criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What date is "this holiday" in the calender?

Straywalker
1034 posts Member
edited October 2016
Everywhere I read about the "ROXWPSVR" it says "coming this holiday" or "targeted at release this holiday". But I don´t know what holiday they are talking about.

Is it the US only Thanksgiving holiday or just plain old Christmas we´re looking at? Is it november or december? Should I get my hopes up for a short wait or will I have to eat chill pills and prepare myself for a two months wait?

Anyone knows what´s the norm for writing "Holidays" in marketing?

I wish I´d have insight in how the EA marketing department works - I mean, are they looking at the Battlefront market as a North America only case and forgot about the rest of the world (release in november) or have they remembered to include Europe, Asia, South America, Africa and Australia (release december) in the "holiday" statement?

To me here in Norway the holidays are in July and I guess that´s not really what they aim for...

Official Rogue One X-wing Playstation VR-mission info
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• Everywhere I read about the "ROXWPSVR" it says "coming this holiday" or "targeted at release this holiday". But I don´t know what holiday they are talking about.

Is it the US only Thanksgiving holiday or just plain old Christmas we´re looking at? Is it november or december? Should I get my hopes up for a short wait or will I have to eat chill pills and prepare myself for a two months wait?

Anyone knows what´s the norm for writing "Holidays" in marketing?

I wish I´d have insight in how the EA marketing department works - I mean, are they looking at the Battlefront market as a North America only case and forgot about the rest of the world (release in november) or have they remembered to include Europe, Asia, South America, Africa and Australia (release december) in the "holiday" statement?

To me here in Norway the holidays are in July and I guess that´s not really what they aim for...

Official Rogue One X-wing Playstation VR-mission info

I better they will tell us Soon™
    "ARC-5555, Stand down"
    latest?cb=20130821182734
  • Holidays are normally November through December in the US. Starts with Thanksgiving in late November and ends with New Years (covering Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanza).
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • Very strange that EA believe every country on the planet are to use the same meaning of holiday that they do over there... After all, there are some zillion people living on this planet, most of them aren't americans...
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community