criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I think there's a reason for lack of news

The only reason I can think of for why they haven't said much about the next patch. They must be working on trying to get the ai ship pickups playable. From what I can understand, it's very difficult for them to make new vehicles, and the fact that there are 4 total pickups, that's 4 vehicles to work on. Even if they are working on that, I don't think that they will be ready for the next patch.

I'm sorry if this discussion was confusing. Just wasn't sure on how to fully explain my point.

Replies

• SuperDad0421
    600 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Except someone posted a video here a week or so ago of a hack on PC where they were piloting those ships. It almost looks like DICE had intended them to be playable and ran out of time to get them ready before DS. But I agree that the lack of updates over the last year is puzzling. My thought was that the folks at DICE have been privy to the details on RO and have standing orders not to reveal anything RO related until after the film is released. That doesn't explain the lack of communication up to now, though. I'm really struggling to continue to give EA/DICE the benefit of the doubt
  • Except someone posted a video here a week or so ago of a hack on PC where they were piloting those ships. It almost looks like DICE had intended them to be playable and ran out of time to get them ready before DS. But I agree that the lack of updates over the last year is puzzling

I think the guy modded them to be playable.
  • They have a Community Manager - that's his job. Even during a barren spell, he should and could be doing much more. Lack of communication is an EA trademark. The same happens on the SWTOR forums. Both have no ability to plan for the community and post launch.

Given that there's a major game breaking bug (2 actually) on the PC (stuck on load summary and black screen for heroes) - that have been totally ignored for SIX weeks - sums up just how they value their customers. More fool those of you who purchase SWBF2.
  • Even if they are busy, it takes a few seconds to send out a tweet
  • Dennis said he is about to have a second baby. So, the entire Star Wars universe is in abeyance until further notice.
  • we prob get a side patch (non download) this month for something nobody cares about like the last patch, if you can even call it a patch? lol
  • No there is no reason for it. Why is everyone acting like this is odd behavior from DICE? They've done this before and it was a major criticism of the devs on these forums once ago. They probably are working on a big patch/the game and won't reveal any details of what the worked on until the last minute. It's nothing new folks. Just play something else until we get news.
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    No there is no reason for it. Why is everyone acting like this is odd behavior from DICE? They've done this before and it was a major criticism of the devs on these forums once ago. They probably are working on a big patch/the game and won't reveal any details of what the worked on until the last minute. It's nothing new folks. Just play something else until we get news.

Yeah I feel the upcoming patch will be huge.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • No there is no reason for it. Why is everyone acting like this is odd behavior from DICE? They've done this before and it was a major criticism of the devs on these forums once ago. They probably are working on a big patch/the game and won't reveal any details of what the worked on until the last minute. It's nothing new folks. Just play something else until we get news.

Why should we wait and be rational? Even your name explicitly suggests that we need the content now, please.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    No there is no reason for it. Why is everyone acting like this is odd behavior from DICE? They've done this before and it was a major criticism of the devs on these forums once ago. They probably are working on a big patch/the game and won't reveal any details of what the worked on until the last minute. It's nothing new folks. Just play something else until we get news.

I hope so, it does make a little bit of sense.
    dq8iS1t.gif

Why should we wait and be rational? Even your name explicitly suggests that we need the content now, please.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I am just stating that this cycle of DICE being absolutely silent before suddenly breaking out with news before going back to being radio silent is nothing new.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited November 2016

This.
  • Except someone posted a video here a week or so ago of a hack on PC where they were piloting those ships. It almost looks like DICE had intended them to be playable and ran out of time to get them ready before DS. But I agree that the lack of updates over the last year is puzzling. My thought was that the folks at DICE have been privy to the details on RO and have standing orders not to reveal anything RO related until after the film is released. That doesn't explain the lack of communication up to now, though. I'm really struggling to continue to give EA/DICE the benefit of the doubt

Ah, modding is one thing, but making accurate models of the interiors of the fighters is another. They could honestly get away with copying interiors for the other TIE variants, but not for the Y-Wing and B-Wing.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

tried playing mafia 3 but went back to battlefront also got pre order dead rising 4 coming "soon" lol what im really waiting for is mass effect andromeda! even dead space 4 would be awesome which i heard they are working on in secret

uUNR0Rp.gif?noredirect
    Palpatine may or may not be homosexual.
  • FettForMVP wrote: »
    Even if they are busy, it takes a few seconds to send out a tweet

Exactly.
  • Tobikun wrote: »
    Maligma19 wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »

uUNR0Rp.gif?noredirect

Watch it be for the bo rifle and that is it .-.

Still more content than what we got in October.
    Palpatine may or may not be homosexual.

Watch it be for the bo rifle and that is it .-.

But it will cause Sabotage to respawn the generators, R2D2 will move backwards and pulse cannon will get splash damage akin to the TL50 secondary fire.

I enjoy your optimism and I share in it.....I just hope it comes to fruition.
    CallMeDeee wrote: »

Don't forget about the moon walking AT-AT's that will come with it.

thats-no-moon.jpg
  • All PR takes, really, is effort. The road of effort at EA:

giphy.gif
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    It's so dry atm..

Maybe something next week before the potential patch week?

A Hero Blast post?
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »

It better be fudging good, as the D.S is mostly gash