criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

One year ago... 17 november.

Hey,

The game made it!

So despise all haters saying it would die out before xmas 2015, before easter 2016, before summer, before Bespin DLC, before Deathstar DLC... We´ve actually reached the one year anniversary!

I´m still playing and just love it - ok, I admit to sharing the game time with Battlefield 1 now, but there is always time for some "quick games of Battlefront".

Amazing game!

Eagerly awaiting the Rogue one DLC now, but also very excited for the infamous "Holidays" to come with its release of the Battlefront Rogue One: Xwing VR Mission

Now I´m gonna have a non-CGI OT marathon while celebrating the first year with Bantha Burgers and some blue milk :smiley:

See you on the Battlefield Battlefront!

Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• Eagerly awaiting the Rogue one DLC now, but also very excited for the infamous "Holidays" to come with its release of the Battlefront Rogue One: Xwing VR Mission

You sound like a EA marketing statement.

Ergh.
  • Riiiiiiiiight... Someone is in denial. The PC community decreased and the game is full of ****
  • Yes! Congratulations! It's been a great year! I have over 650 hours in it and play several times a week. We're 8 buddies who gather every thursday night to play the game on ps4. Love it to bits, although it's in dire need of a long awaited bugfix.
    PLayed this 93-0 round of Fighter Squadron yesterday. The AI B-wings and Y-wings need nerfing....
  • Congrats everyone!!!
    Although I didn't buy it a year a go, for those of you that did, Happy eastwbf1yr anniversary!!
    It's been a fun 10,000 pulse cannon kills :)
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • little break here and there but everytime returning...
  • #BigModePlayersMatter after a year ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I've been here since beta game is not better by any means if anything it's in worse shape
  • Does this guy work for EA?
  • I'm sorry, but isn't even the PS4 struggling to find matches already?

Plus the lag from outsourcing lobbies was rampant 6 months ago.
  • I can't believe it's been a year already. Happy Birthday Battlefront.
  • A year from today we won't be here saying happy birthday lol it barely made it a year what a gd shame. Yet the og is still alive and kicking go figure that one out.
  • A year from today we won't be here saying happy birthday lol it barely made it a year what a gd shame. Yet the og is still alive and kicking go figure that one out.

A year from now Battlefront 2 will probably be released.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    A year from today we won't be here saying happy birthday lol it barely made it a year what a gd shame. Yet the og is still alive and kicking go figure that one out.

A year from now Battlefront 2 will probably be released.

Yeah I dunno I won't be part of that good luck to those who are.
  • Hey,

The game made it!

So despise all haters saying it would die out before xmas 2015, before easter 2016, before summer, before Bespin DLC, before Deathstar DLC... We´ve actually reached the one year anniversary!

I´m still playing and just love it - ok, I admit to sharing the game time with Battlefield 1 now, but there is always time for some "quick games of Battlefront".

Amazing game!

Eagerly awaiting the Rogue one DLC now, but also very excited for the infamous "Holidays" to come with its release of the Battlefront Rogue One: Xwing VR Mission

Now I´m gonna have a non-CGI OT marathon while celebrating the first year with Bantha Burgers and some blue milk :smiley:

See you on the Battlefield Battlefront!

Nice to see some positive posts around here for a change!
    The game was really good at launch but it slowly went downhill for me. Still, I definitely got my money's worth out of it.
    It's been a good run, and the anniversary seems like an appropiate time to put it on the shelf finally ...
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • The2000sGuy
    1468 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    One year ago, we got Battlefront
    One year ago, players were eager to relive their OT fantasies
    One year ago, fans were dissappointed by no Clone Wars content :wink:
  • #BigModePlayersMatter after a year ;)

Yes!
  • @Prep768 so how do you see your kill stats for star cards?

With the constant kiss **** EA posts i wouldn't be surprised
  • @Prep768 so how do you see your kill stats for star cards?

Career, Stats and Progression, Detailed Stats, go to the bottom :smile:
  • Balmain24 wrote: »
    @Prep768 so how do you see your kill stats for star cards?

Never thought to go down there vvvv
    Thanks!
    @Prep768 so how do you see your kill stats for star cards?

Never thought to go down there vvvv
    Thanks!

Anytime mate!
  • Zephkiel wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but isn't even the PS4 struggling to find matches already?

Plus the lag from outsourcing lobbies was rampant 6 months ago.

Yes...even on PS4.. finding it harder to find matches. Game is slowing passing away in the night. Once the shiny new DLC is fully played out (which took like 4 matches in the FS heavy D S DLC), I expect I will be done with this game and moving on.

To be fair, it was the game that I played the most in 2016 and felt I got my money out of it even with the frustrations. Over 400+ hours played divided by the investment = good entertainment value.

But it is about that time...

With the constant kiss **** EA posts i wouldn't be surprised

Maybe he still loves the game (for the life of me I can't understand how anyone could) and he wants to spread some positive thoughts about it.
  • One year ago, we got Battlefront
    One year ago, players were eager to relive their OT fantasies
    One year ago, fans were dissappointed by no Clone Wars content :wink:

I just play the original Battlefront II, it has great gameplay and the graphics are reasonable (with the HD mod) . If only DICE could have looked at the original and stuck to it instead of "spicing up the formula" in to the dross we see today.

• Happy happy birthday.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • It's been a great year. The joy, tears, triumphs and rage quits. Happy birthday.
  • I'm thrilled it's last this long. I've had my frustrations and complaints, but it has been a really fun year in Battlefront. This is the first online multiplayer shooter that I've played so much since the original Quake series on PC. I played those for years and years, but since Quake, I've only played most mp shooters for several months before moving on. I'm still enjoying Battlefront and will keep playing for the foreseeable future.

Now, if EA ditches the money grubbing season pass idea (which they probably won't), I'll probably buy Battlefront II, but we'll see.
  • I'll never forget my first match of Walker Assault on Hoth. It was magical. The scenery, the sounds......and all the deaths. I think I went like 2-25. Most nights I still love this game.

• I'm still waiting for that Hoth battle in the video :smiley:
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • The game is.....better

not great but just...better than before
    -A convoluted signature

• I enjoy all 3 DLC packages, play them alot more than the base game now especially Bespin.
  • Happy bday battlefront :) even though you've caused me a lot of stress you've brought me a lot of good times
  • A year ago....boba fett was feared on this game
  • Tmaccp3 wrote: »
    A year ago....boba fett was feared on this game
    And now all he does is hide on top of ledges sniping...
  • Boba Fett was ruined because campers thought it was cool to fly him up to the top of the world on Hoth and go 100-0 and then post it on Youtube. So they nerfed the wampa out of him.
  • Tmaccp3 wrote: »

Clearly you haven't ran into my Boba >:)
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Amazed that the game made it to the one year mark, as it is getting more difficult to find matches on the PS4.

But will this game make it to the two year mark, before Battlefront 2 comes out, is the real question? :#
  • Jarrad wrote: »
    Amazed that the game made it to the one year mark, as it is getting more difficult to find matches on the PS4.

But will this game make it to the two year mark, before Battlefront 2 comes out, is the real question? :#

I'll play until it dies, but no way in hockey sticks it makes it 2 years.

Nope.. not to the two year mark. It will be around but so will you.. watching the lobby screen.

It was never designed to last it was a typical ea cash grab Game.

• Nope.. not to the two year mark. It will be around but so will you.. watching the lobby screen.

LOL......still loading............still waiting...............
  • A year ago this was my first experience with online gaming even though I have played since Atari days. Played WA on endor and was lost in immersion and died ALOT! That explains my 1.50k/d! But a year later I'm have a 75 win percentage and win MVP almost every match! I didn't even know where the front lines were when I started! I don't know if it is that I am addicted to online shooters now or if it is this game but I have been playing ever since. I now have over 50 online friends that I met from playing this game. I occasionally play on the weekends with a really great group that welcomed me from the start. Game is far from perfect but the most important thing is it is STAR WARS and I'm a big star wars geek! So I can't wait for battlefront 2 as I know they took alot of flak at release for this one and they can't afford to release another bare bones AAA 60 dollar title
  • Congrats BF. I don't get the "difficult to find games on PS4" chatter. Where I am (Spain/EU) it is still going strong (vanilla Blast, HvV, Extraction, DS). It is actually easier to find games now than back in August. Strange...
    Tmaccp3 wrote: »

Clearly you haven't ran into my Boba >:)

Guess I haven't... All my BOBAs just camp
  • Boba Fett was ruined because campers thought it was cool to fly him up to the top of the world on Hoth and go 100-0 and then post it on Youtube. So they nerfed the wampa out of him.

Happened last night on Outpost. He never even came down and went 24-0

Cool score bro :lol:
    Boba Fett was ruined because campers thought it was cool to fly him up to the top of the world on Hoth and go 100-0 and then post it on Youtube. So they nerfed the wampa out of him.

He felt so accomplished.... "Almost got 25 kills"
    Boba Fett was ruined because campers thought it was cool to fly him up to the top of the world on Hoth and go 100-0 and then post it on Youtube. So they nerfed the wampa out of him.

He felt so accomplished.... "Almost got 25 kills"

"My K/D was 24!!!! I'm amazing!!!!!"
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Wow, so nothing special for the one year anniversary? :|

Makes 4,444 credits on May 4th look positively exciting.

Edit: I retract that! apparently 4x has begun in the past hour or so!