criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Cargo

DrVictorDoom
120 posts Member
edited January 2017
We definitely need more maps for Cargo.
There are only 5 (not including DLC).
We really need at least the same maps as Drop Zone.

Replies

• Thats the reason I didn't buy the last two DLC's. I wanted more Cargo maps. Dice substitutes actual content with special powers you can carry around.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • The most frustrating thing about the DLC maps is that they can't be used with the regular rotation in the vanilla game.
  • The DLC playlist ruined the DLC. I love cargo, but you can't really play cargo on the DLC because of the playlist.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Thats the reason I didn't buy the last two DLC's. I wanted more Cargo maps. Dice substitutes actual content with special powers you can carry around.

You know that the death star has cargo right? Bespin is the one lacking that mode.
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    Atsu_Kana wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Thats the reason I didn't buy the last two DLC's. I wanted more Cargo maps. Dice substitutes actual content with special powers you can carry around.

You know that the death star has cargo right? Bespin is the one lacking that mode.

It does now anyway. Now DS needs another mode with heroes in it...
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Agreed.
    xbox one: ST0RK | clan: Rogue
  • I wish they would put all the dlc maps in rotation with the vanilla or at least work out a way for season pass holders to just select the game mode they want. I truely dislike the game mode rotation nonsense.
  • Aggress wrote: »
    I wish they would put all the dlc maps in rotation with the vanilla or at least work out a way for season pass holders to just select the game mode they want. I truely dislike the game mode rotation nonsense.

+1

This would make the game a lot more enjoyable imo. Just put all the DLC maps into the mode rotations rather than put them in their own DLC playlist. That way, people can play what they actually want to play and have the DLC maps included in the rotation.
    I'm just an imperial fangirl. | PSN: FathomEnigma1 | "Glory goes only to the Empire."
  • you cant put the cargo map dlc in with the vanilla, as they all have different player counts.

vanilla 6 v 6, OR 8 v 8, Bespin (there are cargo maps/games in private matches on Bespin) 12 v 12. I would imagine the different player counts make it difficult to blend them all in.

I love cargo, and it would be fantastic to have the dlc included in the rotation, but don't think it will ever happen unfortunately
  • RogueMammalX
    503 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Docb wrote: »
    you cant put the cargo map dlc in with the vanilla, as they all have different player counts.

vanilla 6 v 6, OR 8 v 8, Bespin (there are cargo maps/games in private matches on Bespin) 12 v 12. I would imagine the different player counts make it difficult to blend them all in.

I love cargo, and it would be fantastic to have the dlc included in the rotation, but don't think it will ever happen unfortunately

The player count issue is not insurmountable. If you're going from smaller player counts to a larger map, it's not an issue at all. (And players could be added mid game, as per usual.) If you're going from a big map to smaller, some players would just have to skip that map... the ones not in a game party together, ideally.

Cargo on Scarif could be awesome.

Since when are there any Cargo maps on Bespin?? I think you dreamed that.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • Aggress wrote: »
    I wish they would put all the dlc maps in rotation with the vanilla or at least work out a way for season pass holders to just select the game mode they want. I truely dislike the game mode rotation nonsense.

This. For any DLC map and mode. Season pass is over. (I am one of them). Push the maps and modes into vanilla and stop the silly playlist nonsense. This would add players to the rotations so you wouldn't need a playlist anyways. THAT is what they messed up the most in the DLC.
  • Cargo would be interesting onSulfur fields or Swamp Crash site. Although I hate Dune Sea exchange it could work there as well
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Docb
    58 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    [

[/quote]

if you have a private match on bespin, it is a choosable game mode.

I know the player count is something that could be sorted, just feel now the game is effectively dead as far as support is concerned, Dice wont put any effort in to trying to sort it for one game mode.
  • Docb wrote: »
    [

if you have a private match on bespin, it is a choosable game mode.

I know the player count is something that could be sorted, just feel now the game is effectively dead as far as support is concerned, Dice wont put any effort in to trying to sort it for one game mode.[/quote]

Really its a Bespin PM mode?Could be a fun thing
  • Docb
    58 posts Member
    think it is also possible on death star, but haven't checked
    think it is also possible on death star, but haven't checked

There's Cargo on DS in multiplayer and private matches after the Scarif patch
    I'm just an imperial fangirl. | PSN: FathomEnigma1 | "Glory goes only to the Empire."
  • Docb
    58 posts Member
    Checked last night, there are cargo maps for Bespin in private matches, knew I wasn't imagining it.

I played one a while ago now, carbonite chamber. was a lot of fun, although I did manage to get lost quite a bit.

I assume they didn't release cargo on bespin in the normal rotation because Bespin was "sold" by EA/Dice as a "large map" DLC, which it quite plainly isn't.

• If you're going from a big map to smaller, some players would just have to skip that map... the ones not in a game party together, ideally.

Yeah, that's what this game needs. Another way to make parties annoying to solo players.
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Cargo would be interesting onSulfur fields or Swamp Crash site. Although I hate Dune Sea exchange it could work there as well

I think it would actually work pretty well on Swamp Crash Site too.
  • If you're going from a big map to smaller, some players would just have to skip that map... the ones not in a game party together, ideally.

Yeah, that's what this game needs. Another way to make parties annoying to solo players.

Hmm, see if only they had in game mic chat that wouldn't be so much of an issue. The only thing I can say is maybe try to branch out and find people to play with?
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • RogueMammalX
    503 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    If you're going from a big map to smaller, some players would just have to skip that map... the ones not in a game party together, ideally.

I like playing solo as well as in a group, so I know what you mean.

But if there's a better solution to the player count problem than that, I haven't heard it. The whole point is to get rid of the forced DLC playlists.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • You could just reduce the party size allowed in smaller modes to prevent teams of 3+ dominating the team of randoms. Or simply increase or reduce the number of players for cargo.
  • DrVictorDoom
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    What I find funny is that on Mario Kart 8, Nintendo offers players who own their DLC the choice to add those tracks into rotation or not and the people who don't have it stick to the vanilla tracks.

I know it's different with BF with all the modes to chose from but it can be done, they just won't and it's frustrating.
  • Such a shame that how they have treated my beloved game mode.

I deserve better. *cries in 6 maps*
    Checked last night, there are cargo maps for Bespin in private matches, knew I wasn't imagining it.

Confirmed! Hoping to play them tonight. B)
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)