criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

I enjoyed the graphics alot, but...

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited December 2016
...only one beach map and one space map? Don't tell me beach day time, evening, WA and supremacy are supposed to count as separate maps because they're 99% the same. Where are the 2 other maps that were supposed to come with the dlc? Again, I enjoyed the maps, the level design and graphics but you can't have all ground modes happen on one beach map.

Replies

• Guess what. That is all we get
  • ...only one beach map and one space map? Don't tell me beach day time, evening, WA and supremacy are supposed to count as separate maps because they're 99% the same. Where are the 2 other maps that were supposed to come with the dlc? Again, I enjoyed the maps, the level design and graphics but you can't have all ground modes happen on one beach map.

I am disappointed too.
  • This will make alot of angry fans even more disappointed. Oh well, if that's what they want.
  • This will make alot of angry fans even more disappointed. Oh well, if that's what they want.

I now... it feels like they do it on purpose
  • What are the 4 maps?
    1.Space Gate
    2.Beach afternoon
    3.Beach evening
    4.Havent seen a forth
    I thought I heard there was a landing pad/tower level?
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    That on top of 3 round HvV change that no one wanted and the very luck based U wing run is gonna sink the game even lower.
    Revert HvV and buff U wing's shields and jamming duration at least.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    What are the 4 maps?
    1.Space Gate
    2.Beach afternoon
    3.Beach evening
    4.Havent seen a forth
    I thought I heard there was a landing pad/tower level?

True. Where is the fourth map? Evening and afternoon and space make 3.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    So, are these maps just the same one at different times?

Perhaps the fourth map was the one with from the trailer? The one that was completely void of trees.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Don't know, haven't seen the trailer but I played through all the modes and only space and beach.
  • Very beginning.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I don't own the DLC, but here's what I see greyed out when going to play a Private Match.

Blast: Scarif Beach, Landing Pad 13, Scarif Jungle

Walker Assault: Scarif Beach, Landing Pad 13

Fighter Squadron: Shield Gate

Turning Point: Scarif Beach, Landing Pad 13, Scarif Jungle
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    All I saw was the beach with alot of sand and with trees in the back lol. Maybe an extention of the present map.
  • There is no way they counted the same map at different hours of the day two maps. That would me an all time low. Are they brain dead?
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    They could always kind of bounce back on one extra map they released for bespin and ds but still that does them no justice. They have fallen to a new low. This is lazy and greedy practice
  • it's really just two maps, the beach and space, then you get some game modes of those.
    it's really not worth it.
    "With the Force, he has joined. Grieve, I will not"
  • I'll tell you what would be worth it. If you could actually play these new maps right along side the vanilla ones per your game mode of choice.
  • There are 3 ground maps. They are all similar in appearance. like the death star. Personally that irritates me, I much preferred the map variety Outer rim offered. But this is what happens when you try and make an expansion out of a film that isnt out yet, and make it all about one planet.
    Was On The List but is not anymore.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    One of the ground maps with Tie Strikers parked in the jungle thicket is different from the other Infiltration map. I didn't find any other jungle maps that were any different these 2.
  • They could always kind of bounce back on one extra map they released for bespin and ds but still that does them no justice. They have fallen to a new low. This is lazy and greedy practice

I Played one game and it's just the same awful gameplay of jumpacks everywhere and spam of personal shield and disruption... Garbage

It's still funny to see the 2% of people on here saying 'This is the best DLC ever!'.

Obviously have low expectations
  • I feel like adding the DLC maps to the vanillas games, and the vanilla maps to the DLC exclusive game modes would really save this game. Will they ever?
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    They could always kind of bounce back on one extra map they released for bespin and ds but still that does them no justice. They have fallen to a new low. This is lazy and greedy practice

It's still funny to see the 2% of people on here saying 'This is the best DLC ever!'.

EA lic.ks their greedy chops and loves these type of customers.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DarthJ
    6569 posts Member

I Played one game and it's just the same awful gameplay of jumpacks everywhere and spam of personal shield and disruption... Garbage

The impact grenades are out in force, as are flash grenades. I'm staggering along like a drunk half the time.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    I feel like adding the DLC maps to the vanillas games, and the vanilla maps to the DLC exclusive game modes would really save this game. Will they ever?

We've been asking for this since OR. It makes sense, would work and would make the game much more fun....so nope! :sweat:
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • It's pretty weak. There are basically two infantry maps but, unlike even Death Star, there is absolutely nothing done to really differentiate them visually. It's clearly the same assets slightly rearranged.

Overall disappointed. Not hugely, didn't expect a lot, but it's not good either. Jyn feels a bit blah, Krennic a touch OP, and the maps finally outdo Endor night in terms of camping and difficulty spotting enemies. They're also damn hard to navigate with bushes you can walk through looking the same as bushes that are impenetrable barriers. There are also parts of the map near control points where you can walk out of bounds on one team even though the opposing team can stand in that same area and shoot in/toss grenades at you, which is awful design.

The first part of Infiltration and Walker Assault weren't bad tho. Krennic's gun looks kinda good, although I still have to go through the tedium of unlocking it (Hutt Contracts that depend on hero kills, what fun). Overall definitely going out with a whimper rather than a bang unfortunately. I'd rather have had Mos Eisely, Dagobah, Tarkin, and Ben Kenobi personally. Forced movie tie-ins were definitely a burden on this game.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    I've yet to play the landing pad map. I've played RO for a couple hours but have only played the beach and space.
  • C'mon! :)

1c1174a4_o.png
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    I feel like adding the DLC maps to the vanillas games, and the vanilla maps to the DLC exclusive game modes would really save this game. Will they ever?

i dont even care about the fact that i paid for the DLC's at this point. i really hope EA decides to get rid of the playlists and make everything available to everyone... the game needs it.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    @Sledgehammer70 Connect all Supremacy and WA DLC maps to the vanilla game please, if you don't bring new large maps for the vanilla modes.
    I am willed to pay for new large maps and Conquest, but not for more small modes :(
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• @Sledgehammer70 Connect all Supremacy and WA DLC maps to the vanilla game please, if you don't bring new large maps for the vanilla modes.
    I am willed to pay for new large maps and Conquest, but not for more small modes :(

They should do for this for all modes. Even adding modes like Extraction and Sabotage to some of few vanilla maps as well would be amazing.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    ORancisis wrote: »
    @Sledgehammer70 Connect all Supremacy and WA DLC maps to the vanilla game please, if you don't bring new large maps for the vanilla modes.

They should do for this for all modes. Even adding modes like Extraction and Sabotage to some of few vanilla maps as well would be amazing.
    Yes :)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• It's pretty weak. There are basically two infantry maps but, unlike even Death Star, there is absolutely nothing done to really differentiate them visually. It's clearly the same assets slightly rearranged.

Overall disappointed. Not hugely, didn't expect a lot, but it's not good either. Jyn feels a bit blah, Krennic a touch OP, and the maps finally outdo Endor night in terms of camping and difficulty spotting enemies. They're also **** hard to navigate with bushes you can walk through looking the same as bushes that are impenetrable barriers. There are also parts of the map near control points where you can walk out of bounds on one team even though the opposing team can stand in that same area and shoot in/toss grenades at you, which is awful design.

The first part of Infiltration and Walker Assault weren't bad tho. Krennic's gun looks kinda good, although I still have to go through the tedium of unlocking it (Hutt Contracts that depend on hero kills, what fun). Overall definitely going out with a whimper rather than a bang unfortunately. I'd rather have had Mos Eisely, Dagobah, Tarkin, and Ben Kenobi personally. Forced movie tie-ins were definitely a burden on this game.

Would be cool but it's never gonna happen.
  • @Sledgehammer70 Connect all Supremacy and WA DLC maps to the vanilla game please, if you don't bring new large maps for the vanilla modes.

99% chance they wont do it. Probably orders from EA execs as well.