criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Disappointed, what kind of a game is this

Prev1
BlazinSVK
21 posts Member
edited December 2016
Hello,
I will start with short prologue, I am a star wars fan and I like this game.
But when I play, all what I see are "fyling monkeys" (idk if it fits best, but I use this term) which totally messes up my game. That's the play style of majority of players. All they do, when it comes to combat: use jet pack, after land spam combat rolling, throw under bacta bomb and repeat. I ask myself what is this ? It's exactly like prone - stand up-prone stand up in other games. But in battlefield series you can't ultra fast abuse prone-stand up, why there are no steps taken yet against this kind of agressive, noobish playing style ? I ask myself is this what having a "skill" means in this game ? Abuse combat roll, when they start to dying the use shield and run away or use jetpack to fly away? For me definetely not. If I play against players who aren't flying monkeys I usually have k/d ratio 2 even if i am just a newbie with rank 20, but when I play against a team full of flying monkeys, my k/d is 0.3-0.5. I refuse to play this kind of style just to be better against these noobs who abuse those things.

Replies

• So players should just stand still and let you kill them and not try to stay alive? Do you do that? Just stand there and let someone kill you if they're outgunning you?
  • 2000sGuy
    5788 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I can agree. With some of this. I would like to see the removal of jumppack. It will stop snipers, keep combat grounded (which is more fun anyways), and atop Star Wars from turning into iron man
    As for PS or Bacta, don't really bother me
    When playing an objective game you either kill or make enemies flee, and with a ps means enemies won't trouble you for a bit
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    bhalienux wrote: »
    So players should just stand still and let you kill them and not try to stay alive? Do you do that? Just stand there and let someone kill you if they're outgunning you?
  • This game is a giant mess. It has no idea what it wants to be. It says it caters towards all players, yet has a kill time equal to some of the most competitive games on the market.

It claims to be an authentic Star Wars experience, but there's tons of instances where things simply do not match and pull you out of the immersion.

It also has modes where teamwork is the key to success, yet they made a game where you can't communicate with others and push for a focus on the individual more than the team.

Ultimately the game was rushed to meet the hype train of The Force Awakens. I'm sure a good chunk of us would have left if this game did not have the words "Star Wars Battlefront" on the cover.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • So...you want everyone to stop using jet packs and other things that ruin YOUR immersive experience? You do realize other people have their own preferences too, right?

You want to run around with no jet pack, cool. Gives you an extra slot for something else to use against people like me...who have a jet pack.
  • BlazinSVK wrote: »
    Hello,
    But when I play, all what I see are "fyling monkeys" (idk if it fits best, but I use this term) which totally messes up my game. That's the play style of majority of players. All they do, when it comes to combat: use jet pack, after land spam combat rolling, throw under bacta bomb and repeat. I ask myself what is this ? It's exactly like prone - stand up-prone stand up in other games. But in battlefield series you can't ultra fast abuse prone-stand up, why there are no steps taken yet against this kind of agressive, noobish playing style ? I ask myself is this what having a "skill" means in this game ? Abuse combat roll, when they start to dying the use shield and run away or use jetpack to fly away? For me definetely not. If I play against players who aren't flying monkeys I usually have k/d ratio 2 even if i am just a newbie with rank 20, but when I play against a team full of flying monkeys, my k/d is 0.3-0.5. I refuse to play this kind of style just to be better against these noobs who abuse those things.

WAAA!WAA!WAAA! Cry me a river. Just learn how to play instead of winning!
  • fmpauley
    473 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    This is the first shooter I've played since the first DOOM on a 486 machine, but so far I can tell you, DO NOT take the jump packs for granted. I thought that liking this game would make me like other games too, but Battlefield 1 is so BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING (oops, sorry I fell asleep while pressing the O just thinking about Battlefield 1)! I worked it out to Battlefield 1 not having jetpacks, combat roll, third person, face to face fighting, and fun . . . fun is missing big time in Battlefield 1.

I don't know if Battlefield 1 is similar to all that CoD stuff, etc. but I can say that flying monkeys keeps it interesting. Who really wants to just play a death simulator? If killing someone and then living to fight another day and meet the objective is not good, at least it is more fun.

I didn't play with a jet pack for the first 400 hours, but then I added it and haven't looked back. A big part of it is speed, and the best part is jump shooting. (Jump shooting > BF1) = fun So relax, and try to have ... fun. And if you want gritty realism, with hard to use weapons, and killing people from behind while other people are killing you from behind, then go try BF1 . . . and you can even have my copy if you really want it.
  • Jet pack is fun. I'm thinking those monkeys would wreck you all the same without flying and rolling. They've spent so much more time with the game than you. Keep playing like you want and maybe someday you'll beat them.
    yt jeanschweppe
    Hello,

Ah my friend, you think the exact same way as I do, I have been with this game since the beginning and yes I know, I believe the jump pack should be removed, and oh boy the Bacta Bomb, the star card that completely unbalanced and ruined this game :/. Jesus it's such a mess, jump packs on 90% of players, ugly blue glow of bacta giving enemy more Health than you, you get them down enough and they use a personal shield jump pack away throw bacta then come back with bacta and bodyguard ready to kill your basic 100 health. It's a shame what the game has become, I just wish Bacta was never implemented into the game :(
  • You're right jump pack 100℅ ruins this game I only play because it is star wars. Sad
  • fmpauley wrote: »
    This is the first shooter I've played since the first DOOM on a 486 machine, but so far I can tell you, DO NOT take the jump packs for granted. I thought that liking this game would make me like other games too, but Battlefield 1 is so BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING (oops, sorry I fell asleep while pressing the O just thinking about Battlefield 1)! I worked it out to Battlefield 1 not having jetpacks, combat roll, third person, face to face fighting, and fun . . . fun is missing big time in Battlefield 1.

I don't know if Battlefield 1 is similar to all that CoD stuff, etc. but I can say that flying monkeys keeps it interesting. Who really wants to just play a death simulator? If killing someone and then living to fight another day and meet the objective is not good, at least it is more fun.

I didn't play with a jet pack for the first 400 hours, but then I added it and haven't looked back. A big part of it is speed, and the best part is jump shooting. (Jump shooting > BF1) = fun So relax, and try to have ... fun. And if you want gritty realism, with hard to use weapons, and killing people from behind while other people are killing you from behind, then go try BF1 . . . and you can even have my copy if you really want it.

I'm with this guy, and as a former COD fanboy, today's games all but suck. BF1 is ok for about a day, then it's more like going to work rather than playing a game for fun. BF is a grinder for sure in the early stages, and there's tons of bugs, but it's my fav game as of now. Only other game done right or comes close and tons of fun IMO, is overwatch, it's fun like early COD games. And most of all, those other shooters are not freaking StarWars.
  • bhalienux wrote: »
    So players should just stand still and let you kill them and not try to stay alive? Do you do that? Just stand there and let someone kill you if they're outgunning you?

• Bacta is fine. It heals you, just like any other healing item in any other game, maybe just faster and gives you some extra health. And it also heals your teammates, which I'm sure someone would appreciate when they're surrounded by enemies. As for the jet pack, it helps you get from point A to B faster, and yes, get away from danger. So what? I hate how people criticize others for how they choose to play a game. There's no rules, no laws saying you have to play a certain way. That would be like someone telling you you can only eat turkey on Thanksgiving.

Yeah, sometimes it annoys me how someone starts off shooting at me from a distance, then jump packs to take me out in one shoot from above with a scout pistol, cycler rilfe, but if that's what they want to do, who am I to tell them to do otherwise? Now if you want to talk about things that should be changed, let's talk about Rebels who hang back at the first set of uplinks (on both Endor maps) to kill Stormtroopers two seconds after they spawn back in. They really should make it so the Rebels can't go back to the stage one area of the map once stage two starts.
  • Bacta is fine. It heals you, just like any other healing item in any other game, maybe just faster and gives you some extra health. And it also heals your teammates, which I'm sure someone would appreciate when they're surrounded by enemies. As for the jet pack, it helps you get from point A to B faster, and yes, get away from danger. So what? I hate how people criticize others for how they choose to play a game. There's no rules, no laws saying you have to play a certain way. That would be like someone telling you you can only eat turkey on Thanksgiving.

Yeah, sometimes it annoys me how someone starts off shooting at me from a distance, then jump packs to take me out in one shoot from above with a scout pistol, cycler rilfe, but if that's what they want to do, who am I to tell them to do otherwise? Now if you want to talk about things that should be changed, let's talk about Rebels who hang back at the first set of uplinks (on both Endor maps) to kill Stormtroopers two seconds after they spawn back in. They really should make it so the Rebels can't go back to the stage one area of the map once stage two starts.

But we need to complain about something??
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g
  • BlazinSVK
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    This isn't a crying or anything like that .. I was really angry before I wrote this. Recently, this is happening me too often - i play either blast/cargo or some similar ground based modes or fighter squadron.. if there are 2 players who are constantly doing this it can be accepted(yet they are dominating above others who don't do that), but when majority of the enemy team, like 10 players who don't shoot first when they spot you like in other games but- roll, then shoot, then roll and finally when i hit them they use jet pack to fly away, or a sheid.. i am a fps player and I wanted to point out the the meaning of "skill" and my anger about this game, i spent thousands of hours by playing cods,bfs, warface and in those games, skill was to kill enemies with your primary weapons faster than they kill you. In this game, it's totally different.. All what matters is, how hardly you press combat roll button, or how u run away if you are wounded and star cards (I wasn't even mentioning the massive grenades spawn, which I hate in every game) and then how you kill the enemy.. I know every game is different, but this is just too much for me. I don't mind if 1-3 players do it, but if all the gameplay is what I described above, I give up.. It just doesn't fit me. In my opinion it should be somehow regulated (f.e. max 30% players can use jetpacks, worse accuracy after you perform a combat roll). In my opinion it's just as same as doing prone-stand up-prone-stand up with shooting when you spot an enemy - and now ask yourself, do you consider it as a skill , or just noobish style ?
    Or they should add a mode, where star cards and combat roll is disabled
  • BlazinSVK
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The73MPL4R wrote: »

Nope, I am not doing that, neither they should. I haven't expected the game to be like this- star cards decide about result + stupid combat roll spam
  • This is a silly spam infested on every level over the top arcade shooter BlazinSVK. That's all it is sadly.
  • No, it wouldn't be a good idea to limit how many players can use the jetpack during a game, it's unfair. And they do have a mode where you can't use Star cards or roll, Fighter Squadron.

As for the whole roll-jetpack, stand up-prone thing... I consider it doing what I need to in order to to beat my enemy. "Noobish style" is nothing more than an insult tossed at someone who doesn't play the game or use items "the right way". So yes, if your opponent found a way to use an ability or item in a way other than what it was intended for that allowed them to best you, it is a skill.
  • No, it wouldn't be a good idea to limit how many players can use the jetpack during a game, it's unfair. And they do have a mode where you can't use Star cards or roll, Fighter Squadron.

As for the whole roll-jetpack, stand up-prone thing... I consider it doing what I need to in order to to beat my enemy. "Noobish style" is nothing more than an insult tossed at someone who doesn't play the game or use items "the right way". So yes, if your opponent found a way to use an ability or item in a way other than what it was intended for that allowed them to best you, it is a skill.

This is honestly the most perfect way to sum it up
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g
  • I just played a match where a player had 90 kills.
    This game is ****.
    I'm not even a good player but I routinely suddenly get "bad connection" whenever I start to do really well.
    Garbage game maker ruining what could have been a really great game.
  • My level of disappointment when I first played this game and recognized that it's not Battlefront. The wounds are still very deep. Felt DICE betrayed us, because it has nothing to do with Battlefront II.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• You see what I don't get is that the majority of the players enjoyed this game when it came out. Only after the DLC came out did people start to belly ache. The DLC wasn't as good as I hoped, but the base game was plenty entertaining to me and continues to be so. Maybe the problem is people need to be realistic and realize that a game is most likely not going to turn into the game they want over the course of it's lifetime.
  • You see what I don't get is that the majority of the players enjoyed this game when it came out. Only after the DLC came out did people start to belly ache
    Not true, actually. Look at the Amazon reviews from November 2015. This game got lots of hate from the beginning.
  • TheStalker88
    6053 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    You see what I don't get is that the majority of the players enjoyed this game when it came out. Only after the DLC came out did people start to belly ache
    Not true, actually. Look at the Amazon reviews from November 2015. This game got lots of hate from the beginning.

Yeah it was hated on hardcore style from the start. Lack of content was the biggest complaint followed by constant nerfing. Then came the tide of hate for 2 not so very iconic Greedo and Nunb. Playlists, bugs, Skirmish delay and more bugs and delays and up until now Lando and his very OP glitch thats gotten even more ridiculous.
  • It's easy to kill someone who doesn't use the combat roll effectively. Many Battlefront players are unable to roll during 1v1 encounters.

Have you played COD: Advanced Warfare yet? It's a Halo 5 wannabe. Apparently you can even "thrust jump."

Hate to break it to you, but Advanced Warfare released nearly a year before Halo 5.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • LysdexicsUntied
    2034 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Bacta is fine. It heals you, just like any other healing item in any other game, maybe just faster and gives you some extra health. And it also heals your teammates, which I'm sure someone would appreciate when they're surrounded by enemies...

Yeah, sometimes it annoys me how someone starts off shooting at me from a distance, then jump packs to take me out in one shoot from above with a... cycler rifle

Sorry but I have to question this. bacta can be used to instantly heal yourself and every friendly around you in the middle of a conflict, as well as boosting your health by 30%, yet you get a bit annoyed by a Jump-Cycler kill? Have you ever actually tried to Jump-Cycler? I actually agree that jump packs should be made less critical to the game (right now almost everyone uses it, which is more of a shame than a problem), but as difficulty goes, bacta bombing is orders of magnitudes easier than Cycler Rifling someone from the air
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • Bacta is fine. It heals you, just like any other healing item in any other game, maybe just faster and gives you some extra health. And it also heals your teammates, which I'm sure someone would appreciate when they're surrounded by enemies...

Yeah, sometimes it annoys me how someone starts off shooting at me from a distance, then jump packs to take me out in one shoot from above with a... cycler rifle

Sorry but I have to question this. bacta can be used to instantly heal yourself and every friendly around you in the middle of a conflict, as well as boosting your health by 30%, yet you get a bit annoyed by a Jump-Cycler kill? Have you ever actually tried to Jump-Cycler? I actually agree that jump packs should be made less critical to the game (right now almost everyone uses it, which is more of a shame than a problem), but as difficulty goes, bacta bombing is orders of magnitudes easier than Cycler Rifling someone from the air

I said it annoys me, not that I think it's a problem or that it doesn't require skill. Besides, I meant when they shoot at me with a primary blaster first, get me down to half health, then finish me off with a jump-cycler. If you aren't good enough to take me out in one shot when doing a jump-cycler, don't do it at all. And yes, I did try that a few times. I succeeded once--a truly lucky shot.
  • Bacta is fine. It heals you, just like any other healing item in any other game, maybe just faster and gives you some extra health. And it also heals your teammates, which I'm sure someone would appreciate when they're surrounded by enemies...

I said it annoys me, not that I think it's a problem or that it doesn't require skill. Besides, I meant when they shoot at me with a primary blaster first, get me down to half health, then finish me off with a jump-cycler. If you aren't good enough to take me out in one shot when doing a jump-cycler, don't do it at all. And yes, I did try that a few times. I succeeded once--a truly lucky shot.

I include using a Cycler after weakening them with a primary shot - on its own, the Cycler does only 90 damage. To kill requires a headshot, and while I am fairly proficient at them, it still requires infinitely more skill than bacta, or pretty much anything else in the game.
  • If we're discussing flying monkeys, I assume there's also a Wicked Witch to blame. ;) Anyway, since we can do combat rolls in real life, there's no good reason to exclude it from a game. Dice made it so tricky, I can never pull it off in a pinch. :*
    In a real army, only 1 soldier in the squad would be assigned the SAW, sniper rifle (designated marksman), bazooka, or jumppack. If I remember in GI Joe, only 1 guy got the jetpack. However, Buggyfront seems to practice the Wendy's "have it your way" philosophy with predictable results. We should implement realistic physics where jumppackers find they can't even get off the ground while carrying all those weapons plus a bag of holding filled with infinite grenades and the standard 40 lbs. pack. :p
    Hello,

+1 Everyone wants to be mandalorian, and roll was an option that was not before, ruin the game

In what movie do we see this? In no
  • LysdexicsUntied
    2034 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    sCr0llx wrote: »
    BlazinSVK wrote: »
    Hello,

+1 Everyone wants to be mandalorian, and roll was an option that was not before, ruin the game

In what movie did we see Barrage, or Impact Frag, or Jump Packs, or blaster attachments that turn your shots into explosive fire, or guns that could shoot out blue energy bombs, or Infantry Turrets, or Han shoot down TIE fighters, or Leia drop equipment for her troops, or Luke run with Force-boosted speed, or Palpatine block blaster fire with his hands, or Boba Fett send out Scan Pulses, or Dioxis Grenades or... you get the picture, I hope.

This isn't all about what did we see in the movies. This is what improves the game. And we, the forum community, asked for them to implement rolling. Now, excessive jump pack usage? I can understand your complaint there. But rolling? They move barely a metre and a half, quite slowly, in one direction. They can only use it every 1.5 seconds, and they have almost zero showing accuracy during and after the roll. Rolling is the sort of advanced "combat" feature that this game lacks in all of its other areas.

So rolling is certainly not some game-destroying, immersion-breaking gift from Satan himself, it is a valid, acceptable and balanced feature.
  • sCr0llx wrote: »
    BlazinSVK wrote: »
    Hello,

In what movie did we see Barrage, or Impact Frag, or Jump Packs, or blaster attachments that turn your shots into explosive fire, or guns that could shoot out blue energy bombs, or Infantry Turrets, or Han shoot down TIE fighters, or Leia drop equipment for her troops, or Luke run with Force-boosted speed, or Palpatine block blaster fire with his hands, or Boba Fett send out Scan Pulses, or Dioxis Grenades or... you get the picture, I hope.

This isn't all about what did we see in the movies. This is what improves the game. And we, the forum community, asked for them to implement rolling. Now, excessive jump pack usage? I can understand your complaint there. But rolling? They move barely a metre and a half, quite slowly, in one direction. They can only use it every 1.5 seconds, and they have almost zero showing accuracy during and after the roll. Rolling is the sort of advanced "combat" feature that this game lacks in all of its other areas.

So rolling is certainly not some game-destroying, immersion-breaking gift from Satan himself, it is a valid, acceptable and balanced feature.

@LysdexicsUntied : Bravo. That might be the best post I've ever read on the SWBF forum.

Thank you, it was enjoyable to write. I actually had more on that list of things not in the movies, but I cut it back so it wouldn't get too long :joy:
    I ask myself is this what having a "skill" means in this game ? Abuse combat roll, when they start to dying the use shield and run away or use jetpack to fly away? For me definetely not. If I play against players who aren't flying monkeys I usually have k/d ratio 2 even if i am just a newbie with rank 20, but when I play against a team full of flying monkeys, my k/d is 0.3-0.5. I refuse to play this kind of style just to be better against these noobs who abuse those things.

you are the noob, they are not. if they jumppack, wait until they are on the ground again and kill them. if you cannot do it, you are a noob.

if they use a shield, use ion shot. if you dont use ion shot, you are a noob.

if they use bacta, just hit them one more time.

if you want to play games where your only skill is shooting, go and play doom.

• S_Markt wrote: »
    you are the noob, they are not.
    You seem to be very against the word "skill". First off:
    S_Markt wrote: »
    if they jumppack, wait until they are on the ground again and kill them. if you cannot do it, you are a noob.
    This feels weird to say, but I actually sort of agree with you here. Jump-packs are not guaranteed escapes, and it is not hard to follow them and finish them
    This one makes no sense. Using Ion Shot is perfectly fine, but how does not using Ion Shot make someone a "noob"? However, I do agree that there are plenty of counters to shields (Ion weaponry, Cycler Rifle, Scatter Gun, Stinger Pistol)
    You don't seem to get why people hate bacta. No one really cares about the additional 130 health, although the idea of being able to give yourself an extra 30 health is ridiculous. The main problem with bacta is that it can be used mid-combat to instantly regenerate your health. Instead, it should work like Adrenaline Stim - a short delay, and then your health gradually refills.

But either way your argument makes no sense. "just hit them one more time"? The A280C, a very common and useful weapon, deals 25 damage per shot. That means it is 2 more shots to kill, not just 1. And since bacta can affect multiple allies of the person that uses it, that makes multiple people require 2 additional shots. So if you take on 4 people, rather than requiring 16 perfectly aimed shots to kill all of them, it now requires 24. The A280c only fires 27 shots before it overheats. So if you miss only 3 of your shots, you physically can't kill them all without going into cool down. In addition, the minimum time required to kill someone goes from 0.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds, which is a 50% increase.
    Fair point.
    Hello,

Ah my friend, you think the exact same way as I do, I have been with this game since the beginning and yes I know, I believe the jump pack should be removed, and oh boy the Bacta Bomb, the star card that completely unbalanced and ruined this game :/. Jesus it's such a mess, jump packs on 90% of players, ugly blue glow of bacta giving enemy more Health than you, you get them down enough and they use a personal shield jump pack away throw bacta then come back with bacta and bodyguard ready to kill your basic 100 health. It's a shame what the game has become, I just wish Bacta was never implemented into the game :(

Jet pack...Bacta...Personal shield...and continuing...Everything is there to use for everyone. I sometimes get angry with it but i myself chose to use weapons, cards and other combinations to give me some advatage to my playing style. Everyone is doing their thing whatever we think about it. Sure..some things need to be adjusted when new weapons and cards are added but that does not mean to make them useless. One thing i always got angry with before was when i got sniped several times in a match. Well i could take the pulse canon myself and give the snipers their own medicin back...But the truth is.. im not a very good sniper...and that is the reason why i got frustrated. So...only one thing remained... either change how i moved around the map, change my weapons, change my playing style, change my cards or whatever needs to be done. I still get sniped...But not that often anymore. So everyone can find a new path despite the odds.
    you are the noob, they are not.
    You seem to be very against the word "skill". First off:
    if they jumppack, wait until they are on the ground again and kill them. if you cannot do it, you are a noob.
    This feels weird to say, but I actually sort of agree with you here. Jump-packs are not guaranteed escapes, and it is not hard to follow them and finish them
    This one makes no sense. Using Ion Shot is perfectly fine, but how does not using Ion Shot make someone a "noob"? However, I do agree that there are plenty of counters to shields (Ion weaponry, Cycler Rifle, Scatter Gun, Stinger Pistol)
    You don't seem to get why people hate bacta. No one really cares about the additional 130 health, although the idea of being able to give yourself an extra 30 health is ridiculous. The main problem with bacta is that it can be used mid-combat to instantly regenerate your health. Instead, it should work like Adrenaline Stim - a short delay, and then your health gradually refills.

But either way your argument makes no sense. "just hit them one more time"? The A280C, a very common and useful weapon, deals 25 damage per shot. That means it is 2 more shots to kill, not just 1. And since bacta can affect multiple allies of the person that uses it, that makes multiple people require 2 additional shots. So if you take on 4 people, rather than requiring 16 perfectly aimed shots to kill all of them, it now requires 24. The A280c only fires 27 shots before it overheats. So if you miss only 3 of your shots, you physically can't kill them all without going into cool down. In addition, the minimum time required to kill someone goes from 0.5 seconds to 0.75 seconds, which is a 50% increase.
    Fair point.

what you are saying about bacta is wrong. i have never seen anybody using it midcombat and the reason is simple: you will be dead before it heals you. and your hitcalculation might be right if you are a total noob. i aim for the head and i dont go into cooldown. btw, if you aim and shoot instead of spray and pray like you seem to do, you can control overheating way better.

and the ion shot thing: there are a lot of shieldrunners in the game. in most of the gamemodes shields are used to cover the player, while he plays the objective, so ion shot is one of the most important things to use in most gamemodes and if you run around with other equipment, you are a noob. it is that simple.

Hello,

Try to anticipate where the jump packer is going to land. Shoot if you have a clear line of sight. If not, I usually chuck a thermal detonator in their general direction. Sometimes I get lucky and get a kill that way.

When a player tries to jump pack away, he's not always trying to escape. Always assume he's trying to line up a shot.

Sge4xa0.gif

E6ttzsj.gif
    what you are saying about bacta is wrong. i have never seen anybody using it and the reason is simple: you will be dead before it heals you.midcombat

Well then you have the the single biggest collection or noobs playing against you, because people use bacta mid-combat all the time. What you said makes no sense, "you will be dead before it heals you"? It heals you instantly. People get one shot in and then BAM you're back to full health in an instant.
    and your hitcalculation might be right if you are a total noob. i aim for the head and i dont go into cooldown. btw, if you aim and shoot instead of spray and pray like you seem to do, you can control overheating way better.

Wait you're supposed to aim? I had no idea! That was sarcasm, in case you were wondering. I "aim" as well, I am certainly not a spray-and-pray player. Precise shots are my main way of fighting. But that doesn't mean 100% accuracy, often one out of every 8 or 10 shots will miss simply because they duck, or jump, or you overcorrect for their movements, or pretty much any other reason. And as for "you can control your overheat much better", waiting for your cool down to drop back down is not an option in a 4v1 without cover.
    and the ion shot thing: there are a lot of shieldrunners in the game. in most of the gamemodes shields are used to cover the player, while he plays the objective, so ion shot is one of the most important things to use in most gamemodes and if you run around with other equipment, you are a noob. it is that simple.

Right... so by that logic, all of these are true:
    • There are lots of people shooting at you in this game, in every game mode, so unless you use Adrenaline Stim to regenerate your health you are a noob
    • Your gun often will sometimes go into overheat, so if you don't use Cooling Cell you are a noob
    • Guns don't have 100% accuracy so if you don't use Focus Fire, you are a noob
    • There are lots of people shooting at you in this game, in every game mode, so unless you use Personal Shield to protect yourself you are a noob
    • There are lots of people with guns in this game, so if you don't use Disruption to stop their guns from working, you are a noob