criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Figured out why Battlefront is not for Wii U

MBSONIC
393 posts Member
edited December 2016
The reason why they COULD NOT put Battlefront on Wii U is cause the frostbite engine is only for PS4, XONE, PC.
“Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker

Replies

• Yeah.... The wii u cant handle that.
  • Also in breaking news: Water wet.
    But seriously, I have a Wii U and love it, but I compare it more to the PS3/360 than I do the PS4 or XBONE, ya know?
    Batman Arkham City on Wii U is super fun.
    So is Super Smash Bros!
    "Rise."
  • If the Wii U had sold like gangbusters you can bet your ***** this game in some form would have been on it. it probably would have had reduced resolution, but look at COD on WiiU and tell me it wasn't possible at some level.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    With the tiny player base and watered down graphics it would have, even if it was possible to port it over it wouldn't be worth it.
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    Also in breaking news: Water wet.
    But seriously, I have a Wii U and love it, but I compare it more to the PS3/360 than I do the PS4 or XBONE, ya know?
    So is Super Smash Bros!

Ok seriously wth are u trying to say in that beginning?
  • Why would anyone even consider playing on the Wii U anyway?
    TFA-10.7.gif
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    Because people are desperate for a game console that does not cost much
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    One that they could find easily for $60 to $100 for on eBay.
  • One day, hopefully nintendo realizes graphics are everything...
    They try to innovate too much.
    The Wii U was great...
    But not a competitor to PS4,XBone,PC
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g
  • BrandonNighthawk
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    So is Super Smash Bros!

I have a Wii U as well as a PS4 and Xbox 360. While I do find Wii U similar like Xbox 360, I consider the Wii U a system on its own cuz its so different from the rest IMO.

I was kinda bummed about SWBF not on the Wii U back then but SW Pinball is My SW entertainment for that system so at least there is that!

By the way, I still find it awesome that you can play Mario and Sonic together on the same console!!
    "Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    So is Super Smash Bros!

I have a Wii U as well as a PS4 and Xbox 360. While I do find Wii U similar like Xbox 360, I consider the Wii U a system on its own cuz its so different from the rest IMO.

I was kinda bummed about SWBF not on the Wii U back then but SW Pinball is My SW entertainment for that system so at least there is that!

By the way, I still find it awesome that you can play Mario and Sonic together on the same console!!

Nintendo DS, GameCube, Regular Wii, GBA Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, all systems where you can play Sonic games and your cliche Super Mario games. The fact the fact that the Wii U has sonic games and Mario games is not that much of a shocker. It's also not a big thing anymore, or a reason to buy the Wii U, especially now.
  • One day, hopefully nintendo realizes graphics are everything...
    The Wii U was great...

Yeah, I'd much rather have great graphics than a great game! Oh wait....
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    One day, hopefully nintendo realizes graphics are everything...
    The Wii U was great...

Isn't gameplay over graphics the reasons why the original battlefront did so good?
  • MBSONIC wrote: »
    The Wii U was great...

Isn't gameplay over graphics the reasons why the original battlefront did so good?

Well not really, actually. I loved the old Battlefronts and they were great games for their time and are still fun to this day, but they have clearly aged in both gameplay and graphics. They did well because for their time they were among the best Star Wars games yet released.

I was being sarcastic in my post, but my point was a great game is a great game. The new Zelda is getting rave reviews. I don't have a Switch (but hope to get one in a year or so), but I do have a PS4 and got Horizon Zero Dawn. HZD was a great game and it looked incredible. However, @deltagodzilla seemed to imply because a game like HZD looks better than Zelda it is better (obviously not his actual words, just his implication). This mentality is bogus to me.

I have a PS3 and PS4, but still have my N64 and GBA because of great games. There are games on my PS3 I like better than on my PS4 that clearly don't look as nice. Great games are what make me a gamer. Great graphics are nice and the two concepts can collide, but graphics don't make me buy a game. The game makes me buy a game.
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    MBSONIC wrote: »
    The Wii U was great...

Well not really, actually. I loved the old Battlefronts and they were great games for their time and are still fun to this day, but they have clearly aged in both gameplay and graphics. They did well because for their time they were among the best Star Wars games yet released.

I was being sarcastic in my post, but my point was a great game is a great game. The new Zelda is getting rave reviews. I don't have a Switch (but hope to get one in a year or so), but I do have a PS4 and got Horizon Zero Dawn. HZD was a great game and it looked incredible. However, @deltagodzilla seemed to imply because a game like HZD looks better than Zelda it is better (obviously not his actual words, just his implication). This mentality is bogus to me.

I have a PS3 and PS4, but still have my N64 and GBA because of great games. There are games on my PS3 I like better than on my PS4 that clearly don't look as nice. Great games are what make me a gamer. Great graphics are nice and the two concepts can collide, but graphics don't make me buy a game. The game makes me buy a game.

Yeah that's what I'm saying I personally I don't find the graphics all the impressive(unless you count mods). I'm just saying I feel like they prioritized gameplay more than graphics which is a idea I support.
    But seriously,

It was a bad joke. I was quoting Lawrence Fishbourne (Perry White) in Batman v Superman, when Clark Kent talks about Batman to him, Perry says, "Crimewave in Gotham. In other breaking news, water wet." I was only trying to be snarky in saying that no way does anyone compare the Wii U (as much as I love it) to the PS4 or XBONE in graphics or processing power. I didn't mean to offend.
    "Rise."
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    MBSONIC wrote: »
    But seriously,

It was a bad joke. I was quoting Lawrence Fishbourne (Perry White) in Batman v Superman, when Clark Kent talks about Batman to him, Perry says, "Crimewave in Gotham. In other breaking news, water wet." I was only trying to be snarky in saying that no way does anyone compare the Wii U (as much as I love it) to the PS4 or XBONE in graphics or processing power. I didn't mean to offend.

Hey it's ok, I was just wondering why that reference was made. I have seen the movie before so I know about the scene. I probably would have made a even worse joke having to do with a marvel film. Probably from the MCU.
    So is Super Smash Bros!

Nintendo DS, GameCube, Regular Wii, GBA Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, all systems where you can play Sonic games and your cliche Super Mario games. The fact the fact that the Wii U has sonic games and Mario games is not that much of a shocker. It's also not a big thing anymore, or a reason to buy the Wii U, especially now.

I know to others it is but I played from the 80s thru the 90s playing Mario and Sonic games on the NES, SNES, & Genesis. I was on a long hiatus from gaming and didn't get back into it till about 2014 when I got Xbox 360 and then Wii U, and then eventually PS4 so this is why I find it amazing.
    "Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
  • Oh.... that explains it all. I was getting ready to upload my rage thread about having Battlefront for Wii U

Huh... This was unexpected. I forgot about this thread.
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g
  • Oh.... that explains it all. I was getting ready to upload my rage thread about having Battlefront for Wii U

Huh... This was unexpected. I forgot about this thread.

Me too....god I wish this was still the worst thing about this series now.