criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Jump Packs

Ihavetrolls
255 posts Member
edited November 2016
I think a good change to jump packs would be to disable all weapons, star card, and charge cards while in the air. It'd totally change the way you use your jump pack. I think we'd see a lot less jump pack usage, and I think we'd start seeing it used for its intended purpose.

Replies

• Agreed.
  • Revolutionary change I'd love to see
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • I think a good change to jump packs would be to disable all weapons, star card, and charge cards while in the air. It'd totally change the way you use your jump pack. I think we'd see a lot less jump pack usage, and I think we'd start seeing it used for its intended purpose.

No. That would mean no more sexy jump pulses :cry:
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Wouldn't change a bit for me. I am not that good shooting while I jump. The only thing I can do with ii, is jump into an unplink area and use my scatter gun to pop a bubble or shoot through a squad shield before turning the unplink on/off. For me the jump pack is used for method of mobility about 95% of the time
  • I gotta ask...why all the jump pack hate? Is this just the new thing that's rubbing people the wrong way and next month we will see posts complaining about rocks being OP?

Right now what grinds my gears are people using secondary fire WHILE jump packing. I have a problem with secondary fire, not the jump pack. If you can fire your blaster mid-air AND land your shots, props to you. Same goes for the pulse cannons and most other weapons. TL-50 secondary fire though...does not take skill.

Jump packs have been around since the beginning of this game and only now after the introduction of TL-50 do people complain about the jump pack. Coincidence?
  • I gotta ask...why all the jump pack hate? Is this just the new thing that's rubbing people the wrong way and next month we will see posts complaining about rocks being OP?

Right now what grinds my gears are people using secondary fire WHILE jump packing. I have a problem with secondary fire, not the jump pack. If you can fire your blaster mid-air AND land your shots, props to you. Same goes for the pulse cannons and most other weapons. TL-50 secondary fire though...does not take skill.

Jump packs have been around since the beginning of this game and only now after the introduction of TL-50 do people complain about the jump pack. Coincidence?

This idea just came to me today. No real reason for it other than I think it would change the game for the better.
  • DarkAnghell23
    314 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    This idea just came to me today. No real reason for it other than I think it would change the game for the better.

I remember when devs decided to disable personal shields while jump packing. That didn't last long...so many complained that they brought that feature back.

I think this is the last update/bug fix we get with this game. So I am very reluctant to suggest changes to things that are not breaking the game. Only nerf I dare to suggest is to the TL-50 and Bryar pistol (this one needs it's OHK nerfed and regular blaster buffed). Otherwise I'd like to see bugs get fixed so the game is playable for the foreseeable future. Again, I don't think they'll be fixing anything else past December.
  • Jump snipers and jump anything is just cheap because most of the time you never see it coming and there is no counter.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1139 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Jump snipers and jump anything is just cheap because most of the time you never see it coming and there is no counter.

Shield, combat roll, jump- away, pulse cannon. First three means are also great to deal with secondary. Last time I was charging some player with PC . I thought I will nicely put from the air my green plasma on his face. Actually, he did that standing still on the ground.

Lack of awareness ur surrounding is Your fault.
  • noscratch222
    2099 posts Member
    edited November 2016

Come on dude if you see the guy coming i agree but when it from behind you never see it coming you're just dead.
    Jump snipers and jump anything is just cheap because most of the time you never see it coming and there is no counter.

Shield, combat roll, jump- away, pulse cannon. First three means are also great to deal with secondary. Last time I was charging some player with PC . I thought I will nicely put from the air my green plasma on his face. Actually, he did that standing still on the ground.

• Come on dude if you see the guy coming i agree but when it from behind you never see it coming you're just dead.

Of course. But it is your fault that You let enemies stand behind your back. There is mini map :)
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Wouldn't change a bit for me. I am not that good shooting while I jump. The only thing I can do with ii, is jump into an unplink area and use my scatter gun to pop a bubble or shoot through a squad shield before turning the unplink on/off. For me the jump pack is used for method of mobility about 95% of the time

I have to agree here. Getting from place to place quicker than my opponent is my main use for the pack. I am horrible trying to shoot anything while in the air, unless I happen to be playing walker assault and I can sneak in a rocket on the AT-AT.

• Come on dude if you see the guy coming i agree but when it from behind you never see it coming you're just dead.

Of course. But it is your fault that You let enemies stand behind your back. There is mini map :)

Well I'm always looking around and it happens to Me and my eyes are on the map constantly. When I see them or hear the jet pack I can get away it's the sneaks who go for the cheap kill I don't like.
  • What i mean is you're in a battle with someone and they jump snipe you for the easy kill that is what happens to me most
  • the jump-shoot is part of the original game design.
  • KrolJulian1916
    1139 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    What i mean is you're in a battle with someone and they jump snipe you for the easy kill that is what happens to me most
    Well, when I do jump pulsing I dont mind improving my ratio. For me, with the certain level of PC skill it is best way to dominate some player- both on the leaderboard and mentally.
    Also, when I see secondary, disruption or shock granate user I will trigger on him to cut down his misery. Then I will abuse pulsejumping, but that takes some skills to do this correctly. I had to die few times to learn how to use that advantage.

Sometimes I guess everybody is taken by rocket/disruptorifle/pulse-jumping but if u are aware of danger You can easily avoid some deaths. My stand and pose is obvious when Im prepairing to do that. So are other players.