criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is Leia good?

I don't think she's that bad. But she still needs a buff to be up to par with the villains and balanced with Palpatine. Tell me your thoughts on her.

Replies

• Admittedly, she's not the first one or two I pick. She's probably 4th in the order for me behind Luke, Han and Nien.....BUT.....that doesn't mean she's a bad hero. She can really do great for a team on Extraction and in HvV......but she needs to be treated as a support character and not as John Rambo. I don't know if she needs a buff, really....just have to understand her role and play as such. And I love spamming her Scruffy looking Nerf Herder emote.
  • Admittedly, she's not the first one or two I pick. She's probably 4th in the order for me behind Luke, Han and Nien.....BUT.....that doesn't mean she's a bad hero. She can really do great for a team on Extraction and in HvV......but she needs to be treated as a support character and not as John Rambo. I don't know if she needs a buff, really....just have to understand her role and play as such. And I love spamming her Scruffy looking Nerf Herder emote.

I think people just underestimate her capabilities. And also, who's scruffy looking? XD
  • bfloo
    14408 posts Member
    If you use her right she is great. If you try and be a tank with her, it wont end well.

I used Leia as support last night in OR HvV, only heroes we lost were Lukes who decided to try and be a tank. Survived every round with her.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Leia is great in her own way, if used correctly.
    Her recent buff makes her an awesome support hero, just not one that you'd like to face villains alone with. She can dispatch stormtroopers easily and stun heroes so that other heroes can get the damage in.
    Any competitive HvV team will pick Leia, I can assure you that much.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • bfloo
    14408 posts Member
    Balmain24 wrote: »
    Leia is great in her own way, if used correctly.
    Her recent buff makes her an awesome support hero, just not one that you'd like to face villains alone with. She can dispatch stormtroopers easily and stun heroes so that other heroes can get the damage in.

It is dumb not to have Leia and Palpatine.

h846398gb27k.png

• Leia I'd great, but you need to use her in the right way, she's a support hero, therefore, support your team, but, her guards also need to help and support her to make it work, as a few have said above, she's not John McClean...
  • bfloo wrote: »
    If you use her right she is great. If you try and be a tank with her, it wont end well.
    She is no K/D queen but the supporter princess. Like @bfloo said. She keeps all other heros alive. Always my first pick.
    Balmain24 wrote: »
    Leia is great in her own way, if used correctly.

It is dumb not to have Leia and Palpatine.

My point exactly.
  • Leia is actually in a good place. Buffing would be fine, but it isn't critical. However, her trooper bane needs to penetrate bacta. Having to fire twice ruins the whole point, especially in HvV where everyone runs in bacta's anyway
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • If you know the 5 D's of dodgeball, she is unstoppable with her e-11
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • Leia is actually in a good place. Buffing would be fine, but it isn't critical. However, her trooper bane needs to penetrate bacta. Having to fire twice ruins the whole point, especially in HvV where everyone runs in bacta's anyway

She already shreds infantry thanks to her buff, but yes, her Trooper Bane being a one shot is another thing they missed on. All other hero abilities already ignore bacta so it's only logical that TB would too.
  • Trooper bane should be able to 1 shot bacta users and be toggled off without firing.

And her shield isn't very good for HvV in my experience

Her E-11 is pretty nasty though
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    All she needs is so her trooper bane OHK bacta users. Also I think have her while deflect scatter and cycler would be a cool edition. To make it so hers Is different. But she is one of my favorite Heros to play as
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    All she needs is so her trooper bane OHK bacta users. Also I think have her while deflect scatter and cycler would be a cool edition. To make it so hers Is different. But she is one of my favorite Heros to play as

Yes, I agree her trooper bane should go through her trooper bane :smiley: Yeah your right. I think her shield should be more different to normal shields than just higher health.
  • bfloo
    14408 posts Member
    Trooper bane should be able to 1 shot bacta users and be toggled off without firing.

The shield has saved me in HvV a few times. I'm not a squad shield fan in general, but the extra few seconds it gives you can make a difference.

h846398gb27k.png

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Jrob122 wrote: »

Yes, I agree her trooper bane should go through her trooper bane :smiley: Yeah your right. I think her shield should be more different to normal shields than just higher health.

Also not such a darn long cool down. Like cmon it's only of the longest in the game, and it's not even a great Ability right now. But she's still an animal in the right hands
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    she's still an animal in the right hands

Yeah, I have good games as Leia sometimes on HvV, but I'm not proficient as her so I only do well against a team of less-skilled people. But I have devastated once or twice.
    Trooper bane should be able to 1 shot bacta users and be toggled off without firing.

The shield has saved me in HvV a few times. I'm not a squad shield fan in general, but the extra few seconds it gives you can make a difference.

It's best used for keeping infantry at bay and preventing them from doing any harm to you, but since almost every villain ability goes through shields, it's not of much use in HvV. It all depends on placement. Countless times I've witnessed noob Leia players put a shield down that helped Palpatine more than it did them ..
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Also can't wait for her new skin :) it's gunna be awesome playing with her classic dress and buns
  • @jrob Yeah, although I think the Boussh outfit would be even cooler. She would look like a beast on Tattooine
  • I've used her a lot. Right now she's third place behind Nien and the Emperor for hero kills.

She's great in HvV with her health drops but you need to keep your distance. Unlike Lando and Han, she doesn't have an ability specifically for close encounters.

The trooper bane is good to clear the area of infantry and keep the villains back with the stun. If you're getting overwhelmed with infantry, you'll be wanting to use the regular blaster fire instead because the bane fires so slowly.

The shield can be helpful but it can also just turn you into a target. The shield means nothing to the Emperor and Vader, and Bossk can jump in quickly with the dioxis to clear the area. Against infantry, it's easy to pick them off with the trooper bane from within the shield. It really sucked when her trooper bane couldn't go through for that short while when they buffed all shields. I gave up on her for a bit then.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • SHE IS VERY GOOD and she doesn't need a buff or a nerf. LEARN TO PLAY PLEASE.
  • thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    She is and stays a support hero. You normally use her in the defensiv way. For instance saving the 3rd point in Supremacy if you own it. Healing you mates in HvV.
    The only way to play her offensive is to use the honor guards and tell them what to do.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    In HvV if Nien and Chewie are gone then I'll pick her. She's great in large-scale maps and can stay alive a really long time if you use her correctly.
  • ODNALRAGE wrote: »
    SHE IS VERY GOOD and she doesn't need a buff or a nerf. LEARN TO PLAY PLEASE.

I know how to play as her and I don't think she's bad. I just always hear people saying that she sucks. They obviously don't know what they are talking about.
  • In HvV she's almost a requirement if Palpatine is chosen. Otherwise she pales in comparison to most of the other heroes. I'd rate her above Chewie (sorry to say but he needs some tweaking) and Lando (who is only good for his broken power shot, way to fix your game DICE).

I know how to play as her and I don't think she's bad. I just always hear people saying that she sucks. They obviously don't know what they are talking about.

this obviously contradicts your first post. please learn to play and don't try to nfluence DICE on gameplay issues. for the love of this game just leave.
  • Depends how drunk she is
  • Balmain24 wrote: »

This. She stuns, heals, does great damage and replaces two infantry with super soldiers. The only time I don't like her is against Dengar. IMO her stun should make villains stop attacking while stunned like against Palp and Vader. I don't get why the blaster wielders are able to keep blasting while being trooper baned
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Leia should get the Superman Roll like Nien and Lando.
  • LysdexicsUntied
    2034 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Anoh wrote: »

@Anoh Haha, I used this strategically for the first time ever today as Nien. Sailed right over an AT-ST. my dream would be if I'd managed to blow it up with my PC on the way over, and then walk frantically away from the fiery explosive wreck.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »

@Anoh Haha, I used this strategically for the first time ever today as Nien. Sailed right over an AT-ST. my dream would be if I'd managed to blow it up with my PC on the way over, and then walk frantically away from the fiery explosive wreck.

The Superman Roll™ saves lives !