criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Some people play this game too much

Prev1
I just joined the Bespin playlist and it was near the end of Fighter Squadron. The top scorer on the other team was 46-0. And sure enough as soon as I spawned in, I started taking fire.

When that game was over, the next round to load was Sabotage. That same player grabs Nien Numb. After a few minutes he's got like 20-0 score. So, I just drop because there's no point to it.

Replies

• Or maybe he's just good?
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • pc or other platform?
    for a casual player, i get a bit annoyed at token campers but then again welcome to gaming with other people.
    this is why i'm an advocate for randomized token placement.
  • Yeah, token camping is a serious pitfall of the game, mainly because there isn't really a disadvantage to it. I still hold that only the top 5 players should have access to them, requiring players to do something in order to get heroes
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • Yea,but its video games and some people will just know every inch of every map and where every spawn is,thats just reality of multiplayer.Just play the objectives and don't take it too seriously because there are people out there that take it very seriously and you can't compete with that if you play occasionally for fun.
  • @Clutchman Thats where a top-5 limit would help. You can't hero-token camp, because then you won't be in the top 5 and you won't be able to even see the pick-up
  • Balmain24
    1532 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Cyonyde wrote: »
    I just joined the Bespin playlist and it was near the end of Fighter Squadron. The top scorer on the other team was 46-0. And sure enough as soon as I spawned in, I started taking fire.

When that game was over, the next round to load was Sabotage. That same player grabs Nien Numb. After a few minutes he's got like 20-0 score. So, I just drop because there's no point to it.

He was probably just a good player, and you need a bit more experience. For example; I just started playing Overwatch a few days ago and since I have a few friends who are lv over 200 on my party we get matched up with some people that destroy me. Yet you don't quit, instead try to pick up a thing or two. Eventually you'll be at the same level :wink:
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • @LysdexicsUntied Instead of a top 5, what would you think of an in-game limit? I'm starting to leave lobbies where I recognize certain players and I know they're going to be spamming vehicle tokens the entire match as it's just not worth my frustration. One or two go rounds a match should suffice to whet everyone's appetites I would think.
  • Balmain24 wrote: »

He was probably just a good player, and you need a bit more experience. For example; I just started playing Overwatch a few days ago and since I have a few friends who are lv over 200 on my party we get matched up with some people that destroy me. Yet you don't quit, instead try to pick up a thing or two. Eventually you'll be at the same level :wink:

Having played this game since 17/11/15, I honestly can't imagine having to start learning this game at this point. I mean this was literally the first console game I've ever owned (bought the PS4 exclusively for it) but at least I had the chance to get used to it simultaneously with everyone else. Someone who joins now is thrown right into the deep end with a lead weight attached. A lead weight fired from my Cycler Rifle. Right into their head. I don't think I could handle being a noob at this point

• Having played this game since 17/11/15, I honestly can't imagine having to start learning this game at this point. I mean this was literally the first console game I've ever owned (bought the PS4 exclusively for it) but at least I had the chance to get used to it simultaneously with everyone else. Someone who joins now is thrown right into the deep end with a lead weight attached. A lead weight fired from my Cycler Rifle. Right into their head. I don't think I could handle being a noob at this point

Same boat as you, bought the Battlefront PS4 bundle pre-launch. It has taken so much time to get decent at this game....and I still have matches that are disasters. I can't fathom joining this game so late into the life. Unless you're a player that is just naturally good at shooters. Which I'm not.
  • @LysdexicsUntied Instead of a top 5, what would you think of an in-game limit? I'm starting to leave lobbies where I recognize certain players and I know they're going to be spamming vehicle tokens the entire match as it's just not worth my frustration. One or two go rounds a match should suffice to whet everyone's appetites I would think.

Yeah me and a few others from my servers were discussing a certain player named CookieMonsta who, and I kid you not, was in a vehicle/playing as a hero every single time I checked the leaderboard (@Refstar072 can back me up here). So there definitely needs to be some kind of limiting factor. But at the same time, there are occasions where you are literally the only remotely good person on your team, and if you aren't the hero pushing the frontline, your team will lose in straight sets. In these scenarios, I get incredibly irritated knowing that I at least could have resisted a little, but wasn't given the chance because mister 4-19503, sitting on last place with 25 points on our team, went Vader on Jakku and got slaughtered, while their Chewie is running in with his roar-buffed vanguards is absolutely dominating.

• Having played this game since 17/11/15, I honestly can't imagine having to start learning this game at this point. I mean this was literally the first console game I've ever owned (bought the PS4 exclusively for it) but at least I had the chance to get used to it simultaneously with everyone else. Someone who joins now is thrown right into the deep end with a lead weight attached. A lead weight fired from my Cycler Rifle. Right into their head. I don't think I could handle being a noob at this point

Same boat as you, bought the Battlefront PS4 bundle pre-launch. It has taken so much time to get decent at this game....and I still have matches that are disasters. I can't fathom joining this game so late into the life. Unless you're a player that is just naturally good at shooters. Which I'm not.

Yeah, my performance rise only began ~3 months after launch. Remembering the frustration I felt when taking on the naturals is terrible - multiplying it by 120 as it is now, it would be unbearable. Really, Skirmish needs to be a more viable option so that at the least people can get used to the game, but the shambles it is means that getting used to that kind of gameplay would actually make you worse. I generally notice a steep drop in my playing-quality of the first 1 or 2 games of multiplayer I play after a skirmish match.

Having played this game since 17/11/15, I honestly can't imagine having to start learning this game at this point. I mean this was literally the first console game I've ever owned (bought the PS4 exclusively for it) but at least I had the chance to get used to it simultaneously with everyone else. Someone who joins now is thrown right into the deep end with a lead weight attached. A lead weight fired from my Cycler Rifle. Right into their head. I don't think I could handle being a noob at this point

True. Although many people started as noobs (a lot of us came to this game straight from other FPS, so I guess there is a slight advantage there), I can't imagine having to deal with SF, Disruption, Shock nades and the like all the while making an effort to understand mechanics and the flow of the game ...
  • 100% correcto @LysdexicsUntied, I even tried blowing up a trip mine near him to stop him ha ha ha he's not the Cookiemonsta he's the C***monsta

True. Although many people started as noobs (a lot of us came to this game straight from other FPS, so I guess there is a slight advantage there), I can't imagine having to deal with SF, Disruption, Shock nades and the like all the while making an effort to understand mechanics and the flow of the game ...

There's a reason no other FPSs have those kinds of features, they simply don't work in a game where every player should be on an equal base-level. So any casual gamer, even if he has a slight background with Battlefield/COD/etc, is completely out of his depth to start with.
  • @Balmain24 DICE seems to consistent get their creative license confused as something which gives them the right to introduce game-breaking additions, rather than simply diverse ones
  • Refstar072 wrote: »
    100% correcto @LysdexicsUntied, I even tried blowing up a trip mine near him to stop him ha ha ha he's not the Cookiemonsta he's the C***monsta

It just disappoints me to see his name in the player list, on my team or not. I just know that his presence will be ruining the game for someone
  • Refstar072 wrote: »
    100% correcto @LysdexicsUntied, I even tried blowing up a trip mine near him to stop him ha ha ha he's not the Cookiemonsta he's the C***monsta

It just disappoints me to see his name in the player list, on my team or not. I just know that his presence will be ruining the game for someone

^This - this is my predominant issue with it - fine, you have low self esteem and need to bully other players in an online game to feel better about yourself, but can only do it with noobish load outs or tokens which give you an advantage. Whatever. When the game is over I go to my life and you go to yours. But you're ruining other people's ability to enjoy the game.

I honestly think you shouldn't get kills or points from hero or vehicle kills. So the l0s3rs that pad their self esteem by token camping can't get the lift and then only players who do it for the purposes of winning would be inclined towards the behavior.
  • I honestly think you shouldn't get kills or points from hero or vehicle kills. So the l0s3rs that pad their self esteem by token camping can't get the lift and then only players who do it for the purposes of winning would be inclined towards the behavior.

And what about people who actually use heroes/vehicles for pushing the objective and helping their team? I don't agree on the points. I do agree on making the pickups only appear to people who PTO.
  • @cannon_fodder @Balmain24 Once again, I feel its summed up by the idea that the game simply doesn't reward support playing as much as it should, and rewards kill-oriented plating far too much. The Empire doesn't hire Dengar to kill 50 Rebels, it hires Dengar to make sure its AT-ATs reach the base and can kill 5000 Rebels.

Don't sell yourself short... you're a tremendous slouch
  • @Balmain24 I understand your point and was being extreme to make the point - which is that the players in question - the true token campers, have motivations other than playing the objective at heart. If one really care about playing the objective and winning the game more than points / kills, then it wouldn't bother them if they didn't get 'credit' for that achievement.

I largely avoid hero modes (I have a strong distaste for Luke Skywalker in ANY media form now, than you very much force push...) and play a lot of Turning Point. I'm a decent enough pilot with the T-47 that if we're bogging down on the final control point on, say, Sullust, I'll hop in a T-47 and strafe the common encampment points to get us moving. I'd still do that if I didn't get the kills and points for it, knowing that I might have played a role in helping my team win. That's all I'm saying. I completely agree with @LysdexicsUntied, the game rewards kill-oriented playing far too much. That's why I LOVE the Heal 5 Teammates award (sorry, couldn't resist :smile:)
  • Once again, I feel its summed up by the idea that the game simply doesn't reward support playing as much as it should, and rewards kill-oriented plating far too much. The Empire doesn't hire Dengar to kill 50 Rebels, it hires Dengar to make sure its AT-ATs reach the base and can kill 5000 Rebels.

Yes. This^^^^

PSN: Tallion828
  • The FS is fine, i get scores like that all the time.

But yea, Heroes not being killstreaks is one of the WORST things about this game and I am not lame enough to token camp.

• Don't sell yourself short... you're a tremendous slouch

BAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'll get you Wookie!!!! I keel you til you're dead!

giphy.gif

I'll be on tonight, so you can carry me like you always do.
  • Wookie_Rage73
    748 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    1;553644"]

BAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'll get you Wookie!!!! I keel you til you're dead!

giphy.gif

I'll be on tonight, so you can carry me like you always do. [/quote]

Probably will not be tonight...family in town.

Tomorrow I will rain down my 15-11 scores on everyone

giphy.gif

How do I add a giphy?
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Whenever I play, I want to make sure I don't make someone else have as bad a day with this game as much as I do. So I choose loadouts that purposefully put myself at a disadvantage, so that when a I get a kill it feels more rewarding and won't make the other person feel as if they got cheated out of any way to win that encounter.

I also work to help the team and less for myself. I'll throw myself into an uplink room multiple times in the hope that I can distract the enemies long enough for my team to make it in. To me it doesn't matter if I succeed, but if the team succeeds.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

giphy.gif

How do I add a giphy?

Select the gif, right click select "copy image location"
    Click on "attach image/file" button, paste the URL from gif in field.
    Sit back and laugh at your clever contribution.
  • Camping heroes and then racking up kills against regular infantry is far from what I would call "good". You determine who is good or better by making all things even. Any crap player can get a hero and get a lot of kills.

This game badly needed more infantry only modes. I say 'needed" as it's already dead so at this point it isn't going to happen.
  • I'm actually one of those noobs that just started. I accept it'll take a while to learn but so far on ps4 pro it's been full player maps. Assuming many like me just bought the ultimate editions so as to getting all the dlc without paying 110.00. So far playing objectives scouting is good but I got a lot to learn about shooting accuracy.
  • Wookie_Rage73
    748 posts Member
    edited November 2016

giphy.gif

How do I add a giphy?

To those using ES...

giphy.gif

How do I add a giphy?

To those using ES...

I screwed up...again

• I screwed up...again

oh dear
    giphy.gif
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, token camping is a serious pitfall of the game, mainly because there isn't really a disadvantage to it. I still hold that only the top 5 players should have access to them, requiring players to do something in order to get heroes

That would be just as annoying. First of all what constitutes a "top player"?. Second, the heroes are for anyone to enjoy, not just those with a manufactured high kd.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Wookie_Rage73
    748 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    giphy.gif

I screwed up...again [/quote]

oh dear
    giphy.gif
    [/quote]

• briandt75 wrote: »
    First of all what constitutes a "top player"?.

Sorry, I meant top objective player. The person who spends the whole game in the enemy spawn point would get a great kill death but wouldn't be offered the chance to use a hero. Increases the chance that the person who gets the hero will use it for the right purpose - pushing the objective, rather than getting kills.
    briandt75 wrote: »
    Second, the heroes are for anyone to enjoy, not just those with a manufactured high kd.

That's where this game is seriously conflicted. Aa "casual" game, yeah everyone should have the chance to play as a hero. But as a "battlefront" shooter game with legitimate objectives, the hero needs to be used correctly
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    First of all what constitutes a "top player"?.

Sorry, I meant top objective player. The person who spends the whole game in the enemy spawn point would get a great kill death but wouldn't be offered the chance to use a hero. Increases the chance that the person who gets the hero will use it for the right purpose - pushing the objective, rather than getting kills.
    Second, the heroes are for anyone to enjoy, not just those with a manufactured high kd.

That's where this game is seriously conflicted. Aa "casual" game, yeah everyone should have the chance to play as a hero. But as a "battlefront" shooter game with legitimate objectives, the hero needs to be used correctly

If they could make it so that high scoring objective players have first shot at the heroes, I'd be all for it. I also have the same amount of faith in DICE's ability to correctly code something like that as I do in a squirrel winning the discus competition at the Olympics.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Random token spawns should have been put in..in the first patch.

Even though it would still get camped..
    The same persons probability would be less
  • Personally I'm not really in favour of any mechanism that restricts heroes to 'top' players but I do agree that the game would be much better if hero tokens were placed randomly at standard token sites.

To be honest, I think the heroes are way too OP anyway and should be nerfed so that a decent player can maybe get twice as many kills as they might otherwise get, but not go on stupid streaks of 60 kills. Makes me laugh that there are people on here wanting heroes to be buffed - just don't see the point... play hero hunt instead.

Also, you should get way more credit for damaging a hero. I take it upon myself to try to take heroes down because they can unbalance the game but it often means 5+ deaths (I'm not that good!) and often someone else gets the killing shot even if I've done 90% of the damage because other players won't take on the hero until their health is already low; I get a measly points total, but a warm feeling inside.

But everyone needs to be able to play the heroes, otherwise how are we supposed to git gud?
  • Cyonyde wrote: »

instead of quitting, pick up the controller and learn from good players like that.
  • briandt75 wrote: »
    If they could make it so that high scoring objective players have first shot at the heroes, I'd be all for it. I also have the same amount of faith in DICE's ability to correctly code something like that as I do in a squirrel winning the discus competition at the Olympics.

Ahahaha. Fair point. My idea never really had a hope of becoming any more than an idea. Even if the devs even did read these threads, its not like they ever would have implemented it
  • I am so sick of the **** in this game. Whether it is Lando one shorting me thru a wall or Sidious unable to fight Luke one on one. Crap. What movie did they watch to get that matchup. I recall Luke being inept against Sidious. Luke can force push thru his block yet Sidious' chain lightning can't damage him thru a block. This game is complete ****.
  • Cyonyde
    253 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Balmain24 wrote: »

I just get too frustrated. It happened again tonight. Joined up on Endor on the Empire side. It was still on the first round of objectives when I entered the game. I spawned in and while I was looking at the score just to see where things stood in the game I just joined, I was IMMEDIATELY killed by the top scorer on the other side. Oh yeah, he was also running scan pulse and bacta. I don't call this "skilled". I call this lame and pathetic. And this is a player I see a lot. I'm now to the point if I see his name in the list I don't even bother.

I just get too frustrated. It happened again tonight. Joined up on Endor on the Empire side. It was still on the first round of objectives when I entered the game. I spawned in and while I was looking at the score just to see where things stood in the game I just joined, I was IMMEDIATELY killed by the top scorer on the other side. Oh yeah, he was also running scan pulse and bacta. I don't call this "skilled". I call this lame and pathetic. And this is a player I see a lot. I'm now to the point if I see his name in the list I don't even bother.

there are a lot of one hit kill weapons that can make this game frustrating... the best thing anyone can do when they feel frustrated is to not angrily run in over and over again even though that is easier said than done. i often catch myself making terrible rash decisions when somebody frustrates me and i get mad and continue to b-line it right for them every time i respawn. i know it sounds lame but i like to take a few deep breaths to collect myself, and that really helps me to make the correct decisions.

SAME

Bacta's very existence is dumb. What's your problem with scan pulse though? As far as star cards go, scan pulse is respectable. Most players are running around with bacta + disruption nowadays. Scan pulse was nerfed long ago, and the scan radius is fairly small. The generic mini-map is helpful on its own as long as you watch your surroundings for players who aren't sprinting.

The argument against scan pulse is that knowing where your enemy is provides a significant tactical advantage over not knowing where they are. Scan pulse coupled with a OHK like scatter gun is basically unfair. Bacta provides no offensive capability. It certainly helps you stay alive, but not when countered with something like scan pulse + scatter gun.

I don't find Bacta to be that big of a deal personally. On the right map (Endor) scan pulse can make all the difference in the world. Back in the Bactazerker days, I actually thought old Scout + Scan Pulse + Scatter was more OP if played correctly.