criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

After Battlefront - The Dream

havoksolo
170 posts Member
edited October 2016
December is nearing and we have one last DLC to look forward to as well as the Rogue One film. No doubt it will be another big month for Star Wars. But what happens to Battlefront after the DLC drops... Does it get abandoned for Battlefront 2? There are a few things that I think should happen before this game becomes complete, it would top it off nicely and possibly make this game a classic to remember. This is the dream... or what I want anyway. Let's count em down!

1. Add the Outer Rim and Bespin maps to the normal game for free. (All DLC maps eventually added to vanilla) I have a season pass and I don't mind now, I've had my fun with them with the early access, it's time to add them into the normal rotation. The maps would possibly need to be reworked/resized slightly to accompany less or more players depending, to keep the modes the same size for rotation purposes. But having an Outer Rim map added to the normal blast or drop zone or a Bespin walker assault map added to the vanilla rotation would make alot of difference. They need to make playlists optional not forced and try get everyone playing with everyone not split the community into small groups.

2. More free dlc maps, there's a few iconic loacations left out that I know most people would love to see added before completion. The top two are probably Mos Eisley and Yavin 4. If they could incorporate a small and large map of each that would be amazing but more likely one Mos Eisley small map and a Yavin large map. Just to add that extra variety.

3. Every mode and map available to play on skirmish.

4. Upgraded AI on the computer soldiers. (Because they suck big time.)

5. Single player, split screen and multiplayer Conquest mode similar to the Battlefront 2 concept.

5. The two survival maps that are not used currently (endor night and hoth) added to the smaller game mode rotation of blast, drop zone, cargo and droid run.

Feel free to add your own ideas as to what you would like to see added before this game gets abandoned by the developers for the next instalment. I'm sure everyone is hoping for a few more updates after December.

Edit: I believe if they add the paid DLC maps to vanilla then the seasons pass holders should be awarded a unique skin for both factions. And an extra unique skin for each DLC owned. Heros wouldn't be playable to all users.

Replies

• Yep, sounds good. Can't wait for all of this to not happen at all.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    briandt75 wrote: »
    Yep, sounds good. Can't wait for all of this to not happen at all.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • havoksolo
    170 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Oh yeah forgot this forum is full of negative *******

Maybe if everyone showed more euthsiasm then some of this might happen.

Since they "listen to the community"
  • Yes, they will surely listen because one forumer suddenly became very positive.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    havoksolo wrote: »

escalated.gif
  • Yes, they will surely listen because one forumer suddenly became very positive.

Nice sarcasm mate.
    Apart from the new maps being added as free dlc all of these requests are pretty easy to do and wouldn't require too much time and effort. But I guess the frequent forum bashers are lining up to shoot any ideas down again. Do you think any of it is a good idea? Or do you just wanna make sarcastic comments that contribute 5/8ths of F all?
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    Thems fighting talk!!

I love the optamism but I believe, as do many others, that the game will be running its designed course. It is a shame, like with yours OP, there have been many great ideas here but have not been put into practice.

I personally stopped speculating & wishing a long time ago. You keep it up my friend, you do right.
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • DarthJ
    6174 posts Member
    havoksolo wrote: »
    Yes, they will surely listen because one forumer suddenly became very positive.

Nice sarcasm mate.
    Apart from the new maps being added as free dlc all of these requests are pretty easy to do and wouldn't require too much time and effort. But I guess the frequent forum bashers are lining up to shoot any ideas down again. Do you think any of it is a good idea? Or do you just wanna make sarcastic comments that contribute 5/8ths of F all?

The thing is, a lot of the requests/fixes in the past should have been easy, but haven't been touched. Lando is only being fixed this month!

I'd love free maps or skirmish mode added to, but I think after rogue one dlc, they may do a patch to balance (or completely unbalance) weapons and then its done.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • havoksolo wrote: »

I like how you put it in quotes.
  • havoksolo wrote: »
    Yes, they will surely listen because one forumer suddenly became very positive.

Nice sarcasm mate.

I told you it sounded good. What do you want us to do, deliver it to Dennis Branvall personally as a singing telegram?
  • The last things that need to be done before battlefront 2
    -all dlc maps added to skirmish
    -all modes and maps added to skirmish
    -custom character playable in skirmish
    - a level up system in skirmish, something to keep the incentive for playing it
    - Capital ships added to fighter squadron
    - Fixes for various bugs plagueing this game right now
    - Mos eisley and tantive IV as free maps
    mos eisley plays on WA, supremacy, and turning point
    Tantive IV is meant for small game modes like
    Droid run, hero hunt, blast, HvV, cargo
    - if possible yes i would like to see outer rim become available to all vanilla players as it would make players who stopped playing because of bordom come back
  • @havoksolo no one is having a go at you man, and almost everyone (I certainly do) agrees with what your saying. But when was the last time anything from the forums ended up on an update log? In fact, when was the last time you saw any developer active on the forums? Go ahead and check, it's been months. Yes we are all excessively pessimistic, but by now we have no hope left to go on. I mean, I love the game, and the devs. I understand most of the games flaws (including its general lack of offline) I due to EA and not DICE, but the fact that EA is a stingy, money-controlled tycoon is the exact reason why barely any of these perfectly logical ideas have a chance of happening in the long run.
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    excessively pessimistic - some a lot more than others
    PSN Prep768
  • Bjankins1 wrote: »
    The last things that need to be done before battlefront 2
    -all dlc maps added to skirmish
    -all modes and maps added to skirmish
    -custom character playable in skirmish
    - a level up system in skirmish, something to keep the incentive for playing it
    - Capital ships added to fighter squadron
    - Fixes for various bugs plagueing this game right now
    - Mos eisley and tantive IV as free maps
    mos eisley plays on WA, supremacy, and turning point
    Tantive IV is meant for small game modes like
    Droid run, hero hunt, blast, HvV, cargo
    - if possible yes i would like to see outer rim become available to all vanilla players as it would make players who stopped playing because of bordom come back

Realistically, none of that will happen. I'm not saying that to be a negative nancy. I'm trying to save you the aggravation of being utterly disappointed when it doesn't make it into the game.

I've been here every single day for almost an entire year. I've met the designers in person and so have several others. We've been here since the dawn of the game and have seen every inch of the long path it's taken. It's been patience trying, fit inducing, hair pulling, controller smashing, rip roaring fun and heartbreak. The one thing I can say for sure, is that nothing about the gane is certain, except for the fact that the design team has moved on. All that's left are the catering crew cleaning up the leftovers, and no, they don't know where you left your keys.

Yes, by all means. Lets hope for the best. Lets hope for Mos Eisley and all that other great stuff. Let's also however be mindful oe the reality of the life span of this game.

believe.gif
  • @Prep768 true, but can you blame us? Right now the most wild thing I can bring myself to hope for is a "road ahead" thread - I dare not even speculate what it might actually contain. There is just so little communication, so little remaining hope and so few actual "promises" of any of these ideas that it's difficult to stay positive about it
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    @Prep768 true, but can you blame us? Right now the most wild thing I can bring myself to hope for is a "road ahead" thread - I dare not even speculate what it might actually contain. There is just so little communication, so little remaining hope and so few actual "promises" of any of these ideas that it's difficult to stay positive about it

No blame my friend. You are correct - I was thinking about the road ahead statement this weekend. Wanting that more than the 4th DLC at the minute to be honest.
    PSN Prep768
  • @Prep768 I got genuinely hyped when I saw that the 2 previous "coming this season" threads both can out on the 14th of the month after the previous DLC... That hype died 3 days ago. Now I'm not even certain we'll get one.
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @Prep768 I got genuinely hyped when I saw that the 2 previous "coming this season" threads both can out on the 14th of the month after the previous DLC... That hype died 3 days ago. Now I'm not even certain we'll get one.

Jedi-LightSaber-Duo-Pack.jpg

fingers crossed
    PSN Prep768
  • I think we all hoped this would happen. It would be the right thing to do, but most of us have simply lost faith.
    The game has bugs in it that've been there for months, some of them since the game came out (at least on pc). And they still haven't been addressed. Every time a DLC is released more bugs are introduced. Communication on these issues has been poor with the community, it seems like the devs only listen to a handful of people on Twitter.
  • @Prep768 hahahaha

@dragnink Lack of communication is one of the biggest issues. I mean, we can never be sure there is anything except the remaining DLCs coming. If they came straight out and told us:
    "No, nothing new is coming before RO, then after RO we have a skirmish upgrade the month after, a massive clean-up after that, then this game is finished. No, Mos Eisley and Yavin IV won't happen. You will get 1 more trait, 1 more star card and 1 more gun, before the end, and full customisation/loadout editing will be available in skirmish"

I'd at least have some closure, and wouldn't constantly have to worry that the EA is smirking and already deciding the price of Battlefront II.

This would also be a great opportunity to say "I find your lack of faith disturbing", but that lack of faith is totally justified