criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Data Tapes Pickup Bug! - PS4

I have spent the day playing the RO DLC, and for some reason I can't pick up the data tapes... at the beginning in the bunker and the ones dropped on the ground. The square button symbol appears within the circle, but when I try and execute it each time, nothing happens. And there is nothing wrong with my controller as that button works perfectly.

Replies

• I have this trouble on Xbox...not in the bunker but when trying to pick up the data tapes out in the field after they were dropped
  • Bravo-November7
    450 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I have this trouble on Xbox...not in the bunker but when trying to pick up the data tapes out in the field after they were dropped

Thanx, @Obi_Wan_Spicoli. Definitely sounds like a bug issue on both consoles.
  • You have to be really close and aim at the tape to pick it.

I'm French, sorry for my mistakes ;)
  • I'm finding it hard to pick up too. Not sure yet if it's a bug or if I'm just doing it 'wrong'.
  • +1 for me too - Playstation
  • I'm on PS4 and experienced the same thing. The only thing that seems to work is if I crouch down and aim at the card on the ground, then but I usually die by the time I actually pick it up, lol.
  • You have to stare at the data tape for it to register the pickup. It's annoying for sure. All pickups/activations are like this in the game. I think it's just more annoying because the tapes are so small.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • It is definitely problematic. I managed to pick one up. However, when you get to the final area it doesn't seem to activate if you picked it up. I ran from the initial bunker to the pick up and it seemed that as soon as I reached the area, victory activated. On the PS4 both after picking it up and hitting the area and then afterwards carrying from the bunker there was no victory upon reaching the goal.

So I think there is a bug when picking up a data tape. It is definitely very difficult to win that mode on first glance.
  • Yeah, it doesn't register the square push like the rest of the square presses in the game. It only works for me if I am pointing my reticle at it. Then it will pick up.
  • Been playing yesterday and today several times and I was finally able to pick up the data tapes with no problem. Day 1 fluke perhaps?!