criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Infiltration heavily favors the U-wings

Playing the Infiltration mode, my team and I discovered the hard way that the U-wings can fly far, far above the available game arena ceiling that the TIE's can even lock onto enemy ships in, making it literally untouchable when it's supposed to be the focus of the mode, making the 1st stage a complete waste of time. Either allow the TIEs to reach it, or restrict it to their level.

Replies

• Yeah, it's an issue thats been pointed out. Will hopefully be fixed. The mode is hard enough to win as Imperials (as it should be, since most want to play the next round) without having this on top of it.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Yeah, it's an issue thats been pointed out. Will hopefully be fixed. The mode is hard enough to win as Imperials (as it should be, since most want to play the next round) without having this on top of it.

Haha 'on top of it'
    Was On The List but is not anymore.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Playing the Infiltration mode, my team and I discovered the hard way that the U-wings can fly far, far above the available game arena ceiling that the TIE's can even lock onto enemy ships in, making it literally untouchable when it's supposed to be the focus of the mode, making the 1st stage a complete waste of time. Either allow the TIEs to reach it, or restrict it to their level.

Really?

I've only made it to the shield gate once in the Approach Stage as the U-Wing.

Maybe I'm just playing with bad people if it's easier for you guys.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Sucks we'll probably have to wait weeks for them to fix this exploit with their slow track record. Just came out of a game where the rebels delayed the game doing this, and ultimately they timed out.

The rebels already have a marginal advantage with the x-wings completely outclassing the ties. I'm starting to get sick of playing this phase. This is the reason I didn't enjoy the Death Star DLC. Flying is so frustrating with the imbalance of teams. You look at the scoreboard, and consistently you find most of the imps with a negative KDR and the reverse with the rebs. How has DICE not balanced these starfighters yet?!?
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Then add on Luke's X-wing might as well be invincible with how often his shield recharges and how much he heals himself. It's impossible to do anything useful to him without the entire team somehow all targeting only him.
  • Playing the Infiltration mode, my team and I discovered the hard way that the U-wings can fly far, far above the available game arena ceiling that the TIE's can even lock onto enemy ships in, making it literally untouchable when it's supposed to be the focus of the mode, making the 1st stage a complete waste of time. Either allow the TIEs to reach it, or restrict it to their level.

Lol...it was bad without this.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • This bug of the U-Wings flying off the map is completely annoying... I like collecting the diorama figures and the last of them is killing 50 Ties with the U-Wing, I have to constantly keep quitting the game and trying to search another so I can get a chance to use an U-Wing. But it's almost impossible because Every time more and more people are I knowing this bug so it's so hard to play this phase for more than 30 or 40 seconds... what a waste of time... this for me is a huge mistake from the devs... what's the purpose on this phase of infiltration? The goal should be to have good flying skills in order to avoid the ties and reach the gate, wirh good support from the X-Wings so a little bit of team play is done in this.... I believe you put 2 U-Wings, later 3 and then 4 at the same time so it becomes easier to achieve the gate, because of course everyone wants to play the 3 stages... but why reduce this first stage to a few seconds only???

Please fix this as I really want to believe this is a mistake and not on purpose...
  • Then add on Luke's X-wing might as well be invincible with how often his shield recharges and how much he heals himself. It's impossible to do anything useful to him without the entire team somehow all targeting only him.

Luke's xwing isn't in infiltration......
  • Please read previous messages and put 2 and 2 together before automatically assuming random nonsense. Thank you.
  • IcedFreon
    816 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Please read previous messages and put 2 and 2 together before automatically assuming random nonsense. Thank you.

That imbalance stuff is.bull. bad flyers on either team lose the game

• Because there is always a 100% guarantee of both teams having nothing but bad pilots. Of course, or there would be every reason for this topic to be relevant. Good logic there.
  • Playing the Infiltration mode, my team and I discovered the hard way that the U-wings can fly far, far above the available game arena ceiling that the TIE's can even lock onto enemy ships in, making it literally untouchable when it's supposed to be the focus of the mode, making the 1st stage a complete waste of time. Either allow the TIEs to reach it, or restrict it to their level.
    Blazur wrote: »
    The rebels already have a marginal advantage with the x-wings completely outclassing the ties. I'm starting to get sick of playing this phase. This is the reason I didn't enjoy the Death Star DLC. Flying is so frustrating with the imbalance of teams. You look at the scoreboard, and consistently you find most of the imps with a negative KDR and the reverse with the rebs. How has DICE not balanced these starfighters yet?!?

The U-Wing space-ceiling glitch exploit is a valid point, and hopefully it is safe to assume this will be fixed in the next patch. However, I reject the notion that TIEs are outclassed by X-Wings, or that Rebellion fighters outclass the Imperials. The balancing of attributes introduced in the Death Star DLC were quite effective, IMHO. With regard to first phase of Infiltration, while X-Wings may have the advantage of their shields and firepower, TIEs have the speed boost, which can allow them to quickly close on the U-Wings (barring the space-ceiling glitch of course) in force. Because of their lack of speed, the closer the U-Wings get to the shield gate means any X-Wing taken out will be very unlikely to get back to a position to defend them, unless the current wave is destroyed and a new one spawns.

And with regard to the Death Star game modes, I have yet to see a consistent imbalance in a particular faction always winning or losing (or posting the better numbers) during the flying phases or game modes. Two things matter the most: pilot ability and lag. I strongly suspect that the poorly performing pilots are either lagging (usually easily identified when, as targets, they evade and evade until they suddenly fly straight away and are easily blasted from space), or haven't learned to adjust their speed/blaster power to turn mildly-damaging hits into quick kills.

And finally, yes, Red Five can be close to indestructible, especially with a cool-down timer powerup. Vader's TIE Advanced is in the same category as well, as long as you are able to get the vehicle repair powerups without crashing - neither hero ship is invulnerable to crashing, as I've demonstrated to myself numerous times.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Blazur wrote: »

The rebels already have a marginal advantage with the x-wings completely outclassing the ties. I'm starting to get sick of playing this phase. This is the reason I didn't enjoy the Death Star DLC.

Unbalanced is what this game is best known for. FS has always been a lopsided, rebel favoring mode. Playing as Imps feels like a punishment and a chore. Hmm, I wonder what's for dinner in Battlefront 2? Oh yeah, just remembered. Not getting it.
  • Blazur wrote: »

The rebels already have a marginal advantage with the x-wings completely outclassing the ties. I'm starting to get sick of playing this phase. This is the reason I didn't enjoy the Death Star DLC.

Unbalanced is what this game is best known for. FS has always been a lopsided, rebel favoring mode. Playing as Imps feels like a punishment and a chore. Hmm, I wonder what's for dinner in Battlefront 2? Oh yeah, just remembered. Not getting it.

tumblr_inline_o9hdrlGXMh1up03t4_500.gif
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • deltagodzilla
    1305 posts Member
    edited January 2017

I was on the rebel side, so
    The U-wing did this
    Then the funniest thing happened
    About ten ties made a blockade at the shield gate and shredded the U-wing before he got through.
    Needless to say, i laughed
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g