criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Buff First Person/ Nerf Third

Alright so anyone who wants to kill more and die less uses third person in this game, that goes triple if you're in a fighter.

Is there any way in the sequel you folks at DICE could level the playing field a bit? Wider field of view in first, less 'magically see round corners' in third?

Fighters in particular, they look and sound incredible in 1P, they're just beyond useless.

Our choice right now is performance, or immersion and death. Be good to have both.

Replies

• First person infantry isn't bad, but first person flying sucks. It definitely needs something to make it more useful. Maybe they could have some cockpit instruments inform you of stuff the third person view wouldn't.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Another dumb nerf thread.

Not really. He's really asking for first person to be more useful while getting rid of some of the borderline cheating aspects of third person. Seems reasonable to me.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • I honestly forget this game has first person until I accidentally activate it. Third person just benefits you so much by being able to look around corners without exposing your hitbox.

I'm untrollable, you must be new?
  • I always play in first person... usually I can hold my own, win and stay positive...

But some games I get really tired of being one-shotted by the guy who camps around the corners and farms kills using his handy dandy third person God Mode.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • If "op ez win corner peakers" are truly your problem, run scan pulse
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • RogueMammalX
    503 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    If "op ez win corner peakers" are truly your problem, run scan pulse

That helps, sometimes... but you know that isn't really an effective response. It uses up a slot, you have to buy those charges, it's not constant, and it has a cooldown.

I know it's my choice to run first person. I'm just saying... there is no counter to 3p. Same as it is in Fighter Squadron.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • They'd probably get a lot of backlash considering battlefront traditionally offers 1P and 3P but i wouldnt be mad if they made it only 1P next game. I love 3P strategically but 1P is just soo much more immersive imo. I dont have any problems on battlefield 1 playing 1P, same company ao just use the same 1P view/make an even better version for battlefront 2
  • nekdo32
    403 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Alright so anyone who wants to kill more and die less uses third person in this game, that goes triple if you're in a fighter.

Is there any way in the sequel you folks at DICE could level the playing field a bit? Wider field of view in first, less 'magically see round corners' in third?

Fighters in particular, they look and sound incredible in 1P, they're just beyond useless.

Our choice right now is performance, or immersion and death. Be good to have both.

+1 Or they can just make hardcore 1p only servers.
  • I'm just saying... there is no counter to 3p. Same as it is in Fighter Squadron.

This whole thread has to be the weirdest complaint I've seen here yet. Of course there's not a counter for third person. Third person is its own counter. It's like deciding to run around without a blaster and then complaining that there's no counter to all those people with guns. I'd prefer first person too but at some point you have to either go with what works or accept a significant handicap.
  • 4940661-6400530428-giphy.gif
    ... ..
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Hi hate 1st person.
  • Well, the majority of people play in 3rd person,and the originals did offer both. Though in my opinion the devs of this game had 1st person in mind. I just think there's too many 3rd person people for them to try and change it. Though no corner campers would be nice.
  • If anything i'll take a buff for third person, an increased field of view in particular akin to what PC players have. Small gripe but I play in third person but am jelly of the PC youtubers I watch who can see so much more of the battlefield and more of their character (such has human 9 #datass)
  • I always play 1st person because I hate that you always spawn in looking over the right should in 3rd person and can't look over the left shoulder by default. I don't expect this to change because dice and the plebs doesn't care that the game is lacking this fundamental feature of a 3rd person shooter.
  • Should not be mixed. Personally 1P makes my eyes too stressed with the bobbing up and down while running so would be nice to be one of small minority of 3P shooters
  • I love first person soldiering! I exclusively run first person for infantry. To me everything is so much more immersive and detailed. The environment really pops too.
  • You don't realize that you can't just "buff " one and "nerf" the other. 1st and 3rd person are just like in other video games too. No need to change anything about them.
  • bfloo
    12995 posts Member
    I don't really care that much as infantry. I only use 3rd person because the heroes force you to use 3rd person. The only thing that has a noticeable difference to me is hip firing. I can do it 1st person, but not 3rd.

I would like vehicles to be usable in 1st person.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Kyloren421 wrote: »
    They'd probably get a lot of backlash considering battlefront traditionally offers 1P and 3P but i wouldnt be mad if they made it only 1P next game.

I wouldn't buy the next game if they removed third-person. This is Battlefront after all. It's bad enough that they didn't include Conquest or Galactic Conquest in SWBF.

Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • SWBF2 should only be in first person imo
  • SWBF2 should only be in first person imo
    For me it is always a 3rd person game.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I feel as if the problem isn't 1st vs 3rd person (they'll never, and should never remove that, it's a precedent set by previous battlefronts. If you want a competitive 1st person shooter there's cod, battlefield, etc...). The problem is the lack of control!!! By that I mean the community should PUSH for custom/private servers! Servers where the creators could ban/lock specific viewpoints and other settings so that everyone's playing the same way.
    It's hard to complain about this game competitively, especially because they made this for "casual" gamers.
    Rather I hope the battlefront community pushes for that key component that DICE, the creators of battlefield and custom servers, have simply forgotten about in this game.
  • And my comment above was for battlefront 2. The community has to seriously get in the Devs face about this. The devs have already drained the life out of this game and are simply laying it to rest
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »
    First person infantry isn't bad, but first person flying sucks. It definitely needs something to make it more useful. Maybe they could have some cockpit instruments inform you of stuff the third person view wouldn't.

This seems like the best solution. Give first person players more information than third person players and it'll turn into a choice between two separate and unique benefits rather than a choice between "slightly more immersive" and "gg free killz."
  • Alright so anyone who wants to kill more and die less uses third person in this game, that goes triple if you're in a fighter.

you didn get it right. it is a 3rd person game with the ability to change to first person. but there is a simple solution for your problem: first person only servers and mixed servers. so you can play first person whenever you want and nobody has to change his favourite playstile.

• S_Markt wrote: »

you didn get it right. it is a 3rd person game with the ability to change to first person...

That seems true if you view it through an OG Battlefront lens, but EA SWBF is closer to 'both.' Even the release trailer gave us footage in first person infantry, and the cockpit detail is really well crafted, it's just that one view (the most immersive) is worse, especially in a Fighter. Worth making first person 'work' in the sequel.
  • You could even out the corner peeking by making the radar map have a few more sections in the first person view to give slightly more accurate information than the 3rd person view. But you would have to be locked into 1st or third. The lock would be needed to stop people from switching view mid game to gather info and then change view back to 3rd.

Does this sound "balanced"?
  • I only ever use first person in incredibly tight spaces, like under stairs or what have you. I enjoy seeing my character. To each thier own I suppose. They could add a "peeking out of cover" option. Make it so you're not exposed but can corner peek while in 1p. While flying you should be able to move your characters head around in the cockpit, like in GTA 5. Not on the level of the VR stuff but it would be nice.
  • S_Markt wrote: »

you didn get it right. it is a 3rd person game with the ability to change to first person...

That seems true if you view it through an OG Battlefront lens, but EA SWBF is closer to 'both.' Even the release trailer gave us footage in first person infantry, and the cockpit detail is really well crafted, it's just that one view (the most immersive) is worse, especially in a Fighter. Worth making first person 'work' in the sequel.

as i stated before the best solution would be 1 person servers (everything 1st person) and mixed. i would love to have the choice and it would be 2 games in one.

• First person gives me headaches