criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What do you think RO will be like?

Prev134
TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited November 2016
I'm talking about the movie. The plot and setting are promising, the mood is ominous and serious. Krennic looks pretty evil and hell bent. Vader is rolling on his prime psychotic power trip. How will Disney handle the darkness of the Empire? Will the movie be grim enough or will the Rebels again look like they're playing the Empire and are fancy about it?

Replies

• I'm thinking a mix. The Empire will have its moments, but so will the rebellion.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I have very high hopes for this film. I'm hoping it can sort of change the tone and the target audience of Star Wars. Hopefully Disney has no issues going slightly darker with some of these spin off films.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    ORancisis wrote: »
    I have very high hopes for this film. I'm hoping it can sort of change the tone and the target audience of Star Wars. Hopefully Disney has no issues going slightly darker with some of these spin off films.

Well they did bring in Gareth Edwards to direct. I did enjoy his version of Godzilla two years back.

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    That's good to know. Last Godzilla was pretty good and RO doesn't need to hold back on the amount of agressiveness the Empire can display towards it's prey. I'd like to see alot of carnage during parts of the film showing Empire knows no limits.
  • I really hope we see at least a few shots of Vader ripping through some rebels lol. I'm so excited
  • I think the movie will top the force awakens in terms of story, action and characters
  • It has to be better than episode 7 right? I mean it has to be!!!! :#

I loved Episode 7. Seen it countless times.
  • noscratch222
    2099 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    It has to be better than episode 7 right? I mean it has to be!!!! :#

I'm happy you loved it. many of us did not. So I hope its a better movie.

Yes. As long as there's no:
    Feminism
    Plot holes
    Stuff that don't make sense
    In-movie explanations
  • ORancisis wrote: »

Episode 7 was good on first viewing, but the more I watched it, the worse it got for me.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

Episode 7 was good on first viewing, but the more I watched it, the worse it got for me.

I thought i was very unoriginal and a cop out money grab for obvious reasons. Lets hope things get better as the mouse moves on.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I think it's gonna be amazing. Hoping for some Vader action with his saber.

Defo gonna go at the midnight release.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • People are so hyped about this, both the movie and the DLC. "The trailers look EPIC...", because there haven't been awesome trailers for movies that disappointed a lot of people, right?

Oh...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • The DLC or movie?
    The DLC will probably better than all other 3 DLCs due to large maps and larger battles. More fun for everyone. Might be my first DLC I'll buy.

The movie will become great as well. The director was controlled by the LucasFilm story group. Also it's a war movie without Jedi. Might be awesome. No remake of eps. 4 like TFA was. Something new.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • How did feminism hurt TFA?
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    All I want is to see the Empire going on a rampage and Vader also ripping through rebels like a boss. I dont want to see Rebels being in control but instead making great sacrifices and taking leaps of faith against the crushing Empire. If Disney did that I'd be most pleased.
  • res1st_reclaim_Rebel
    635 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    How did feminism hurt TFA?

Because obviously in the entire history of cinematography, there hasn't been enough White Male leads and female actresses who's only purpose is to provide sex appeal and have extremely shallow characters with no development.

Keep this out of Star Wars! I never had a problem with females in Star Wars!
    4oEtTHz.png

Because obviously in the entire history of cinematography, there hasn't been enough White Male leads and female actresses who's only purpose is to provide sex appeal and have extremely shallow characters with no development.

Yes, Daisy Ridley is attractive to the extremes, bit I always felt there was more to her character in that film, no?
  • thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2016

Ahsoka Tano? But I know what you mean. Not in Star Wars. Leia was great in OT.
    Rey development. No force user, one hour later, stronger than Anakin as Padawan.
    4oEtTHz.png

Ahsoka was pure young Eye candy.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited November 2016

Ahsoka was one of the main reason why clone wars was so good I think
  • thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Jrob122 wrote: »

Yeah. It was obviously something new. George did it great. Disney wasn't brave enough to do something new. Too afraid to fail^^ RO could be now different.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited November 2016

Yeah she was good because she questioned and challenged the sometimes archaic Jedi ways and like Anakin was more original and also challenged him as well. Ahsoka had her own mindset and didn't let others influence her.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

Yeah. It was obviously something new. George did it great. Disney wasn't brave enough to do something new. Too afraid to fail^^ RO could be now different.

That and the tone could be unconvincing. RO has to be ominous.

Feminism
    Plot holes
    In-movie explanations

Why does a female lead automatically mean it's feminism?
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »

Feminism
    Plot holes
    In-movie explanations

That's not it. It's not like I said Ahsoka was feminist. I noticed hints of feminism in TFA though
    Ex: don't touch my hand!

Feminism
    Plot holes
    In-movie explanations

That's not it. It's not like I said Ahsoka was feminist. I noticed hints of feminism in TFA though

Lol, that's not even feminism.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Darkaid wrote: »

Feminism
    Plot holes
    In-movie explanations

Sorta is. I mean if fighters are shooting at me and a soldier told me to take his hand I'd do it

Feminism
    Plot holes
    In-movie explanations

Sorta is. I mean if fighters are shooting at me and a soldier told me to take his hand I'd do it

So you would risk your own life just to hold someone's hand during a battle? That's dumb.

Feminism
    Plot holes
    In-movie explanations

So you would risk your own life just to hold someone's hand during a battle? That's dumb.

He was leading her to safety. They do that all the time in military movies
  • Yay! Feminism/Anti-Feminism Thread! I'm as happy as little Anakin in the Phantom Menace...
    "YIIIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!"
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Now them cutting out the graphic Vader scene made me more concerned Disney will keep toning down on violence in SW too much. If Vader goes on a killing spree in Marvel comics when he intercepts rebel ships, he should do the same in the movies.
  • Now them cutting out the graphic Vader scene made me more concerned Disney will keep toning down on violence in SW too much. If Vader goes on a killing spree in Marvel comics when he intercepts rebel ships, he should do the same in the movies.

They cut the scene!?
  • Yeah because too violent.:/
  • There was some form of feminism there but I wouldn't say it ruined the movie.
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Now them cutting out the graphic Vader scene made me more concerned Disney will keep toning down on violence in SW too much. If Vader goes on a killing spree in Marvel comics when he intercepts rebel ships, he should do the same in the movies.

Are you serious? That's _______ing lame. Of course they would. Everything has to be toned down in order for them to get the rating they need to sell more tickets. Let the trilogies be more geared towards children and give us the rest. Not everything has to be toned down so that this sensitive little society of ours doesn't get offended or feel uneasy. God, you can't even sneeze these days without somebody being offended.
    Post edited by ORancisis on
  • Which Vader scene?
  • I heard Vader will be in more then we initially thought, and he'll be a real menace
  • Who's voicing Vader this time around since James Earl Jones is gone? (RIP)
  • KingGio21 wrote: »
    Who's voicing Vader this time around since James Earl Jones is gone? (RIP)

He isn't dead? He's voicing Vader! Unless you were joking :/

Rey development. No force user, one hour later, stronger than Anakin as Padawan.

Yeah the fact she was able to mind control with no training, **** lol such ****
  • FettForMVP wrote: »

Yeah the fact she was able to mind control with no training, g-t-f-o lol such b s

• Jrob122 wrote: »
    KingGio21 wrote: »

No I wasn't joking idk why I thought JEJ was gone
  • KingGio21 wrote: »
    KingGio21 wrote: »

No I wasn't joking idk why I thought JEJ was gone

Yep our beloved JEJ is only 85 years young :) hopefully he can continue to provide us with our lengendary Vader voice for years to come
  • Lorand999
    66 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I hope it will be good. Trailer doesn't look like it though.
    Now them cutting out the graphic Vader scene made me more concerned Disney will keep toning down on violence in SW too much. If Vader goes on a killing spree in Marvel comics when he intercepts rebel ships, he should do the same in the movies.

Are you serious? That's _______ing lame. Of course they would. Everything has to be toned down in order for them to get the rating they need to sell more tickets. Let the trilogies be more geared towards children and give us the rest. Not everything has to be toned down so that this sensitive little society of ours doesn't get offended or feel uneasy. God, you can't even sneeze these days without somebody being offended.

Yup because 5 year olds would be scared to see Vader swinging his lightsaber while throwing and choking rebels like rag dolls.
  • Tobikun wrote: »

Yup because 5 year olds would be scared to see Vader swinging his lightsaber while throwing and choking rebels like rag dolls.

Actually it's because Disney is making star wars more "family friendly", which means at some point star wars won't have anything resembling violence and they will settle everything with hugs and musical numbers.

That is a world I do not want to live in. Sign me up for the one way trip to Mars plz and thanks
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Well Marvel isnt all too bad but still. CW had alot of death and violence that even movies didn't have. This is what Disney should uphold and not turn SW into a PG movie franchise. Wars arent something that should be depicted lightly and skipped over if there's a violent confrontation. Fear rage sadness pain and chaos are things war brings and those things should be depicted realistically like in CW for example.