criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can someone please explain the reason for lag?

I'm by no means a computer expert - I play games for fun maybe 2-3 hours per night when I get in from work and Star Wars Battlefront is pretty much unplayable due to lag - move forward, take 2 steps back and end up in a different room (if you've experienced it you know what I mean). I recently bought Battlefield 1 and although it's beautiful to look at in multiplayer I see a soldier then take aim and he's moved halfway across the screen before my bullet lands and I'm like 'WTF'.

What causes this lag with Dice/EA games? Is it something you have to accept if you want to play their games? I've played many other games and not once have I experienced anything like this.

I'm thinking of selling Battlefield and getting Titanfall 2 or CoD as I've never experienced any issues with them with their earlier games but I don't know whether Battlefield will sort itself out with either more servers or at least them being more stable.

Please advise.

Replies

• What causes this lag with Dice/EA games? Is it something you have to accept if you want to play their games? I've played many other games and not once have I experienced anything like this.

I'm thinking of selling Battlefield and getting Titanfall 2 or CoD as I've never experienced any issues with them with their earlier games but I don't know whether Battlefield will sort itself out with either more servers or at least them being more stable.

Please advise.

Titanfall 2 is EA too
  • @swaza79 showed me this useful link. Some parts are a bit technical but it gives you an idea of all the things that can cause lag during your game...

http://ithare.com/mmog-rtt-input-lag-and-how-to-mitigate-them/
  • I blame Obamacare.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (Xbox One)
  • I blame Obamacare.

If you like your lag you can keep your lag.
  • Laziness.
    Palpatine may or may not be homosexual.
  • I don't think EA can even explain their lag.
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »
    I don't think EA can even explain their lag.

I think they can, it is spelled "region mixing" and was admitted by EA for being the reason behind the red "bad connection" messages that plagued us before. Current lag issue people are experiencing is likely a post-tweaking variant of the same problem. You can choose your preferred region in game but you cannot prevent a dude from New Zealand to join the same server and that dude may be all it takes to drive the game into lag hell.