criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Chewy is great now

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited December 2016
Despite Dice not patching Lando, they really fixed Chewy and made him a powerful and useful hero. Gotta give due credit.

Replies

• Lmao.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    He is a rancor now, especially in cqc places.
  • I know. He's OP now cuz of scrubs crying as soon as he came out.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    I know. He's OP now cuz of scrubs crying as soon as he came out.

Because he wasn't good when he came out...
  • How can you fully know a brand new hero in only a few weeks to make that judgement?
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    How can you fully know a brand new hero in only a few weeks to make that judgement?

He's only been buffed for a short period already. By that logic.....how can YOU know he's now OP already?

By your logic again....shouldn't you not complain about a hero being OP and just......git gud?
  • moondynemc
    1979 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    How can you fully know a brand new hero in only a few weeks to make that judgement?

He's only been buffed for a short period already. By that logic.....how can YOU know he's now OP already?

By your logic again....shouldn't you not complain about a hero being OP and just......git gud?

While I agree with your logic, technically, I do believe he was just fine prior to the buff. He could get melted if you ran in to combat before activating your abilities, but if you did those first and then ran in you could 1 on 1 anyone with ease. The only one that really caused him any trouble was a bouncy Palps. Now Post-Buff Chewie can pretty much 3 hit certain villains, it's a bit over the top.
  • I'm not a scrub. Chewie is currently my favorite hero. However, yesterday in Supremacy on Beta, in a single match I 1v1 Vader 2 times, killed another 20 or so imps and finished the round with over 60 health. On Sorosuub I killed Krennic, Bossk, Vader, and 32 imps before I got over aggressive and got caught at a tunnel exit by a very angry AT-ST. My partner was also following me around giving me the blue juice which is really helpful with Chewie. Again, I'm a good player and have a ton of fun playing as Chewie, but honestly the devs may need to take a look at him.
  • Chewie is perfect now. People need to quit calling for nerfs.
  • Haven't really seen him thrive in action yet, but it seems he almost functions as everyone expected him to at launch. A saviour to Heroes in HvV

The animations fixes and slight ability fixes were well deserved, although I found the health bump and splash damage tweak a bit unwarranted.

Just get Boba/Bossk/Krennic to rip him away from afar. Chewie is a CQC powerhouse so Palp/Darth/Dengar aren't fit to win on their own and stand for more
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Chewy wasn't perfect before the patch. He was a slow walking target and inaccurate at medium to long ranges. Now he has buffed skills and his shots seem to be way more accurate which is really good. He can still be an easy target if enemies keep hitting him from afar and if he gets caught in the open.
  • He's perfect against infantry I think but he definitely needs a need against Heros
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Villains were always considered better than heroes for their cqc skills and approach. Now Chewy counters and balances them out. Hes a tank and a great damage dealer but at a price of movement speed. All is as it should be.
  • bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    Villains were always considered better than heroes for their cqc skills and approach. Now Chewy counters and balances them out. Hes a tank and a great damage dealer but at a price of movement speed. All is as it should be.

+1

Stop going toe to toe with him.
    Unless I'm the Chewie player. I still can't use him
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

+1

So Vader should now have to run away in fear when seeing chewie? And dengar? Something doesn't seem right here...
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

+1

So Vader should now have to run away in fear when seeing chewie? And dengar? Something doesn't seem right here...

Was in HvV today using Vader and did a 1v1 with Chewie and I blocked, use my abilities and still wasn't a contest. And I know how to play with heroes.
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • Firewall17 wrote: »
    Jrob122 wrote: »

+1

Was in HvV today using Vader and did a 1v1 with Chewie and I blocked, use my abilities and still wasn't a contest. And I know how to play with heroes.

You know, it's good that Chewie can rekt infantry, but going against a character built around being a king in CQC and wining with ease means something is wrong.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Give vader a blaster then, a blaster/bowcaster should NEVER beat a lightsaber in cqc one on one combat, NEVER
  • The splash damage he does is OP. You don't even have to aim or be accurate, just aim at the ground or general direction, if it hits within 10m it still does damage to Heroes or gives you an infantry kill.
  • The splash damage he does is OP. You don't even have to aim or be accurate, just aim at the ground or general direction, if it hits within 10m it still does damage to Heroes or gives you an infantry kill.

Ikr, its ridiculous, i find hard to believe that some people believe its okay
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

+1

Palpatine can't do too much at long range either.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

+1

All of the good cqc villains are useless right now thanks to Chewie, i hope a fix comes in the next patch, hero blast will be unbalanced if is not fixed.
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    If only people knew boba is the perfect counter to chewie .

No , they don't try to counter it , they just cry it for nerfs ... smh

Also he isn't THAT powerfull as people are saying

Ikr, i use boba a lot against him, finally boba is worth picking in HvV, but you have to try really hard to take him down, chewie groundslam take you down if you are flying near him(wich is absurd) and if you run out of jetpack bye bye boba

+1

Yeah but he's more of a support hero. I was mainly trying to focus on how the imperial tanks stand no chance against chewie. But yeah palpy is useless against him also
  • Krennic is great against Chewy. His armor piercing shots take a big chunk of his health and stun him.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't understand what the problem is anyways. If you dont want to confront Chewy, work around him and isolate him while striking like Luke against Vader. Luke can survive with hit and run tactics and same applies here. Greedo, Krennic, Bossk and Boba shred Chewy from a distance.
  • I don't understand what the problem is anyways. If you dont want to confront Chewy, work around him and isolate him while striking like Luke against Vader. Luke can survive with hit and run tactics and same applies here. Greedo, Krennic, Bossk and Boba shred Chewy from a distance.

The thing is now vader can never be picked if someone picks chewie, hes to slow to get away from him and not powerful enough to face him, at least i never pick him if someone picks chewie and that shouldn't be the case, maybe if force choke had more range maybe he can be picked again
  • Vader can hang back and wait until Chewy is exposed and pick off other heroes in the process. With Krennic stunning chewy and vader blocking his shots Chewy is pretty dead in no time.
  • Vader can hang back and wait until Chewy is exposed and pick off other heroes in the process. With Krennic stunning chewy and vader blocking his shots Chewy is pretty dead in no time.

Good point, but that depends on having good teammates
  • Yate123 wrote: »
    Vader can hang back and wait until Chewy is exposed and pick off other heroes in the process. With Krennic stunning chewy and vader blocking his shots Chewy is pretty dead in no time.

But it's Vader, that's not balanced at all. He has limited range with only his special attacks, and his Saber only does 130dmg per swing, which is limited to only 2 meters at max in front of him. Chewie, whose primary is a Bowcaster that can kill Boba within less than 8 shots with no trait level increase, which has crazy splash damage on top of that, an trait that increases the bolts fired, an ability that DOUBLES the amount of bolts fired, and an ability that increases his damage and defense by 50 PERCENT! And you call that balanced? I agree that Chewie should be a fearsome Hero who can control zones with area-denial attacks, but being able to absolutely REKT Dengar at his own game seems lopsided. Hell, being able to tank and destroy 3 opposing villains is OP. You can keep the amount of health he has, but nerf his Bowcaster. The splash damage needs to be tweaked in both range and damage output, but should still function like a shotgun. Maybe add a mini-charge up (slightly longer than Nunb's Pulse Cannon) to fire an explosive round, since in the movies, Chewie doesn't fire off these rounds this quickly. In addition, Vader and Palpatine should be able to block the ES effect of the bolts. At the very least, lessen the damage done by the ES while blocking.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
    Vader can hang back and wait until Chewy is exposed and pick off other heroes in the process. With Krennic stunning chewy and vader blocking his shots Chewy is pretty dead in no time.

But it's Vader, that's not balanced at all. He has limited range with only his special attacks, and his Saber only does 130dmg per swing, which is limited to only 2 meters at max in front of him. Chewie, whose primary is a Bowcaster that can kill Boba within less than 8 shots with no trait level increase, which has crazy splash damage on top of that, an trait that increases the bolts fired, an ability that DOUBLES the amount of bolts fired, and an ability that increases his damage and defense by 50 PERCENT! And you call that balanced? I agree that Chewie should be a fearsome Hero who can control zones with area-denial attacks, but being able to absolutely REKT Dengar at his own game seems lopsided. ****, being able to tank and destroy 3 opposing villains is OP. You can keep the amount of health he has, but nerf his Bowcaster. The splash damage needs to be tweaked in both range and damage output, but should still function like a shotgun. Maybe add a mini-charge up (slightly longer than Nunb's Pulse Cannon) to fire an explosive round, since in the movies, Chewie doesn't fire off these rounds this quickly. In addition, Vader and Palpatine should be able to block the ES effect of the bolts. At the very least, lessen the damage done by the ES while blocking.

I agree, i cannot wait for a chewie nerf anytime soon, its ruining HvV for the vader/palpatines/dengar lovers, theres no point picking any CQC villain if someone picks chewie
    Yate123 wrote: »

But it's Vader, that's not balanced at all. He has limited range with only his special attacks, and his Saber only does 130dmg per swing, which is limited to only 2 meters at max in front of him. Chewie, whose primary is a Bowcaster that can kill Boba within less than 8 shots with no trait level increase, which has crazy splash damage on top of that, an trait that increases the bolts fired, an ability that DOUBLES the amount of bolts fired, and an ability that increases his damage and defense by 50 PERCENT! And you call that balanced? I agree that Chewie should be a fearsome Hero who can control zones with area-denial attacks, but being able to absolutely REKT Dengar at his own game seems lopsided. ****, being able to tank and destroy 3 opposing villains is OP. You can keep the amount of health he has, but nerf his Bowcaster. The splash damage needs to be tweaked in both range and damage output, but should still function like a shotgun. Maybe add a mini-charge up (slightly longer than Nunb's Pulse Cannon) to fire an explosive round, since in the movies, Chewie doesn't fire off these rounds this quickly. In addition, Vader and Palpatine should be able to block the ES effect of the bolts. At the very least, lessen the damage done by the ES while blocking.

I agree, i cannot wait for a chewie nerf anytime soon, its ruining HvV for the vader/palpatines/dengar lovers, theres no point picking any CQC villain if someone picks chewie

Yeah, but he still should be an area-denial tank that should make even Vader play smarter while facing.

Yeah, but he still should be an area-denial tank that should make even Vader play smarter while facing.

Exactly

Exactly

Internet high 5.

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Vader shouldn't be able to just go up against anyone and win every time. Chewy is the counter balance to Vaders abilities and strength. All Vader has to do is keep his distance, block and saber throw while letting other villains wear Chewy down with suppressive fire. Bossk and his grenades especially will help put Chewy on the rug wall.
  • Vader shouldn't be able to just go up against anyone and win every time. Chewy is the counter balance to Vaders abilities and strength. All Vader has to do is keep his distance, block and saber throw while letting other villains wear Chewy down with suppressive fire. Bossk and his grenades especially will help put Chewy on the rug wall.

That's a bit too much strategy for a bunch of casual randoms. Only way you get situations like that is if you play in a party. No one should have to be in a party in order to compete.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • True but sooner or later casuals will learn to attack from a distance and Chewy will not be crushing them all with one swift stroke. It'll encourage more team play.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    All Chewy needs nerfing is his splash damage and that's about it.
  • Yate123
    420 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Vader shouldn't be able to just go up against anyone and win every time. Chewy is the counter balance to Vaders abilities and strength. All Vader has to do is keep his distance, block and saber throw while letting other villains wear Chewy down with suppressive fire. Bossk and his grenades especially will help put Chewy on the rug wall.

I know, but someone whos main weapon is a MELEE weapon, shouldn't loose a 1 on 1 combat on cqc, thats my point, if chewie gets melee distance of vader, vader should win always, give vader a blaster then cause hes limited, hes to slow to mantain distance of chewie and his saber trow isnt long range (the only safe distance from chewy in the moment) or maybe more range to force choke will help
  • All Chewy needs nerfing is his splash damage and that's about it.

A good nerf to splash damage
  • MooTheJediCow
    725 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    if you play the game right most heroes can get washed in a matter of seconds. that goes for lando too. you just got to stick together

greedo can see where the heroes are. its best to follow his lead. if theres a lando wait behind things. hes bound to get bored and come to you. same for chewie. if not oh well round ends in a draw or better yet luke or han will come alone like a dummy and get killed
  • Vader shouldn't be able to just go up against anyone and win every time. Chewy is the counter balance to Vaders abilities and strength. All Vader has to do is keep his distance, block and saber throw while letting other villains wear Chewy down with suppressive fire. Bossk and his grenades especially will help put Chewy on the rug wall.

Vader's block is not effective against Chewbacca. The ES goes right through it and deals alot of constant damage. Vader should be outclassed by Chewie at long to mid, but up close, Vader should be able to dominate. He's a MELEE VILLAIN! Chewie is great at mid and ok at long, but Godlike at CQC or close mid.