criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Anyone into collecting lightsabers?

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited January 2017
I got Darth Vader's lightsaber recently and am really loving the authenticity of it. Anyone else into collecting one or more lightsabers?

RGGwfym.jpg

Replies

• I know a guy named Grievous, he also collects them.
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g
  • Yep, got 3 but 2 are cheap
  • I know a guy named Grievous, he also collects them.

+1 hue
  • gfdgfdgdf wrote: »
    Yep, got 3 but 2 are cheap

So which is your expensive one?
  • Yeah I collect all lightsabers.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Also, I have one like the pictured, but smaller. Then two folding?(It has levels i guess, it pushes down into the hilt) I have Anakin's and Vader's.
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Cool show some pics. I want all of them but they're so expensive.

• I have thr kylo ren and darth vader deluxe. Really want lukes blue one.
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • After that vid I want old Bens one.
  • I really want to collect them but they're so expensive! They need to make replicas you can walk people with without it breaking!
    Member of the 501st
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Which ones are your 3 top favorite?

"Ooonly maaneey!!!"
  • Check out Vader's Vault. Top quality for your dollar. Absolutely love their graflex.
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I have thr kylo ren and darth vader deluxe. Really want lukes blue one.

Mind sharing some pics of the Kylo saber? Big Kylo fan here.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Always a pleasure to add a new lightsaber to my collection
    xMoNwyV.jpg
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I used to collect the force fx ones. They're awesome. I have Vader, anakin, yoda, maul, and windu's
  • ExposedLeach107
    958 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Small Lego ones :)
    I don't have enough room for the one the OP on about.
    All though I did have a plastic toy one.
    Post edited by ExposedLeach107 on
  • gfdgfdgdf wrote: »
    Yep, got 3 but 2 are cheap

So which is your expensive one?

A Master Replicas Force FX Darth Vader, I think its 2007. Just got it this Christmas
  • Ahhh..lightsabers, great to see in the movies, dreaded at home. We have around 6-8 at my house...

But the cheap blade builder, Hasbro types. The ones good for getting my knuckles and fingers smashed by my son. :worried:
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    But the cheap blade builder, Hasbro types. The ones good for getting my knuckles and fingers smashed by my son. :worried:

I had a lightsaber like the one you on about, mine was obi wans. My brother had anakins and I would would hit me as hard ad he could. Fingers where sore afters. In the end it started to bend every time he hit it.
  • Cool show some pics. I want all of them but they're so expensive.

That dude has way too much money.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    NightFury wrote: »
    Check out Vader's Vault. Top quality for your dollar. Absolutely love their graflex.

Yeah those are worth thousands each but if you want an accurate replica of ANH Ben Kenobi or ROTJ Luke lightsaber with the realistic narrow neck the Force FX can't do, you have no choice. Plus you can duel with them and led lighting is better.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    I used to collect the force fx ones. They're awesome. I have Vader, anakin, yoda, maul, and windu's

Awesome. Do u have a single or double bladed Maul lightsaber?
  • I have the ForceFX blue Luke/Anakin lightsaber. It's the one with the detachable blade. I've had it for several years and still love it. I'd love to get Luke's RotJ saber or Yoda's saber at some point.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    My buddy actually custom builds lightsabers and gave me one of his creations. He programmed soundboards that allows for the configuration of color and sounds, and even has accurate motion detection. These are then fit into custom made hilts along with the sabers used from the store bought toys.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • bhalienux wrote: »
    I have the ForceFX blue Luke/Anakin lightsaber. It's the one with the detachable blade. I've had it for several years and still love it. I'd love to get Luke's RotJ saber or Yoda's saber at some point.

Those are rare now and expensive compared to the new ones. Nice!
  • Blazur wrote: »
    My buddy actually custom builds lightsabers and gave me one of his creations. He programmed soundboards that allows for the configuration of color and sounds, and even has accurate motion detection. These are then fit into custom made hilts along with the sabers used from the store bought toys.

Lucky you have a friend like that. How much do his lightsabers cost? Which one do u have? Can he make old Bens lightsaber with the narrow neck like Luke's in ROTJ and custom led blade?
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    I used to collect the force fx ones. They're awesome. I have Vader, anakin, yoda, maul, and windu's

Awesome. Do u have a single or double bladed Maul lightsaber?

Double, its sick! Well you get the two single sabers but you can connect them
  • That is sick. I want!
  • Although I don't have any pictures, I currently have 3 Master Replica's.
    I own:
    Luke's ROTJ Elite Edition
    Luke's ESB Signature Edition w/ Mark Hamill's signature
    Han Solo's ANH DL-44 Elite Edition.

I grew up seeing these replicas and I could never afford them. They're certainly more pricey now, but I love them and they look fantastic
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Wow you really have quite an expensive collection there. Now all you need is a Vaders Vault replica with the actual beam. In my lifetime I planning on getting at least one such lightsaber.

Post pics if you can too.
  • I collect helmets. Mandalorian ones in specific. Heres one I worked on with the Mandalorian Merc peeps: P3140027.jpg
  • Wow, that's awesome. I will probably get one later as well.
  • NightFury wrote: »
    Check out Vader's Vault. Top quality for your dollar. Absolutely love their graflex.

Yeah those are worth thousands each but if you want an accurate replica of ANH Ben Kenobi or ROTJ Luke lightsaber with the realistic narrow neck the Force FX can't do, you have no choice. Plus you can duel with them and led lighting is better.

Only the master series is worth thousands. I have a combat class Vader's Vault and that ran me about $400. Their graflex is in the same price range as that as well.
  • I collect helmets. Mandalorian ones in specific. Heres one I worked on with the Mandalorian Merc peeps:

I have this two and will get a Tie Pilot next week

IMG_20170104_164006.jpg
  • Wow, I've never seen these helmets. Look awesome!

@NightFury, wow that's way cheaper than what I thought and combat too? Dang!