criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Spread the Bo-Rifle Love

With the Bo-Rifle finally being released via viral pickup, be the good guys and use the Bo-Rifle as often as you can to let others enjoy the awesomeness. Even if it's just for a few minutes each game, it'll allow people to pick it up and use it themselves, just to spread it to everyone else in the game.

Replies

• i2CRE8TOR
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    My son / BFront partner (i1CRE8TOR) and I have been doing that very thing too...
  • But don't I have to get defeated to pass it on? That would mess up my sacred k/d :D
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Prep768 wrote: »
    But don't I have to get defeated to pass it on? That would mess up my sacred k/d :D
    Come one, come all... for my Bo-Rifle... I am easily defeated... :D
    (I have been known to add to Prep's k/d often too :D ... he actually is not really concerned with his k/d BTW)
  • At first I thought it would be a real chore using this thing, but man do those headshots pack a punch.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Yes. Use your bo rifles so you're easier to kill with my E11 :tongue:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    i2CRE8TOR wrote: »
    ... he actually is not really concerned with his k/d BTW

Cheeky bugger :D
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • BrandonNighthawk
    334 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I've been doing it but most of people lately that I been against already has it or hasn't been going twoard me picking up the yellow icon. I was thinking about starting a topic about Me giving the Bo-Rifle away but I thought I would get heat about it. I know how upset I was that morning when Viking and that other dev was on and I couldn't get it so I was so happy when I got that following night and I didn't want others to be in the boat as I was!

I'll tell you what, if you ever see Me during a game during the nite or morning on PS4 (My name is the same as here) and you are My opponent and see Me and I don't got the gun out, don't shoot at Me at first, do an "over here" or something emote to Me and let Me see you then shoot Me, then I'll spawn with the gun and you find Me and if you haven't found the gun before you find Me again then you can get it from Me:)
    Post edited by BrandonNighthawk on
    "Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
  • I'm on the Australian servers, come find me, I use it all the time.
  • At first I thought it would be a real chore using this thing, but man do those headshots pack a punch.

Right? Everyone's saying it's godawful, but I must have been on a headshot streak when I got it as I was mowing people down.
  • The Bo-Rifle is great. Not only does it sounds badasz, but it does do decent damage. I agree, I don't know what people are talking about when they say it's horrible. Maybe at extreme distance, yeah, but medium range it's fantastic. The Sharpshooter and Berserker traits seem to buff it more than they do other weapons. Is that just me, or do other people feel that way too?
  • I dont mind the weapon but i do find the melee rather annoying. Its not OP just annoying to have people sneaking behind enemy lines for melee kills instead of playing the objective like a good soldier.
  • I got it pretty early on today. It is a fairly decent blaster, and the melee staff function is very useful!
  • It's not even good so it doesn't matter lol
  • moondynemc wrote: »
    At first I thought it would be a real chore using this thing, but man do those headshots pack a punch.

Right? Everyone's saying it's godawful, but I must have been on a headshot streak when I got it as I was mowing people down.

Same! Seriously, this thing drops bodies. I have yet to try it with Berzerker or Sharpshooter.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • The Bo-Rifle is great. Not only does it sounds badasz, but it does do decent damage. I agree, I don't know what people are talking about when they say it's horrible. Maybe at extreme distance, yeah, but medium range it's fantastic. The Sharpshooter and Berserker traits seem to buff it more than they do other weapons. Is that just me, or do other people feel that way too?

It's stats are basically a weaker Relby so it's perfectly good IF used to its strength. I think a lot of people expected an e11 with ohk melee not a targeting rifle with ohk melee to get you out of a jam.

That said I think the Relby is the better gun as an actual targeting rifle due to its slightly better spread and recoil.
  • when did they release this? thought i was tripping when i killed someone and a gold coin was there lol
  • It's certainly inferior to many other vanilla weapons. The game claims it does damage equal to the E-11, which is either a bald faced lie... or the lag was MUCH worse on some games than I thought today.

Not to mention... if you use the Personal Shield while holding it, YOU CANNOT MELEE! :#
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • If anyone still needs it I will be on XBOX sometime today.
    GT- namthekid02
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • The game claims it does damage equal to the E-11 :#

The damage is the same, just the fire rate is slower, making it drastically different, but still effective when used in the right ways
  • MacHuffy
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Nobody seems to be using it, played quite a few games of Blast and no sign if the Bo-Rifle
  • If anyone still needs it I will be on XBOX sometime today.
    GT- namthekid02

I'll try and find you same tag as here if you wanna add me.
  • I find it's fire rate to be very lacking. For me it's not throwing enough bolts down-range as fast as some of the other blasters so it's not getting the job done for me.
    Not to mention... if you use the Personal Shield while holding it, YOU CANNOT MELEE! :#

That's a good thing. Prevents EA shield charges.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Seems as if everyone want to keep it to themselves, came up against one player using it so far, Spread the love people!
  • Didn't play Battlefront yesterday, couldn't bring myself to go through more frustration especially on a day like Christmas.

I'll be back today though. So anyone on PS4 who needs the BO-Rifle, I've got you covered.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • It's honestly kinda fun to kill someone who tries to melee you with Bo. I don't know how but this guy missed me, so I turned around and shot at him and he died. He knows kinda deserved the "no you didn't". So then a few seconds later he jetpacks at me and I still get him
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • MacHuffy
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I finally got it...Some guy tried to melee me about 5 times from 10 feet away...Boom
  • 2000sGuy
    5823 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Why I Love Bo-Rifle users
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/The2000sGuy/video/25052641
    At 0:19
    So bent on charging up to you :D
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I still need me a Bo-Rifle. January 6th. I'm coming for you...
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Scrub_Shotgunner
    185 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    With the Bo-Rifle finally being released via viral pickup, be the good guys and use the Bo-Rifle as often as you can to let others enjoy the awesomeness. Even if it's just for a few minutes each game, it'll allow people to pick it up and use it themselves, just to spread it to everyone else in the game.

I don't think that's how the rifle works. I killed some players that were using it in HvV, but I never saw it in the loadout screen afterwards.

Anyways, how did the whole 'viral pickup' theory come to be?
  • With the Bo-Rifle finally being released via viral pickup, be the good guys and use the Bo-Rifle as often as you can to let others enjoy the awesomeness. Even if it's just for a few minutes each game, it'll allow people to pick it up and use it themselves, just to spread it to everyone else in the game.

I don't think that's how the rifle works. I killed some players that were using it in HvV, but I never saw it in the loadout screen afterwards.

Anyways, how did the whole 'viral pickup' theory come to be?

It came from the dataminer uninspired_zebra.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • i have no idea how i unlocked it but i been using it in case im dropping little golden tokens of joy for those who havent got it to collect. and because if i can melee someone with it they now die instead of turn around and melee me to death in one hit... so its an even fight now.
    invalid brain token
  • Trooper, there's a little gold power-up token on their bodies after you kill them. Pick it up, and you'll have it in the weapon select screen from then on. And it only shows for whoever killed the person using it, so you don't need to worry about players stealing it out from under you like power-ups.
  • I'm still using it on Xbox but I'm definitely seeing it less than before.

Hopefully the people who kill me are getting their just rewards.
  • Febelas wrote: »
    I'm still using it on Xbox but I'm definitely seeing it less than before.

I almost don't see people using it. And those who do, still think they can melee form inside the shield. Funny stuff.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Balmain24 wrote: »
    Febelas wrote: »

I almost don't see people using it. And those who do, still think they can melee form inside the shield. Funny stuff.

Even funnier, people will just run right at you thinking they'll melee you, only for me to headshot them
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Balmain24 wrote: »

Even funnier, people will just run right at you thinking they'll melee you, only for me to headshot them

Yeah that too. Except many times they get away with it thanks to the messed-up melee system (you kill them / they melee you). Sometimes it feels a little like Commando Perk from MW2.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Balmain24 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Yeah that too. Except many times they get away with it thanks to the messed-up melee system (you kill them / they melee you). Sometimes it feels a little like Commando Perk from MW2.

Yea, melee is messed up. I wish I recorded it, but this guy meleed me in the back but miss, I turn around and kill him. I thought that was "no you didn't" emote worthy. Then less then a minute he jumppacks at me with his shield on, and I just melee him :joy:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo
    13305 posts Member

Yea, melee is messed up. I wish I recorded it, but this guy meleed me in the back but miss, I turn around and kill him. I thought that was "no you didn't" emote worthy. Then less then a minute he jumppacks at me with his shield on, and I just melee him :joy:

Nothing like watching people learn the hard way that you can't use the bo rifle melee while the shield is up.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Nothing like watching people learn the hard way that you can't use the bo rifle melee while the shield is up.

Friendly warning but it pays to be a little wary of those guys. I had someone shield rush me and they deactivated their shield right as we got into melee range and it ended with both of us dying.

Haven't seen it since but I'm way more cautious when it comes to those types.
  • bfloo
    13305 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Friendly warning but it pays to be a little wary of those guys. I had someone shield rush me and they deactivated their shield right as we got into melee range and it ended with both of us dying.

Haven't seen it since but I'm way more cautious when it comes to those types.

Anyone rushing me with a shield gets a scatter gun to the face B)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

I thought I would love it as I land alot of melee shots around the uplinks but I can't get the feel for the blaster. My aim is crap and I just can't seem to land head shots. Back to the ee3 for me. I use the bubble bacta method around the uplinks and I must say it was a good idea not letting bubble users use the bo Melee . It would be to op imo
  • bfloo wrote: »

Well it is a lesson that you onlyhave to learn . . . twice.

FYI, if you have a star card weapon like CR, SG, SP, etc. you can switch to that, then pop shield and still melee. You just can't melee inside the shield with the Boshank in your hands.
  • Well let's be honest. No one uses the shield only to melee people.