criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What is everyone's thoughts on Hero blast?

Since we now have an idea of what Hero Blast will be like, what do you guys think of it? I personally think it will be my favorite game mode to play. It sounds like so much fun.

Replies

• Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Fantastic, I used to love the random Hero assign aswell, really looking forward to it!

It'll stop me from picking Vader all the time ;)
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Fantastic, I used to love the random Hero assign aswell, really looking forward to it!

It'll stop me from picking just Han and GreedoXD
  • I think it's great. Personally I preferred the random hero picking before the changes so I'm glad it (hopefully) has been brought back for hero blast
  • Scared. This will allow teammates to split up even more :o
  • I think it's great. Personally I preferred the random hero picking before the changes so I'm glad it (hopefully) has been brought back for hero blast

I can just imagine the complaints about all these baby's not being able to play as the hero they want to play.
  • irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Sounds cool. I just hope people won't quit if they aren't given the hero they wanted.They also need to give the individual DLC purchasers access. That would be a PR nightmare if you can believe it could get any worse than it already is.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing

I can just imagine the complaints about all these baby's not being able to play as the hero they want to play.

"I WANNA PWAY AS WUKE SKYWAKER! WAHHHH!
  • irishtim7 wrote: »
    Sounds cool. I just hope people won't quit if they aren't given the hero they wanted.They also need to give the individual DLC purchasers access. That would be a PR nightmare if you can believe it could get any worse than it already is.

People quitting if they don't get who they want is something that could cause a problem. In HvV if a hero quits just before the game starts you end up with a hero less on your team. Pretty sure it would be a popular mode though so if someone does quit hopefully a new player can spawn as that hero to balance the teams out.
  • I'm very pumped for it. When it comes out I will play it soley for a while.
  • Meh...
  • ZERO interest in this mode
  • And nobody is talking about Hero Blast being Season Pass Exclusive, even if players bought all 4 DLCs
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Meh...
    ZERO interest in this mode

65586900.jpg
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    not sure about everyone, but last time I heard it wasn't confirmed. Hope it does happen for the H/V peeps though.
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • FettForMVP
    833 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I think a few shorter rounds within 1 round would be nice, to enable you of having a better chance of being selected as your favorite hero. Just an opinion, though.
  • i want to be able to choose a hero rather than it choosing a hero for me.
  • jstep32x wrote: »
    i want to be able to choose a hero rather than it choosing a hero for me.

I prefer the randomness to be honest but I can imagine as many people would prefer they get to pick rather than the hero being decided for them.

Perhaps to balance things out HvV could be as it is, with people getting to pick their hero, and Hero Blast random. That way both options are available albeit in slightly different game modes.
  • FreeContentNowPls
    1306 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I fear that it's another idea that is great on paper but completely trash in how implemented. I don't have a problem with randomness but I don't like it that the one hero character that is chosen in the beginning is the one that you will be force to use for the entire game especially if you're stuck with a hero that's severely underpowered compared to everyone else (Sorry Chewie, I am talking about you). I hope that they made it at least round based so you can experience the chance to be multiple hero characters on the same map.
  • I fear that it's another idea that is great on paper but completely trash in how implemented. I don't have a problem with randomness but I don't like it that the one hero character that is chosen in the beginning is the one that you will be force to use for the entire game especially if you're stuck with a hero that's severely underpowered compared to everyone else (Sorry Chewie, I am talking about you). I hope that they made it at least round based so you can experience the chance to be multiple hero characters on the same map.

Well, keep in mind, the official details about hero blast are not out yet, things could change.
  • I fear that it's another idea that is great on paper but completely trash in how implemented. I don't have a problem with randomness but I don't like it that the one hero character that is chosen in the beginning is the one that you will be force to use for the entire game especially if you're stuck with a hero that's severely underpowered compared to everyone else (Sorry Chewie, I am talking about you). I hope that they made it at least round based so you can experience the chance to be multiple hero characters on the same map.

Agree but if as has been suggested the Heroes/Villians are tinkered with then you could have a completely balanced game with equally matched heroes and villains with their own niche abilities.
  • If we get Hero Blast, and it plays out like we've been told, it'll be a mode I'll be excited to play. This is of course they make some Hero adjustments to make it more balanced.
  • I love how it's a random selection
  • Whodunnit
    5534 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Jericho87 wrote: »
    Scared. This will allow teammates to split up even more :o

^This. Personally I wanted a HvV-like game mode with more maps and Heroes not a Blast with Heroes. I think there will be zero teamwork or tactic in this mode, just Hero smashing for better k/d.
    But it will be still a fun mode.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Should be a blast (no pun intended!), at least we are getting something new to keep it fresh

I thought you expected a Season Pass Heroes vs Villains Playlist :smiley: I even made a picture for the announcement of that!
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Since we now have an idea of what Hero Blast will be like, what do you guys think of it? I personally think it will be my favorite game mode to play. It sounds like so much fun.

it'll be my favorite mode, my thoughts is that it should have been dropped with the death star, along with the new hero skins
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »

I thought you expected a Season Pass Heroes vs Villains Playlist :smiley: I even made a picture for the announcement of that!

I'll take whatever at this point :joy:
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • I won't be playing many other modes for a loooooong time
  • Since we now have an idea of what Hero Blast will be like, what do you guys think of it? I personally think it will be my favorite game mode to play. It sounds like so much fun.

Honestly, the info from the leaks is not what I wanted. I was hoping for 7v7 HvV, and if you die you spawn as honor guards and then infantry, first to 5 rounds. Hero Blast has multiple problems to it. If someone quits, it's much harder for 6v7 hero battle if the teams are equally skilled. Secondly, first to 50 kills sounds like a tedious fight, something that I don't think too many casual players would be down for, especially if they die a lot. Last the random pick thing is not something that bothers me, but again if a casual doesn't want to play as Lando and you're stuck with him for a long battle, chances are he quits.
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »

I'll take whatever at this point :joy:

Right, you are :D
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Sounds good to me overall except for the camping that will go on with Lando. Nerf power shot and ditch the current disruption, and we are good.