criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

PS4 Pro - Will it buff frame rate?

I found the info about it not increasing FPS in MP parts due to the advantages it would give towards the vanilla PS4. That is a decision straight from Sony - if I understood it right.

Now I´m trying to find out if the faster Pro model at least will stabilize the frame rate when there´s lots going on graphically in Battlefront. Haven't found anything concrete on that yet, other than new releases like BF1 and COD will do that.

Single player will definitely benefit from the Pros extra power and get some extra fps added. No Sony fine print stopping that. But there will need to be a patch....

I´m also keen to know if the Pro will improve the upcoming Xwing VR experience - Based on EVE Valkyrie I´m still not totally convinced that the plain PS4 can deliver VR without unstable frame rate, which causes nausea after some time gaming.

Anyone knows/have links here I can find more info?
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• Yes. You should buy it. The framerate is incredible.

Sincerely,
    Sony
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Anoh
    8378 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Yes. You should buy it. The framerate is incredible.

Sincerely,
    Sony

Seems legit
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »

Sincerely,
    Sony

Seems legit

Yups, it says "Sony"

I´ll go down to Gamestop and preorder now

• Anoh wrote: »

Sincerely,
    Sony

Seems legit

Yups, it says "Sony"

We are offering great discounts for pre-order!

- Sony

• tankertoad wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »

Sincerely,
    Sony

Seems legit

Yups, it says "Sony"

We are offering great discounts for pre-order!

- Sony

No Sony, you don´t.
  • I found the info about it not increasing FPS in MP parts due to the advantages it would give towards the vanilla PS4. That is a decision straight from Sony - if I understood it right.

Now I´m trying to find out if the faster Pro model at least will stabilize the frame rate when there´s lots going on graphically in Battlefront. Haven't found anything concrete on that yet, other than new releases like BF1 and COD will do that.

Single player will definitely benefit from the Pros extra power and get some extra fps added. No Sony fine print stopping that. But there will need to be a patch....

I´m also keen to know if the Pro will improve the upcoming Xwing VR experience - Based on EVE Valkyrie I´m still not totally convinced that the plain PS4 can deliver VR without unstable frame rate, which causes nausea after some time gaming.

Anyone knows/have links here I can find more info?

I think the Pro is going to make the VR experience a lot better. Without getting into a ton of the details (which I don't fully understand myself), VR is basically rendering two 1080p screens (left eye and right eye) but it's asking hardware that was designed to push one 1080p screen (your TV) to do it. While it's not truly 4K capable (their 4K-ness is based on some upscaling, as I understand it), the pro can essentially push double the pixels, so it should be able to do a better job with the effective 2160p display in VR (1080p for each eye). This at least is how this dummy thinks about it, and how I'm justifying doubling down on the VR investment.

Sincerely,
    Sony

Also, get this SSD for just $450 so you can load into matches a bit quicker. It's a bargain!
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • I'm waiting for Scorpio. If everything lines up and BF2 is actually good, they'll be out at round the same time. Graphics will be ridiculous.
  • Already have the headset and Gamestop gives me half price on the Pro when handing over my old PS4 - can live with that......

Oh, and I won a Dice Edition Battlefield 1 box in a facebook comp the other day. That will save me another $110 in a now unecessary future investment... Maybe sell that limited collectors edition figure, coming with the box, on ebay for another 60-100 bucks and then I got the Pro upgrade for free!!

I'll go preorder the Pro now - let you guys know if it helps Battlefront MP in anyway

:wink:
  • Tobikun wrote: »
    400 dollars for just the headset or 600 for the bundle. :|

The occullus or vive costs even more than the Playstation VR... and a pc to run either of them costs waaaaaaaaaaay more than a Playstation Pro :smile:

The occullus or vive costs even more than the Playstation VR... and a pc to run either of them costs waaaaaaaaaaay more than a Playstation Pro :smile:

Yeah, there's no doubt the VR stuff is not cheap and it's still very much in its infancy. That said, it is very cool. I almost soiled myself with "The Kitchen", the Resident Evil demo. It will be interesting to see how Farpoint is received as it's the first FPS that will be full VR. It's definitely a niche and will not overtake traditional console gaming IMHO, but there is a richness and depth to the interactions you just cannot get anywhere else.
    Tobikun wrote: »

I know that I'm a PC gamer .-.

Then you actually should have written something in the line of: "hey, that´s way cheaper then what we PC gamers must cash out to try VR stuff, you lucky sod of a PS4 player you :wink: " not: "400 dollars for just the headset or 600 for the bundle. :|"

Then you actually should have written something in the line of: "hey, that´s way cheaper then what we PC gamers must cash out to try VR stuff, you lucky sod of a PS4 player you :wink: " not: "400 dollars for just the headset or 600 for the bundle. :|"

I think he probably just thinks it's too expensive in general.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited October 2016

I think he probably just thinks it's too expensive in general.

Nah, he just wants people not to be happy - He says he stopped playing the game two months ago and still complains about the terrible Death Star DLC, which he haven´t even tried and also comments about gamebreaking bugs he´s been reading about, not experienced himself. He even says this game is dead and no one on DICE works on it anymore - well, he actually been saying that last bit, a number of times every month since February this year.

Once he claimed his little brother had hijacked his account for a couple of months and that he himself hadn´t wrote any of the comments during that time... Another time he claimed his dog almost died and that that had made him a little bitter in his comments in the forum... Once he said he would end his life... I think he needs more professional help then this forum can offer.

He belong amongst the wretched people you will meet in the Mos Eisley Spaceport.
  • Yes.

What are they going to do, program in the frame drops that occur on the weaker hardware?
  • Joonlar wrote: »
    Yes.

What are they going to do, program in the frame drops that occur on the weaker hardware?

you know, other than Sony already saying that having a better look would be an unfair advantage in MP.

So - your SP may look a little better. But your MP is gonna be the same.

You sir are an awful person and Karma is a wonderful thing, what goes around comes around.

lol, that´s actually a positive comment, spiced with a negative twist - Good one, Tobikun! :smiley:
    Joonlar wrote: »
    Yes.

you know, other than Sony already saying that having a better look would be an unfair advantage in MP.

Seems like that is the decision Sony made:

"Everyone is trying to be really cognizant that the game will not run faster, like, higher frame-rates, unless you’re playing a single-player style of game.
    But if you’re playing multiplayer games, it will be the same playing field. Base PS4 users, PS4 Pro users, you’re still running the same frame-rate. Yes, you’re running at a higher resolution, you might be seeing it in HDR, but overall it’s a level playing field. We’re not benefiting the PS4 Pro users and skewing the community."

[url="http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/08/ps4-multiplayer-games-ps4-pro-will-have-the-same-frame-rate-says-naughty-dog/#QVbCb5JZgtCLHWRr.99 "]Read more[/url]
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    Joonlar wrote: »
    Yes.

Seems like that is the decision Sony made:

To me it seems like that quote is stating that their won't be a situation wherein the Pro handles a multiplayer game at 60fps whilst the normal console handles at 30fps. It is not saying that a 60fps game will run at the exact same framerate -dips and all - on both consoles.

I bought the bundle for $500.

• xV1kToRx
    52 posts Member
    Sony made a mess with the Ps4 pro, you sell a consolo "4k" when we havent even reached 1080p 60 fps in multiplayer like BF 1 - Battlefront - paragon.

Now in battlefriled 1 they cut the fps boost in the pro.

So wtf with this PS4 pro you not have a true 4k, you not have solid fps so? what you get with this console?.