criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rouge One Walker assualt

Why is Walker Assault only 2 phases? We had uplinks turned on, and a good amount of Y wings, but had no chance of taking both walkers down. Are we going to need to all use secondary fire?

Replies

• Wallofman wrote: »
    Why is Walker Assault only 2 phases? We had uplinks turned on, and a good amount of Y wings, but had no chance of taking both walkers down. Are we going to need to all use secondary fire?

I only played 3 straight rounds of Infiltration. Is Rogue One a forced phase like DS or is it a playlist?
  • The U wing does a lot of damage

Didn't the secondary fire's damage on vehicles get nerfed as well?

To answer your original question: Probably due to size of the map (smaller). There's any number of reasons why it is smaller - most likely being cost.

Originally the Bespin WA was nearly impossible to win as Rebels due to the smaller amount of people (16) firing on the walkers - not to mention the sightline issues. They eventually tweaked the health.

You'd think with only two uplinks they'd be inclined to adjust the health on the walkers or have fewer of them.

I've only played one round, but I think the AT-AT health is lower, they appear to have less armor on the sides (or just brownish plating). I was able to take the last one down with an Ion torpedo.
  • AT-AT health is much lower.

A few uplinks give you plenty of time. I've won and lost that mode on both sides.

Secondary fire barely scratches the paint now after the Bryar nerf. Just take them down with ion, the games are pretty well balanced except Krennic is too OP and can lock down an uplink very easily.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Second time I'm disappointed by my favorite mode in DLC form. WA is the purest form of Star Wars in this game, messing it up should be really difficult. But nah...
  • Only played one WA round so far. We took the walkers down on the first set of uplinks. Bryar secondary has not been nerfed that I can tell, but the cooling flush is much harder to hit.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    My team took them out fairly easily. Although, I've only played one round.
  • It's Rogue not Rouge.
  • Yammos wrote: »
    It's Rogue not Rouge.

You made everyone blush
  • Tell your team to get rid of jump packs and use ion weapons. My team was able to take down a walker on the first set of uplinks. The team I was playing still struggled to keep them activated, but we still won.
  • Yammos wrote: »
    It's Rogue not Rouge.

You made everyone blush

HAH.
    Tell your team to get rid of jump packs and use ion weapons. My team was able to take down a walker on the first set of uplinks. The team I was playing still struggled to keep them activated, but we still won.

Yes, I've played WA a few times as rebels now, as long as we get a 5-6 y-wings in a phase, I've been able to blow them away with Ion torpedoes and continued attack, and I assume others have as well.

It is quite obvious they didn't do much testing as both WA and infiltration are far to difficult for the rebels to succeed
  • I've only played one round of WA on Scarif. I was on the Rebel team, and I thought we were able to take out the AT-ATs much easier than I expected to, so I think everyone's assessment that the health is lower is probably correct.
  • fubbajub
    247 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Wallofman wrote: »

It is quite obvious they didn't do much testing as both WA and infiltration are far to difficult for the rebels to succeed

Not my experience at all. If anything, it's pretty easy for Rebels to win. I'm a cargo player, I rarely venture in to Walker Assault, but I've actually finished off two AT-ACTs with the Torpedo in this version. Not an expert in this mode at all, and I'm sure with more matches (WA doesn't seem to come up a whole bunch, is it a random playlist?) I will eventually lose as the rebels a few times, too.

As was stated before, I think the reason it's so short is because this is a small map WA match. The AT-ACT health is significantly lower, and visually, there appears to be less armor (brown plating on the cargo hold).

Fun fact, the AT-ACT was designed primarly for construction projects: http://www.starwars.com/databank/at-act-walker

Probably why there is significantly lower armor?
  • Played 4 rounds of WA and actually really enjoy it (same for TP). I've won twice, once as rebels and once as imps.
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Walker Assault is the most popular mode in the game so naturally Dice only made like 2 maps for it out of all dlc content and then stifled them by lowering the playercount, the number of walkers, and number of uplinks.

It all makes perfect sense guys

Nothing is wrong
  • Joonlar wrote: »
    Walker Assault is the most popular mode in the game so naturally Dice only made like 2 maps for it out of all dlc content and then stifled them by lowering the playercount, the number of walkers, and number of uplinks.

Nothing is wrong

Personally, I enjoy having the option of a small map WA. Changes it up greatly.

• bfloo
    14087 posts Member
    Gingie wrote: »
    My team took them out fairly easily. Although, I've only played one round.

Same. Took on down on the 1st uplink, 2nd down on the 2nd.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• fubbajub wrote: »

Not my experience at all. If anything, it's pretty easy for Rebels to win. I'm a cargo player, I rarely venture in to Walker Assault, but I've actually finished off two AT-ACTs with the Torpedo in this version. Not an expert in this mode at all, and I'm sure with more matches (WA doesn't seem to come up a whole bunch, is it a random playlist?) I will eventually lose as the rebels a few times, too.

As was stated before, I think the reason it's so short is because this is a small map WA match. The AT-ACT health is significantly lower, and visually, there appears to be less armor (brown plating on the cargo hold).

Fun fact, the AT-ACT was designed primarly for construction projects: http://www.starwars.com/databank/at-act-walker

Um, there are no AT-ACTs in the playable areas on any of the Rogue One maps. It's only AT-ATs.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."

Don't forget the decision to remove a player's ability to actually sit their backside in a walker on WA Scarif. Now THAT makes sense. ;)

Don't forget the decision to remove a player's ability to actually sit their backside in a walker on WA Scarif. Now THAT makes sense. ;)

I was going to say something about it possibly being too easy for the driver to farm kills but then I remembered the U-Wing exists.
  • fubbajub
    247 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    CPT_Rex wrote: »
    fubbajub wrote: »

Um, there are no AT-ACTs in the playable areas on any of the Rogue One maps. It's only AT-ATs.

Well, they gave them the side-plating of the AT-ACTs

Maybe. I'd have to look again.
  • fubbajub
    247 posts Member
    edited December 2016

Yeah, I've only seen them from the sides, behind. Typically I'm trying to kill them more than enjoy the details so far. If anything, it's probably the AT-AT model skinned to look more like the AT-ACT. I figured they removeded the AT-AT token since AT-ACTs don't have the same heavy cannons as well (that, and orbital strike would make it way difficult for the rebels). Whether those cannons are on this AT-AT/CT model, I don't know.

Yeah, I've only seen them from the sides, behind. Typically I'm trying to kill them more than enjoy the details so far. If anything, it's probably the AT-AT model skinned to look more like the AT-ACT. I figured they removeded the AT-AT token since AT-ACTs don't have the same heavy cannons as well (that, and orbital strike would make it way difficult for the rebels). Whether those cannons are on this AT-AT/CT model, I don't know.

I think the reason the Orbital Strike isn't in this DLC is because:

A. It would be OP
    B. It doesn't make sense since Scarif is protected by a planetary shield, making orbital bombardment an impossibility.
  • I guess I was just on a bad team that first night. I have been able to win as a rebel a couple of times since my original post.
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »

A. It would be OP
    B. It doesn't make sense since Scarif is protected by a planetary shield, making orbital bombardment an impossibility.

Right, exactly, I just meant that it was part of the AT-AT token, you could summon a strike while piloting and fire those larger cannons. I just haven't gotten a good look at the head to see if they changed the model.
    I guess I was just on a bad team that first night. I have been able to win as a rebel a couple of times since my original post.

The first night was brutal on every Scarif map. Too many teams and bad matchmaking. Day 2 was much better, IMO...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • SSJSnoop
    1647 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The 2 phases is weird but fine to accommodate being the smallest WA map in the game.

I hate that there are no Walker, AT-ST, or Ship tokens. No Airspeeders to tow cable. Just the almost useless Tie Striker and the Uber powerful Uwing.

Actually, using the U-wing is great but as soon as I exit it I get P.O. off all over again how tupid having everything being randomly placed tokens and nothing being score/kill based is.
    I guess I was just on a bad team that first night. I have been able to win as a rebel a couple of times since my original post.

I feel you. Perhaps it was everybody trying hurt contacts but my team was quite awful. In all fairness I have only about 10wa matches on this dlc but it seems the imps won the majority
  • Tell your team to get rid of jump packs and use ion weapons. My team was able to take down a walker on the first set of uplinks. The team I was playing still struggled to keep them activated, but we still won.

Good point. I've found since this DLC released I've been using other Star Cards a lot more. Usually medical droid or Bacta bomb but hey gotta get those ticks to level up
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »

A. It would be OP

I'm gonna have to try Nien to see what he does there...WIll he have prox bombs? Or an Orbital..

Nope, copy and paste from the models already in game.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13