criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What are the odds with BF2...

DarthJ
5234 posts Member
edited December 2016
...that they release it with original heroes from this game plus sequel trilogy new heroes, and put the DLC heroes from this game as DLC heroes behind a season pass/paywall in the next game?

Wouldn't surprise me.
41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• Anoh
    8378 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    They are high, very high
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • After this game, it would be a nice gesture from EA to improve/fix/finish the content from this game and include it additionally for free in the next game.
    People payed twice for this game and got a disappointing experience. Time for EA to treat the customers well again.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• PurpleFloyd
    291 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The majority of mistakes made on this game will be repeated. EA/Dice didn't learn their lessons this year as the DLC releases progressed; in fact, Scarif was probably the worst one of the lot.

BF2 will come out full price, but still light on content (albeit with slightly more single player content, that's the one moan they might have listened to) ... and there will be another DLC Season Pass to purchase which will add the content that should've been in the original game anyway.

I'll be boycotting BF2 for these reasons. I hope others do to, but they won't and it'll sell truckloads of copies again. C'est la vie!
  • There is a 97.6% chance of failure.
  • danilojbg wrote: »
    There is a 97.6% chance of failure.

Yep. The fact that DICE/EA seem to have learned nothing from the many correctable mistakes they have made with BF1 gives me little hope. Maybe a new developer will help, but EA will still be holding the leash. I especially liked how the devs logged on the forum the day Scarif launched, promised to be more communicative, and then disappeared when the PS4 install debacle unfolded. When are they going to have that fixed, when is the patch coming for Lando and other issues testers should have easily found before release, what is the future of BF1? All good questions which no one at DICE/EA has the courage to address.
  • I wouldn't be surprised, although with some developer's recent comments on using things from other Star Wars media, like the comics, I'm willing to bet that they're going to stretch the OT and ST content as much as they can with "iconic" characters like Doctor Aphra and Agent Terex and whatever planets those expansive comics have introduced. Avoiding the PT all the while.
  • Do you know the odds of them using the DLC against us?
    It's high. It's very high.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet that they're going to stretch the OT and ST content as much as they can with "iconic" characters like Doctor Aphra and Agent Terex

My thoughts here.

It's going to be the same problems all over again with the next game.

Not enough content therefore they'll be stretching out the last remains of the OT they have left. I see only dissapointment.
  • I'm not buying it if they don't restore the missing content from the original.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    ...that they release it with original heroes from this game plus sequel trilogy new heroes, and put the DLC heroes from this game as DLC heroes behind a season pass/paywall in the next game?

Wouldn't surprise me.

just the sound of that makes me moist
    "Fly casual.."