criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What Chewbacca needs

Here's what I think that Chewie needs to make him a lot more balanced.

1. Decrease his health from 1500 to 1425.
2. Decrease the splash damage on his bow caster.
3. Tighten up the spread of the bolts to make it do you have to be somewhat accurate.
4. Change the way the weapon over heats. It would be something like this: trait level 0- 12 shots, trait level 1- 9 shots, trait level 2- 6 shots, and trait level 3- 3 shots.

These things will make Chewie a little bit better in my opinion. If you guys have any suggestions, please comment them. Thanks!

Replies

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    His health is fine. He's slower than Vader and can't block
  • He just needs a splash damage tweak.
    If you tighten the spread he'll be able to engage at further distances, which is a bad idea. He was fine before people cried about buffing him.
  • Chewie is fine. If anything buff a villain but imo dengar can already hurt chewy quite a bit.
  • He needs a damage decrease. This is just like Dengar being able to take out entire teams in HvV
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Leave health and damage of main bolt as it is.
    Only nerf damage + splash of aditional bolts.
  • MC_XIX
    1534 posts Member
    I thought he was fine pre-Scarif DLC, though I agree with the small speed increase he received. He could still easily beat Vader 1v1 before the latest patch, but now he destroys him, which just doesn't feel right. Lightsabers should be the most damaging weapon in CQC, not a bowcaster.
  • Hes fine.
  • Yeah, nerf his damage a bit (splash damage in particular) and he'll probably be fine. That splash damage is absurd once he gets his trait going.
  • He's too powerful, I don't even have to try to win with him. Just decrease the explosive damage on his bowcaster, that's all the nerf he needs. Maybe slightly lower the damage of the other bolts as well, but not by much.

If anybody disagrees with me, you haven't played as Chewie during extraction, 2nd phase of Battlestation, or HvV. Chewie just rolls those modes now, if you know what you're doing.
  • His splash damage is the only thing that needs adjusted. It's crazy OP, it's like having a blaster cannon. I've had bolts land 5m away and deal 35 damage to me as a hero because of the splash damage.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Doesn't mater what he needs. Support is done for this game, so he is what he is.
  • just decrease the fire rate as he gains more bolts
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • Just put him back to pre-Scarif but keep his speed and lack of delay on his abilities.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • JMaster
    2117 posts Member
    Really, what I'm concerned about is his damage to Villains. Now, he should be able to do a lot of damage, BUT... he shouldn't be able to down Vader in 8 seconds, either. If they just decrease the damage against Heroes ONLY, to say... 75%-80% of what he does now, he would still be awesome, but he wouldn't be unbeatable. What do you think?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Definitely needs a nerf, I think only his health should remain 1500, I agree with everything else. But he already got a nerf with the next patch, so we have to wait and we will see what he got.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Febelas wrote: »
    Yeah, nerf his damage a bit (splash damage in particular) and he'll probably be fine. That splash damage is absurd once he gets his trait going.

RT
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Doesn't mater what he needs. Support is done for this game, so he is what he is.

I doubt Mater has anything to do with this.
  • Whodunnit
    5551 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    PopoTateo wrote: »

I doubt Mater has anything to do with this.

MaterCars.jpg
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif