criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

EABF2 / Sequels - content predictions

2Next

Replies

• Ctown
    859 posts Member
    Or we get everything this game had with the missing OT content.
  • Ctown wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    @Alefarias96 Never trust the clown.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Ctown
    859 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »
    @Alefarias96 Never trust the clown.

• Ctown wrote: »

PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    The missing OT (original trilogy) content, Ctown and ORancisis do you mean this?
    (1.) 'Old' Obi Wan Kenobi
    (2.) Grand Moff Tarkin
    (3.) Dagobah planetary map
    (4.) Tatooine planetary map- 'Mos Eisley Space Port'- That includes the Cantina.
    (5.) Kashyyyk planetary map Wookie homeworld
    (6.) Tantive IV 'Rebel blockade runner Corvette' map
    (7.) Yavin IV planetary map- 'Temple map'
    (9.) Yavin IV planetary map- 'Pyramid map'
    (10.) 'Not dead' Rancor that stands there and grabs anyone who falls down Jabbas trap door.
    (11.) Abilty to board stationary parked Fighters and the ability to land them.
    (12.) Ren Var planetary map- 'Citedal'
    (13.) Ren Var planetary map- 'Caves and Plains'
    (14.) Ability to ride Taun Tauns.
    (15.) Neutral Factions that interfere with the battle:
    Tusken Raiders
    and Wampas
    (16.) Assisting Factions that do more then just drop a rock from a glider:
    Ewok- Log AT-ST snare, Boulder AT-ST snare, Ewoks firing arrows and shooting rocks from sling shots [causing disoriantation]
    (17.) Deathstar II
    (18.) A full blown campaign- Motive is working on this one by the way...
    (19.) Fusion Cutter torch for fixing turrets and highjacking an AT-ST.
    (20.) Galactic Conquest 'Pandemic style'
    (21.) Conquest 'Pandemic style'
    (22.) The ability to board Capital Ships during Space Combat so people can attack it from within and from without [I.E.- inside and outside]
    (23.) A Sarlaac that actually snatches anyone who gets to near to it.

Etc, etc, etc, yada, yada, yada....

That? :)
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    @Starmasui17324

Pretty much yeah :smiley:

Oh , and you forgot Ackbar , IG-88 , ALL vehicles being Enterable(NO pick up ****) , maybe a rebel tank and Co-op vehicles , Playable gamorrean guards , Playable jawas , playable ewoks ...

SOOO much missing

Exactly, thank you. I rest my case your honor. :)
  • (3.) Dagobah planetary map
    TERRIBLE idea. As has been pointed out multiple times by multiple people in multiple threads.

Oh, yes, the iconic Kashyyyk scenes...

Rhen Var isn't canon.

Yeah, that was kind of lame in the middle of battle...

(17.) Deathstar II
    What like, the throne room? How would it be different than the first Death Star?

(2.) Grand Moff Tarkin
    (4.) Tatooine planetary map- 'Mos Eisley Space Port'- That includes the Cantina.
    (15.) Neutral Factions that interfere with the battle: Tusken Raiders and Wampas
    (22.) The ability to board Capital Ships during Space Combat so people can attack it from within and from without [I.E.- inside and outside]
    Those would all be pretty cool. 4, 6, 7, and 9 are a lot of work, though, and 18 and 22 are fundamental-level core elements that would almost require a whole new game, or the equivalent amount of hours and work put in.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    (3.) Dagobah planetary map
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    TERRIBLE idea. As has been pointed out multiple times by multiple people in multiple threads.
    We do NOT have any 'true' swamp maps with fog (the Endor moon marsh doesn't count).
    Dagobah is waaaaaaay different, full of mud, constant low level fog and creepy crawlies every where, totally unique.

Oh, yes, the iconic Kashyyyk scenes...
    I'm seriously sick of defending this one. It was briefly seen in 1977 pre episode IV. I do not need to reiterate. So it was around 'before' the Clone Wars prequals.

*Rhen Var isn't canon.
    (1.) Nether is Greedo alive.
    (2.) Nether is Sidious on Hoth.
    (3.) Nether is Deathstar II's way internal features being seen near the surface of Deathstar I.
    (4.) Nether is Rebels using jump packs that Bounty Hunters used.
    (5.) Nether is Personal Shields used by troops originally used by only Destroyer Droids.
    But I'm glad they added these features.
    yada, yada, since when did canon stop them. Dice knowing that they strayed away from canon recently stated that the game is really more of a sand box then canon.
    *But on a foot note: George Lucas over saw heavily the making of Star Wars Battlefront by Pandemic, because his Lucas Arts label was slapped on it. If the author of the Star Wars franchise does not make something viable as canon, I don't know what in your opinion would?

Yeah, that was kind of lame in the middle of battle...
    It worked extreemly well actually in Pandemics SWBF and rarely did the rider get shot.
    Plus it wisked you quickly to your goal across larger maps. Taun Tauns move very quick.

(17.) Deathstar II
    What like, the throne room? How would it be different than the first Death Star?
    You have to fly deep into the station center, attacking the Deathstar all the way tell you reach it's very central core. Quite different actually.

(2.) Grand Moff Tarkin
    (15.) Neutral Factions that interfere with the battle: Tusken Raiders and Wampas
    Those would all be pretty cool. 4, 6, 7, and 9 are a lot of work, though, and 18 and 22 are fundamental-level core elements that would almost require a whole new game, or the equivalent amount of hours and work put in.
    Agreed.

P.S.- I know he was talking about what this game was missing but I largely expect to see much of this in the sequal. So for me it ties directly into the topic thread of what to expect in Star Wars Battlefront II 2017 (EA/Dice/Motive)
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Here's an interesting fact: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 episode 6, 'The Last Battle' had them fighting remnants from the Clone Wars. It was Battle Droids, Destroyer Droids and a Tactical Droid. Soooooo those that have said in the past that Disney is now steering clear of the Clone Wars is NOT true. So therefore there is no reason that Dice need to ignore the Clone Wars era in sequels to come.

Battle Droids
    latest?cb=20160716162608

Destroyer Droids
    maxresdefault.jpg

A Tactical Droid
    RebelsS03E06-3-th.jpg