criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Luke's X-wing needs to be destroyable

As it is now, Luke's X-wing has too many abilities that allow him to stay alive and almost constantly 100% health a vast majority of the match/round, depending on the mode. Possible appearances aside, his shield is among the fastest recharging abilities the hero ships have, and R2 heals him for almost half his health, negating any damage done in the few second spans of his shield recharging. Not to mention his shield might as well be invulnerable considering the only way to disable it is a easily-avoided ion torpedo. Why not make R2 disabled whenever Luke gets below 50 or 75% health so he is forced to go find pick-ups to restore his self-healing ability? Vader can't self-heal, and health pick-ups do ****-all for heroes, putting him at an extreme disadvantage from the start, not even mentioning his shield takes longer to come back that Luke's.

Replies

• Use TIE Fighter, not only he damages him but disables his shield, with Ion Torpedo that is. I really don't like when 90% of the team is interceptors -_-
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• I just got wrecked as Luke skywalker.
    May the force be with you.
  • Jaywal wrote: »
    I just got wrecked as Luke skywalker.

Did you get the refresh token?
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Paul131 wrote: »
    Use TIE Fighter, not only he damages him but disables his shield, with Ion Torpedo that is. I really don't like when 90% of the team is interceptors -_-

Refer to previous statement of "easily avoided torpedoes"
  • bfloo
    14032 posts Member
    He can be taken down, but I find it easier to try and make him crash.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    He can be taken down, but I find it easier to try and make him crash.

Not when the player using Luke already picked up the card cooldown refresher token and has quick reaction time.

When I use Red Five, I am for sure 100% Unstoppable!
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Paul131 wrote: »
    Use TIE Fighter, not only he damages him but disables his shield, with Ion Torpedo that is. I really don't like when 90% of the team is interceptors -_-

Refer to previous statement of "easily avoided torpedoes"

Easily if you dodge it the first time. If 90% of people didn't use interceptors, maybe he wouldn't be able to dodge, because his dodging would be still in cooldown
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• No he deserves the healing capabilities he has. He has incredibly low health, which means you have to kill him in one dogfight or he'll regenerate himself, which I think is a good mechanic
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • Artoo needs to be disabled elow a certain health period, like how in the movies when he was flying the trench run, so then he *has* to be careful and *has* to find health like we do.
  • He only has double the health of a normal X-Wing. Use ion torpedos.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    They need to exclude refresh tokens for Hero ships. Problem solved. When Vader or Luke get the refresh token you can spam everything back to back.
  • Timing will take them out ...plus two or more Ties together he's toast...okay as is IMO Darth ship needs more.
  • Everyone's going on about "Just need more TIE fighters" "Just get more torpedos shooting at him" What are the odds people are actually going to be smart enough to use something other than the Interceptor, and on top of that, actively go for the hero instead of only random enemies while completely ignoring the objective?
  • It's fine. If only 2 equally good fliers gang up on him, he can be defeated.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)