criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who Hates Shock Grenade

Does Anyone Hate The Shock Grenade? Cause I love it. It's always in my loadout. It's saved me so many times. From people hiding behind cover, to winning corner battles, to even shocking a group of 4 guys, to trying to shock Luke and dying. Shock grenade is my best best friend. But apparently people hate it. Idk why.

Replies

• It's a good tool I hate how it seems to have a long range to get me but not the enemy lol.
  • When I get killed via Shock Grenade, I have a brief moment of feeling like I got killed kinda cheaply. But then again there's a dozen ways to die cheaply in this game. This one happens so infrequently (to me) that I don't end up losing any sleep over it.
  • standard loadout for my fav mode extraction:
    scatter gun, disruption, shock grenade, TL-50
    With no apologies.. (my K/D is 1.28 so I take all the help I can get)

easy solution: don't play shooters. your k/d is worthless.

• I use it and smoke grenade defensively
  • S_Markt wrote: »
    standard loadout for my fav mode extraction:

I honestly don't play shooters. Thanks for the hate though. This is my very first FPS. Same as a bunch of people.. picked it up for Star Wars.
    It sounds like someone needs a hug from their mommy. Just call upstairs and she will bring you a sandwich and a hug.

We were all noobs once. I was a noob on July 23, 1995. That's my fake birthday

Asspurgers?
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    The shock grenade is the best trolling weapon in the game!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• For turning point I use jump pack disruption shock grenade Scout trait; I jump into a group disrupt throwing down a shock grenade before a land killing myself but helping my mates have an easier push forward
  • I like shock grenade on bespin. Throw it as someones flying away. They get shocked while flying and end up falling to their death.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    The shock grenade is the best trolling weapon in the game!

When I finish a shock kill I shock emote.
  • Darthsteve88
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Jericho87 wrote: »
    Does Anyone Hate The Shock Grenade? Cause I love it. It's always in my loadout. It's saved me so many times. From people hiding behind cover, to winning corner battles, to even shocking a group of 4 guys, to trying to shock Luke and dying. Shock grenade is my best best friend. But apparently people hate it. Idk why.
    I think the shock grenade is almost as annoying as disruption, but I don't see it spammed as much. If you like it, that cool bro, I'm not gonna judge you for using it, just only use it when necessary. For example; a room full of enemies.
  • I use it a little bit. Modes where people clutter rooms or stick close to objectives.
  • It's one of the best Grenades I've seen. I've had a few funny instances where I throw the grenade, an opponent tries to jumpack over it, gets jolted by the grenade, and falls to his death.
  • The one item that let me get through a room of secondary fire spam to get to R2-D2.

And it helps stop personal shield users from stealing cargo.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • The one item that let me get through a room of secondary fire spam to get to R2-D2.

Er mey gosh, I hate personal shield melee-ers. They run up to you, you think their shields about to come if, and they kill you with the buggy melee system
  • Jericho87 wrote: »
    The one item that let me get through a room of secondary fire spam to get to R2-D2.

Er mey gosh, I hate personal shield melee-ers. They run up to you, you think their shields about to come if, and they kill you with the buggy melee system

latest?cb=20160420195334
    The one item that let me get through a room of secondary fire spam to get to R2-D2.

latest?cb=20160420195334

You expect me to always carry a scatter gun?!

latest?cb=20160420195334

Lol, no I don't. It's just my go to because I find it to be extremely useful.
  • I only used it to unlock the upgraded card, but I seem to remember that you don't throw it as far as compared to other grenades. Was I just imagining things?
  • Jetginyu
    433 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Unlike some players that claim that this item doesn't need skill,it does take a bit of skill you have to aim carefully to not hit yourself and even try to discover enemy movements pattern to throw precisely ahead of the enemy you want

I honestly don't play shooters. Thanks for the hate though. This is my very first FPS. Same as a bunch of people.. picked it up for Star Wars.
    It sounds like someone needs a hug from their mommy. Just call upstairs and she will bring you a sandwich and a hug.

I don't think he meant yours specifically, just KD in general. It's a wonky stat. I get a 3-4 KD average in most games but I'll be stuck on 1.5 for a looooooong time before it changes.
  • They're great for taking down that one invincible player down a peg.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (Xbox One)
  • If I get caught by those things, it's usually my fault. They have the throwing distance of a brick, and require special timing that is effectively achievable with Scan Pulse. Cheesy to an extent, but nowhere near other cards.
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • I agree that its not completely over powered since you still have to time your throw right and be careful not to shock yourself, I don't use them personally but when they are used against me I can usually get out of the shock effect b4 they can succede in killing me
    Psn: Jello770
  • I hate the shocker because I still keep zapping myself by accident. :s We should be immune from the effects of our own grenade. Right now I'm just using it long enough to win the trophy, then I'll put it aside for a long while…
  • When I get killed via Shock Grenade, I have a brief moment of feeling like I got killed kinda cheaply. But then again there's a dozen ways to die cheaply in this game. This one happens so infrequently (to me) that I don't end up losing any sleep over it.

Cheaply would be disruption and ES.

Sad.

latest?cb=20160420195334

Yep thats the canned answer from thise who use some of the ridiculous "skills" in the game. See post above.
  • I hate the shocker because I still keep zapping myself by accident. :s We should be immune from the effects of our own grenade. Right now I'm just using it long enough to win the trophy, then I'll put it aside for a long while…

No we shouldn't. That's what makes SG actually reasonable compared to disruption.
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    I agree that its not completely over powered since you still have to time your throw right and be careful not to shock yourself, I don't use them personally but when they are used against me I can usually get out of the shock effect b4 they can succede in killing me

This

had a hug from YOUR mommy last night. well not excactly a hug...

latest?cb=20160420195334

Not if you don't want to, but one of my greatest joys in this game is surprising dirty bubble poppers with my trusty scatter gun.

As for the shock grenade, it does indeed have its uses. I know some people hate it because of the shock animation, but it definitely isn't unbalanced or OP. I quite frequently survive the shock actually, as the other guy doesn't always get the opportunity to capitalize on it.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Played Blast last night on the death star. Almost everyone had disruption, shock grenade and the TL-50. It was pretty funny, because there'd be a huge cluster of people from both sides setting of disruption right and left and doing the wiggle shock dance.