criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Battlefront 2 campaign, what will it be like?

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited December 2016
Imo it'll be much like Battlefield 1's campaign: a 5 hour linear storyline progression through different episodes, not necessarily all tied together and with flashy cinematics and cutscenes in between. What are you expecting, people?

Replies

• I have more hope for campaign then the multiplayer. I have faith in Motive
  • Maybe.
  • Nothing incredible. Won't care if it is or isn't though. Not the main reason I buy shooters nowadays.
  • Yeah, mp is the main part of the game these days so not expecting much either.
  • Don't care about a campaign. I want a quality MP experience. Ranking them for me would be MP>Offline bot slaughter>campaign.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    I only play Battlefield 1 online, but from what I hear, the single player war stories are quite good. I would expect nothing less for this franchise. Just the fact that this is "Star Wars" they may even put more money and effort into the campaign.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Imo it'll be much like Battlefield 1's campaign: a 5 hour linear storyline progression through different episodes, not necessarily all tied together and with flashy cinematics and cutscenes in between. What are you expecting, people?

More then that. Dice has someone else doing Single player content. Im expecting less then what i want but at the most, probly Skitmish with more options and a solid campaign where we play scenarios as Empire and Rebels.

Ill give them the benifit of the doubt because Motive is working on it, so imo, its unlikely we will get a generic on rails cod experience
  • DarthJ
    6459 posts Member
    The BF1 war stories were generally very good!

I'd like to see a twilight company-esque campaigm. Would tie in well
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Motive is working on it. It won't probably like in Battlefield 1.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Something tells me it'll be like BF1 war story campaign. Good or not, people claimed it was short. To expect a Force Unleashed type campaign from Motive would be too much imo. What they will probably do is go the BF1 route and add Missions type goals to the campaign and make your play as both sides and also as heroes. So a hybrid campaign with missions basically.
  • Something tells me it'll be like BF1 war story campaign. Good or not, people claimed it was short. To expect a Force Unleashed type campaign from Motive would be too much imo. What they will probably do is go the BF1 route and add Missions type goals to the campaign and make your play as both sides and also as heroes. So a hybrid campaign with missions basically.

I doubt a different studio would make it like DICE did...otherwise why not copy and paste your formula and save the money and time hiring a new studio??
    Not saying it wont have 2 sides and heroes and all that but i doubt it will be like Battlefield 1
  • I hope we get stories on both sides where we play as a hero and villain + regular ground assault fodder.
  • Me too.
  • I hope we'll get good stories, but they won't be forced from DICE to be canon.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    I have faith in motive. I think they'll do some good work
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I doubt anything being rushed to be released in a year and half will be very good or lasting. I doubt they'll make a stand alone action adventure rpg type campaign. It'll most likely be broken into episodes or chapters with different scenarios to play for both sides and heroes. Deep exploration arpgs take longer than a year and half to make. And lets not forget that it's not the top priority of next Battlefront and never will be. Online mp is.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Now if they released 1313 (it was in late dev stages) and somehow added it to the CW type battlefront, that would be a badass move. Finally we would have an M rated Battlefield 1 type SW game. That's why Im hoping the next Battlefront flops badly to the point of them being desperate and integrating 1313 into a CW/Prequel Battlefront.