criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is the Objective impossible to play?

The objective was always fairly difficult to play in this game, but with the bo-rifle... boy oh boy. It seems nearly impossible. I was playing a game of extraction earlier and we couldn't touch the cart. We tried our personal shields, we would get poked with the bo-rifle. In walker assault it feels the same way. The only time that my team would get stuff done in the extraction game was when I became chewbacca. However, shortly after constantly standing by the objective their team surrounded me and bo-rifled me to death! It does way too much damage to heroes in my opinion. I don't know if it's just because everyone is using right now, but objective based game modes that require to activate something are no fun.

Replies

• Just give it time. Everyone is using it right now because it's shiny and new. It's a gimmicky distraction.
    Once the K/D crowd realizes that it's not better with the DH-17, they'll drop it. Once the objective crowd realizes it's not better than any other blaster, they'll drop it too. Soon enough, the only people using it will be the ones who are forcing themselves to use it, trying to convince themselves that it's an okay gun.
    Play the kriffing objective, or get the kriff out.
  • bfloo
    14496 posts Member
    It's a new toy, give it a few days.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• x3m0b01x wrote: »
    Just give it time. Everyone is using it right now because it's shiny and new. It's a gimmicky distraction.
    Once the K/D crowd realizes that it's not better with the DH-17, they'll drop it. Once the objective crowd realizes it's not better than any other blaster, they'll drop it too. Soon enough, the only people using it will be the ones who are forcing themselves to use it, trying to convince themselves that it's an okay gun.

Agree...Tried it for a while and its okay but is really not better or worse than any other gun.
    Just give it time. Everyone is using it right now because it's shiny and new. It's a gimmicky distraction.

This. I would also add that it's still possible to push or defend objectives normally. The only thing the bo rifle really prevents is shield rushing, which is sort of an unreliable strategy for walker assault and extraction anyways.
  • Febelas wrote: »
    x3m0b01x wrote: »

This. I would also add that it's still possible to push or defend objectives normally. The only thing the bo rifle really prevents is shield rushing, which is sort of an unreliable strategy for walker assault and extraction anyways.

It wasn't an ''unreliable'' strategy, it was a decent strategy to get objectives going assuming you don't have the time or effort to take down all the attacking enemies. Now that tactic is countered by the new Bo-Rifle, which surely demotes objective play for objective players who like to use personal shield, now that the enemies don't need skill with the cycler of course.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • bfloo
    14496 posts Member
    There are so many counters to the shield already they were an iffy strategy at best.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

This is what usually happens. TL-50 is almost dead as well.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • If it wasn't the BO Rifle it'd be a scatter gun. I haven't seen any difficulties with PTO since it's been released. Pop a Dioxis Grenade around the shipment and let your teammates activate the shipment.