criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Server Browsers, how many issues would they kill with one stone?

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited January 2017
Let's see what would happen if we had server browsers. First of all, no playlists. People could create extraction or sabotage only games or their own custom mode rotations. Would that make fans happy? **** yes! Second, would hackers and cheaters be around on private servers? Heck no. They would be booted fast. What about those casuals with cheap loadouts like bacta, es and ee4 running around with berserker. No, certain loadouts could be banned from private servers. So why won't Dice release private servers and kill all those issues with one swift stroke? Why?

Replies

• Don't, DICE doesn't like logic.
    Member of the 501st
  • Probably because they don't want people to realize just how low the population is.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Probably because they don't want people to realize just how low the population is.

Only 10% of our players know how low the population is :smiley:
    Member of the 501st
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Probably because they don't want people to realize just how low the population is.

True and with population already low they wouldn't make much difference. Casuals would play on general servers and pros on private. Casuals outnumber the pros 10 to 1 at least.

True and with population already low they wouldn't make much difference. Casuals would play on general servers and pros on private. Casuals outnumber the pros 10 to 1 at least.

I'd love to play on a server that's actually hard. This server browser sounds amazing.
    Member of the 501st
  • Its not a DICE thing but an EA thing. See, EA can control when to switch off the servers - which they always do for certain games and SWBF I expect to be turned off either pre-SWBF EA 2 or early 2018 once the game is out there.

It's the only reason why. Money.
  • Its not a DICE thing but an EA thing. See, EA can control when to switch off the servers - which they always do for certain games and SWBF I expect to be turned off either pre-SWBF EA 2 or early 2018 once the game is out there.

Yep x 1000. Same reason EA shut down that homemade Star Wars game. Same reason EA won't allow mods to this game. Same reason Skirmish gets so little attention. Exclusive license means you pay EA to play whatever game it allows you to play at the time. Since no single player, you are now essentially paying a yearly fee to EA if you are a Star Wars fan.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Its not a DICE thing but an EA thing. See, EA can control when to switch off the servers - which they always do for certain games and SWBF I expect to be turned off either pre-SWBF EA 2 or early 2018 once the game is out there.

Probably. It really shows with the state the game and the servers are in. Shutting the servers down seems like their logical next step.
  • [quote="thiago2103;589431"

raw

Am i the only one still in the denial over the fact that EA got the star wars rights ???[/quote]

LMAO
    Nope. I used to play Star Wars: The Old Republic and used to run a fansite for it before it was released. I followed it for years. Then a dark cloud fell over the game - EA took over everything. I had an outstanding relationship with LucasArts and whenever they were in Europe/UK, would always attend their press events and SWTOR was no different.

Then, the 'new' Community Manager for SWTOR told me that I was no longer allowed to attend said events and to get news from THEIR website. Clearly he didnt understand how fansites worked and after a heated exchanged pulled all my support for the game. History was made when EA pushed the game out early, removed many key features in yet another sad attempt to overthrow World of Warcraft(they had already failed with Warhammer).

The same mistakes over at SWTOR have been repeated here and when the news was announced that EA had the licence to print money, I was deeply upset. But with some hope, pre ordered Battlefront, only to cancel that preorder when they said it would NOT have server browsing. I knew instantly this would just be a cash cow for them - nothing more and I was right.

But wait until EA PLAY comes around again and all have a LOL moment at the CEO chatting out of his backside at how much gamers are at the heart of everything they do.

• It would solve so many things. It still amazes me how one was not initially included. I want to say I can't understand why, but I do. It's an incredibly horrible decision, though, if you ask me, especially from the point of view of the player, aka the consumer. I was very disappointed when I first heard that Battlefront would not be having a server browser, and was hoping that the backlash would change EA's mind. Then the game shipped without a server browser, and I hoped for the first few months that one would be patched in. Soon, I lost all hope with the playlists and all of that. I just hope that Battlefront 2017 has a server browser and custom servers.
  • EA is poison to the gaming community period.

Dennis Brännvall is FAIL!!!!!
  • There's no excuse. Battlefield 1 has it, so BF2 had better have it.
  • Wait, was that Dennis's reply to server browsers?
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I see. Yeah, that and Hero Blast are 2 modes they could've easily added already, but even that and some hero outfits were a hurdle for them. Pathetic.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    ES does add damage to ee3 and ee4, at least from what Ive noticed. Anyways, ES was maybe a bad example as it's been adjusted to overheat more. In that case let's use the Bubble shield as a replacement or cooling cell to help ee4. Ee4 is still a beast coupled with berserker.

Probably. It really shows with the state the game and the servers are in. Shutting the servers down seems like their logical next step.

the number of times im dumped out of games with fake red warnings and 'lost connection to EA server' messages... i thought they had ALREADY turned them off.
    invalid brain token
  • Yeah that's what the servers are like at least 1/4 times.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Seems server browsers were ditched because kids would be confused and angry. Dice and Disney has spiraled the game into a land of casuals and will forever keep it that way.:(
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Seems server browsers were ditched because kids would be confused and angry. Dice and Disney has spiraled the game into a land of casuals and will forever keep it that way.:(

I hope not. If Dice doesn't include a good solid server browser, and hopefully the ability to rent and set up a private server, I will more then likely pass on Battlefront 2. As much as I love Star Wars, the match making nonsense was an absolute nightmare that I will not ever deal with again.

• bfloo
    14789 posts Member
    Why don't you all arrange private matches.

It isn't much, but better then matchmaking.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    I want the ability to choose servers that are rotating the maps that I enjoy playing on. Sometimes I like playing the most popular DLC maps, other times it might be my favorite base maps..... Like Battlefield 4 allows you to do.
    Dice is working right now on getting Battlefield 1's server rental program up to speed, and there is no reason that they cant add this feature to Battlefront 2.
  • Server Browsers improve longevity because it allows players to actually see which server to join that best fits their preferences - mode, map, ping, player count, etc.

If the devs argue that quick search playlist allows players to quickly enter a game, that is fine but also add a server browser so everyone is happy! I can't imagine creating a server browser takes too much time and resources.
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    it is, too late. my shhhhhon. - vader dies