criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Imperial starfighters need a huge everything buff

No matter what mode you are in, the only way for the Empire to win is if they have overwhelming numbers against the Rebels. The X-wings and A-wings still outclass both TIE models, and the fact that the X-wings have a shield that can only be disabled with an easily avoided torpedo, while the TIEs have a useless speed boost, which drastically lowers weapon damage, and the Interceptors get unlimited ammo for a short period, which is completely negated by the shields in the 1st place. Then bring in Luke's X-wing, which has a rapid cooldown shield and a massive self-heal that almost completely negates any damage done within the past few minutes. And while Darth Vader does have a shield, he still has no possible way to take down X-wing shields, making him just a heavier Interceptor. Infiltration mode's 1st phase is entirely worthless, as it's specifically tailored to allow the Rebels to win to get to the ground segments faster because of excessive complaints about the Death Star's abundant space modes. At this rate, the fighter balance might as well not happen if they continue to ignore space combat because people complained about a DLC about a space station having too much space missions.

Replies

• The fighters are balanced, people just don't know how to use them.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • While I do believe that the first mode of Infiltration is more tailored towards the Rebels to get on the ground, the fighters are balanced imo. I've seen people who do extremely well with both rebel and imperial fighters. It's more a matter of play style and knowing how to control the different abilities of the ships, really.
    I'm just an imperial fangirl. | PSN: FathomEnigma1 | "Glory goes only to the Empire."
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »
    The fighters are balanced, people just don't know how to use them.

No, playing against competent and decent Rebel Pilots is an immense struggle for TIE Pilots. Only time a TIE pilot can succeed is when a rebel doesn't know how to evade when a missle is incoming.

No, playing against competent and decent Rebel Pilots is an immense struggle for TIE Pilots. Only time a TIE pilot can succeed is when a rebel doesn't know how to evade when a missle is incoming.

Even against component opponents, TIEs can achieve victory.
  • bfloo
    13350 posts Member
    The Tie Interceptor is at least equal to, if not better, then the A Wing.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

bfloo wrote: »
    The Tie Interceptor is at least equal to, if not better, then the A Wing.
    I strongly prefer to be Imperials in "space" combat.
    Play the kriffing objective, or get the kriff out.
  • Reasons, kids, we need your reasons why. Examples. Statistics. Not just the simple generic "No they're balanced only because me, myself, and I do well". Seriously, come on........
  • Tie interceptor has the greatest damage output. If anything, that's OP against the rebels ships
  • Reasons, kids, we need your reasons why. Examples. Statistics. Not just the simple generic "No they're balanced only because me, myself, and I do well". Seriously, come on........

The TIE Fighter's ion torpedo decimates rebel shields and hulls. The TIE Interceptor's laset barrage annihilates enemy hulls, potentially before they can turn on their shield. The Speed Boost not only aids in escaping an enemy, but it also maxes out the blaster power.

It's all about using the correct abilities at the correct time. The learning curve is much steeper than the one for the rebel starfighters, but once you know how to properly use your TIE, you will be extremely deadly in the cockpit.
  • dude i think the tie interceptor is easily the best ship.
  • In canon i've read the twin ion engine pilots sarcastically remark that their ships are flying coffins and that they're not really meant to survive I also believe think, or at least remember that interceptor pilots are TIE pilots that have survived 20 missions. TIE pilots have a very low survival rates despite their superior training and combat simulations , The main reason is it the tie fighter is unarmoured has no shields and IS designed to be deployed in numberless hordes
  • TIE fighters don't have shields, they're supposed to be in huge numbers to overwhelm their enemies. What would make sense is having some AI TIE fighters at least.
  • Here's the buff give the empire twice the number of AI ships that should even the odds the AI is dumb enough but it would be still enough to make it even for the empire
  • johnny_mercury
    4113 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    CPT_Rex wrote: »

I agree with that. I prematurely said they were bad, but after putting some time in on it I'm getting similar stats on Phase 1 of Infiltration as I do with the Tie Interceptor.

Edit: There does need to be some sort of balance in Phase 1 as it feels like you're "going through the motions" in nost matches. That or keep it the same and cut the amount of additional time the Rebels get in Phase 2.
  • Tobikun wrote: »

I agree with that. I prematurely said they were bad, but after putting some time in on it I'm getting similar stats on Phase 1 of Infiltration as I do with the Tie Interceptor.

Edit: There does need to be some sort of balance in Phase 1 as it feels like you're "going through the motions" in nost matches. That or keep it the same and cut the amount of additional time the Rebels get in Phase 2.

Until U-Wing players use the exploit to go higher than any other player thus making it so nobody can touch them.

Well, there's that top, ha ha.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    In canon i've read the twin ion engine pilots sarcastically remark that their ships are flying coffins and that they're not really meant to survive I also believe think, or at least remember that interceptor pilots are TIE pilots that have survived 20 missions. TIE pilots have a very low survival rates despite their superior training and combat simulations , The main reason is it the tie fighter is unarmoured has no shields and IS designed to be deployed in numberless hordes

See, that's exactly the problem. They were designed for overwhelming odds and complete decimation of the lesser Rebel fleets. Which is exactly how Battlefront does not play. This reboot focuses on even teams and drastically different ships, even on both sides. Unless they fix the ships themselves, or give the Emiper more than the Rebels have and have the Rebel ships worth more, there's really no point to play as the Empire and actually believe either side has a 50/50 chance of winning.
    Reasons, kids, we need your reasons why. Examples. Statistics. Not just the simple generic "No they're balanced only because me, myself, and I do well". Seriously, come on........

The TIE Fighter's ion torpedo decimates rebel shields and hulls. The TIE Interceptor's laset barrage annihilates enemy hulls, potentially before they can turn on their shield. The Speed Boost not only aids in escaping an enemy, but it also maxes out the blaster power.

I'm sorry, what? You think the Speed Boost maxes out weapon power?? Last I checked, Star Trek Battlefront's weapon speed trade-off is pretty obvious on how it works. Here's an idea, actually. The Empire should have a higher base speed than the Rebel ships, since they were designed for speed in the first place, and their weapons be less affected by the speed bonus. That way, speed boost can actually get us away from incoming fire, or even outrun torpedoes.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    In canon i've read the twin ion engine pilots sarcastically remark that their ships are flying coffins and that they're not really meant to survive I also believe think, or at least remember that interceptor pilots are TIE pilots that have survived 20 missions. TIE pilots have a very low survival rates despite their superior training and combat simulations , The main reason is it the tie fighter is unarmoured has no shields and IS designed to be deployed in numberless hordes

See, that's exactly the problem. They were designed for overwhelming odds and complete decimation of the lesser Rebel fleets. Which is exactly how Battlefront does not play. This reboot focuses on even teams and drastically different ships, even on both sides. Unless they fix the ships themselves, or give the Emiper more than the Rebels have and have the Rebel ships worth more, there's really no point to play as the Empire and actually believe either side has a 50/50 chance of winning.
    Reasons, kids, we need your reasons why. Examples. Statistics. Not just the simple generic "No they're balanced only because me, myself, and I do well". Seriously, come on........

I'm sorry, what? You think the Speed Boost maxes out weapon power?? Last I checked, Star Trek Battlefront's weapon speed trade-off is pretty obvious on how it works.

The speed boost ignores the standard rule of faster speed = less blaster damage (which is a stüpid rule in the first place since it encourages people to fly their Interceptors, which are renowned for their speed, like slow åss bombers).
  • I always end up with severely less damage using the speed boost, which is why I only use it if I got cooldowns reduced. And like I said, the whole blaster speed trade-off just makes Fighter Squadron into Star Trek Battlefront. "Spock, raise shields and lower weapon capacity! Our mission is survival, enemy casualties don't matter" I can guarantee it's only because of the homing lasers lock-on absurdity.