criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Battlefield 1 vs 4 hit reg and detection.

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited October 2016
Heard bf4 hit reg was pretty bad but my hardcore gamer friend is claiming battlefield 1 is breaking all the boundaries of the past and has amazing hit detection and registration. Would you agree? Would battlefield 1 be then considered a real competitive game fit for world tournaments?

Replies

• Is this true or are the servers just really good (for now)?
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    The hit reg is on point in BF1, impressively on point.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Do games ever lag?
  • ssp
    71 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Not entirely sure as I haven't played Battlefield games before, but I did read an article basically confirming that. The article points to some netcode analysis done in BF1 Alpha. I'll post it at the end of this.
    Again, I'm personally not too knowledgeable about it, just thought I'd share an article/source I saw, you decide it's validity or credibility :P
    Cheers!
    http://segmentnext.com/2016/07/21/battlefield-1-netcode-multiplayer/
    YouTube Channel: ssp2981
  • Wow good article, thanks! This is is good news.
  • Do games ever lag?

I've had it where my plane suddenly dips for no reason. Not hitting anything or getting shot at, the plane just suddenly jerks down.

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Lol. Yeah lag isn't something that will go away completely but at least hit reg is better than bf4's. Gotta admit though that big map games like that cant have unlimited resources either. Its not like you can compare it to COD with its crammy maps and expect same type of performance. More stuff in maps means more errors in general.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Theres probably no way Battlefront's hit reg and detection will ever be near as good as Battlefield 1's. Shame and also bad servers with lag and bugs add fuel to the fire. Its as if Dice doesn't care....
  • Anoh wrote: »
    The hit reg is on point in BF1, impressively on point.