way harder for them to do because of droids and other machines and devs will not favor releasing PT content over ST. And even if they do, content would suffer because of increased complexity. Sorry PT fans I think you all know what this all means.

IG-88 was probably not made because of lack of time and lack of resources.

Still, like @PassiveKillJoy said, if the EA/DICE team just aren't able to make a droid for a game for reasons of just because they can't, unlike with Pandemic making all kinds of battle droid types in their Star Wars Battlefronts 11 to 12 years ago on the PS2/original Xbox or unlike Rebellion, who was able to make IG-88 for Battlefront on the PSP 9 years ago, then they maybe have picked the wrong career to work in.

Sorry if that was harsh to say, but that'd be the truth if that was the case.

Rather, I'll choose to believe, until proven otherwise, that they couldn't do it due to lack of time and lack of resources as I mentioned before.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    They can make IG88, because they made Atsts and other machines. They shrunk the number of devs working on the dlcs to go and make Battlefield 1. That's why Dennis complained about cutting the number of heroes if IG88 was to be made. Dice needs to get more devs to work on future Battlefronts and dlcs but they probably won't. They'll do what EA tells them and EA is only interested in rushing them and moving them away from Battlefront dlcs whenever the base game is released. The only way things will change is if people realise this and demand higher standards by voting with their dollar.
  • I'm not buying BF2 until I know everything there is to know about the game. Not letting ignorance and nostalgia get the best of me this time.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    I swear if they give us PT lovers only a dlc for PT content I might jump off a bridge
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    I'm not buying BF2 until I know everything there is to know about the game. Not letting ignorance and nostalgia get the best of me this time.

This guy gets it! Smart!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    I swear if they give us PT lovers only a dlc for PT content I might jump off a bridge

LOL
  • If they release ST for Battlefron 2 it'll feel like an incomplete game. People will feel like they are being forced to buy a ST game twice and they wont be overly happy by it being split into 2 games. PT is the answer.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't even understand what exactly is so complex about IG-88. He moves like a human or other humanoid. meaning two arms and legs, joints in the same places. Hands that hold weapons, a head that turns at the neck. He carries an E-11 and a Pulse Rifle, two weapons already in the game. They made a walking taking C-3PO just for the intro screen for Pete's sake. Can it be that much more difficult?
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah c3po is another example of what they can do if they want to. Probably because when they were making the base game they were strong in numbers and had way more resources. As soon as dlc 1 came out, bugs, lag and all that good stuff started surfacing. Base game team just got downsized and relocated to Battlefield 1 offices lol.

Now with the next game, same is likely. Decent base game, buggy dlc road with minimal content (except for the maps) and forced playlist. Devs come and go come and go and juggle 2 games at once each year.
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    I'm not buying BF2 until I know everything there is to know about the game. Not letting ignorance and nostalgia get the best of me this time.

giphy.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Doesn't matter anyways, ST and OT is coming.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Dice needs to increase their team size working BF2, move the release day back at least half a year and work on PT. Lack of ST content mixed with OT will make the game feel like a cheap reboot of the present Battlefront. PT on the other hand would offer a breath of fresh air and make sure ST would be ready for the 3rd Battlefront. Without ST being ready, it'll be like playing a demo of a complete ST game.

On top of all that Dice should release IG88 and Ben during the wait time between RO dlc and BF2.

How can a AAA title have less than a dozen people working at the company. We have more people than that on the floor at the sex store I work at. It's laughable.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member

I'm preordering EABF2 with the season pass as soon as they let me
  • briandt75 wrote: »

How can a AAA title have less than a dozen people working at the company. We have more people than that on the floor at the sex store I work at. It's laughable.

clean up, aisle 4

Braver and more trusting than I, my friend
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
    Lonnisity wrote: »

Braver and more trusting than I, my friend

tumblr_n9vj6tlq8d1smcbm7o1_500.gif