criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Star Wars Battlefront and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

The Future of STAR WARS Battlefront in 2017

Prev134
Sledgehammer70
762 posts Community Manager
Looking ahead…

rendition1.img.jpg

You've stormed Echo Base countless times, scored a thousand victories in the battered cockpit of an A-Wing fighter, and overthrown legions of Stormtroopers as a hero of the Rebel Alliance. All the while, you've been providing the team at DICE with your feedback and insight.

We've been carefully reading your suggestions on forums, reviewing your feedback on social pages, and using your input to help drive us in creating more authentic Star Wars™ experiences. The latest January patch introduced important tweaks and balance fixes, addressing many of your key concerns.

While no future Skirmish content is planned, DICE isn't done with Star Wars - the team has shifted its focus to creating the next great Star Wars game, a collaborative effort between three world-class studios: DICE, Criterion, and Motive. We look forward to sharing more with you later this year and thank you for being such a tremendous support of our work in a galaxy far, far away.

Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• While extremely disappointed that there is no skirmish update planned, I am ecstatic to hear that there will be multiple eras, more locations and more heroes! I was expecting to wait until BF2 to get the stuff we want. Makes sense, I'd rather get more stuff in a new game than this buggy thing. Looking forward to it.
  • hope this means well get multi era in Battlefront give us some prequel love! Battlefront has always been " the entire saga" so i hope that is where we are going again.
  • Really? Wow....I mean...you got a wrath of people about to hit this thread.

Inb4?
  • If you guys, aka DICE, Criterion, and Motive, ever do focus on the prequels I am sure contacting the 501st Legion would greatly help considering they pride themselves on movie quality props and costumes. They are also recognized by Disney as an official Star Wars group and members can be found all over the globe.
  • Joonlar
    1104 posts Member
    Doesn't say much
  • "Thank you for playing Betafront™"
  • i spend $110 on day 1 on this game and at the end of the road I feel empty , battlefront should be more like Battlefield deep and more tactic i said that before battlefront came out. I do not even want to play rogue one dlc because I know I get bored fast, I have enjoyed more bf1 in these months than more than 1 year with battlefront,
    im abig fan of starwars that why i buy the game on day one please do it more like bf1 even I prefer less graphical detail but more depth tactical variety and cooperative vehicles, classes, etc.
  • JarJarJohnson
    1 posts Member
    edited February 1
    Please Please Please, before you completely leave the game alone, make the Darth Vader minigame (that you play while you download extra content) avalible for us to play in game at any time!!! I feel like just deleting and reinstalling content just so I can play it sometimes!!!! You have already made it, so just put it in the menu, IT'S SO EASY.

And if your feeling extra generous, make it playable with all heroes, even if the map is just the hoth base. I'd love to destroy infinite waves of enemies with the invincible heroes, offline.

One more thing for the old game... Come on...
    I feel like Luke on Bespin, clinging to the comms. mast (and the possibility of more content for Battlefront). <3
  • So this basically means, support dropped for Battlefront 1, no more patches? Then why did u guys ask for the January update feedback?
  • Looking ahead…

rendition1.img.jpg

You've stormed Echo Base countless times, scored a thousand victories in the battered cockpit of an A-Wing fighter, and overthrown legions of Stormtroopers as a hero of the Rebel Alliance. All the while, you've been providing the team at DICE with your feedback and insight.

We've been carefully reading your suggestions on forums, reviewing your feedback on social pages, and using your input to help drive us in creating more authentic Star Wars™ experiences. The latest January patch introduced important tweaks and balance fixes, addressing many of your key concerns.

While no future Skirmish content is planned, DICE isn't done with Star Wars - the team has shifted its focus to creating the next great Star Wars game, a collaborative effort between three world-class studios: DICE, Criterion, and Motive. We look forward to sharing more with you later this year and thank you for being such a tremendous support of our work in a galaxy far, far away.

Even though this news is not surprising, it's still extremely upsetting. Battlefront is not a complete game, and I had hoped we'd be able to convince you guys not to abandon it. Every portion of the game is missing something, and there are glitches, bugs and other issues that still need to be fixed. And now, these issues aren't going to be addressed?

There's also the very serious problem with players not being able to play the maps and game modes they paid for because of the fact Battlefront focuses too much on online multiplayer coupled with the fact there are too few players playing online. These problems are especially severe on the PC version (which also has a major problem with cheaters; FairFight has proven to be woefully inadequate). This isn't right. We paid for this stuff for crying out loud. The least that could be done is allowing us to play all maps and game modes in Skirmish with our multiplayer skins and the two missing Hero vehicles. Then there's the issue with players being unable to unlock achievements, diorama pieces, Hutt contracts, etc. because of the aforementioned issues.

EA, LFL and Disney screwed up big time by giving DICE and Battlefront such a short develop period. All because they wanted it ready for Episode VII's theatrical release? It was way too soon. Battlefront needed at least another one to two years of development time. I love Battlefront. It's an amazing game, but it's incomplete and there are still problems that need to be fixed. I don't want to see it's potential go to waste.
    xV1kToRx wrote: »
    i spend $110 on day 1 on this game and at the end of the road I feel empty , battlefront should be more like Battlefield deep and more tactic i said that before battlefront came out. I do not even want to play rogue one dlc because I know I get bored fast, I have enjoyed more bf1 in these months than more than 1 year with battlefront,
    im abig fan of starwars that why i buy the game on day one please do it more like bf1 even I prefer less graphical detail but more depth tactical variety and cooperative vehicles, classes, etc.

^This. I can't stress this enough. Ever since Battlefield 1942 I wanted a Star Wars equivalent. Pandemic's first two Battlefront games were extremely disappointing for me for a number of reasons. One of them being they simply didn't feel like Star Wars. DICE's Battlefront has the feeling, but it doesn't have the gameplay, depth, content, scale, destruction, freedom, complexity and just the overall quality of their Battlefield series. Battlefront needs all that. Battlefield 1 is a terrific example of what makes the Battlefield series so incredible, and why we need that kind of approach for Battlefront. We deserve better. Battlefront deserves better.
    "All wings report in."

My Top 5 Favorite Starfighters:
    1. BTL-A4
    2. BTL-B
    3. BTL-S3
    4. BTL-S3t
    5. BTL-A4 LP
    ;)
  • Thank you @Sledgehammer70 for telling us what not to expect.

I can't actually complain about lack of support for this game, after all those monthly updates, DLC updates, free maps, hero costume events and occasional standalone Hutt contracts.

While I appreciate that a lot of balancing issues have been addressed over the year, I have to criticize that a lot of new balancing issues were unnecessarily / carelessly created by unsolicited additions or changes of functional mechanisms.
    Despite the efforts to balance the game I feel that the gameplay is more unbalanced now than it was at launch because of such changes and additions. For example:
    - Heroes are more difficult to kill now for regular infantry.
    - People can go on 40+ killstreaks with Bacta and Bodyguard in small modes.

Are pending balancing issues still a thing being looked into?

Another pressing or pending issue would be a satisfying final resolution for the DLC playlists.
    As a Season Pass holder I'd really like to see the Season Pass / DLC maps gradually transferred to the Vanilla game mode map rotations, just to end the inconvenience of the playlist.
    Outer Rim was released almost a year ago. I don't see much reason why the maps should remain exclusive forever.

Would this DLC transfer to vanilla also be a thing not going to happen?

For future releases it should be considered to divide DLC content into two packs instead of four to minimize playerbase segregation and avoid the necessity of such playlists.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us posted and best regards to the team for this game which - despite its flaws - I've had incredible fun with.
  • 250 hours of playtime. Have it uninstalled since late nov 2016. Yes, its already bye bye. Battlefield 4 is still fun. But no, not Battlefront. I paid 50 euro for this game. I was one of the smart ones. I played the game, kind of alot in one year, it was fun, but no extremly fun since I could not make my friends play it. I have tested your dlc and found it lacking. For a great Star Wars game I would happly pay 120 euro for, I spent like 500 euro on TOR, so yes, for stuff I like, I pay. But you guys, with this game, I call it a failure.
    I love Star Wars and I love to play games. Combining them is pure joy. But EA has failed for years now trying to get hold of my money that I am so willing to use. To bad for them Im not ****.
    Wilfer88, Sith Lord and warrior from the forrest of Hälsingland.
  • While extremely disappointed that there is no skirmish update planned, I am ecstatic to hear that there will be multiple eras, more locations and more heroes! I was expecting to wait until BF2 to get the stuff we want. Makes sense, I'd rather get more stuff in a new game than this buggy thing. Looking forward to it.

• Didn't get anything like that from that message. The message didn't really say much at all.
  • EA/Dice can go jump off a cliff for all I care. Just add the DLC content to skirmish and i'd be perfectly happy with the state of the game. Heck, i'd even consider getting the sequel? but now, no way in **** am I gonna support such crooked people.
  • @Sledgehammer70 !!!!!!

Can you make a 7v7 heroes vs villains. JUST REAL QUICK THROW IT IN THERE!

I know hero blast is kind of a scraped project, but i just wanna have a fight with all heroes at once! It would epic EA!!!

Everybody wants it! Just do it and then leave the game behind!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
  • Or at least 5v5, no infantry.
  • Indiana_Jim
    815 posts Member
    edited February 2
    Jen27Jen wrote: »
    Didn't get anything like that from that message. The message didn't really say much at all.

C3iR9zNXUAAkHpl.jpg:large

This quote came from the quarterly earnings call.
  • Ronne
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2
    I hope this new Battlefront include the prequels era, the clone wars!!
  • Ronne wrote: »
    I hope this new Battlefront include the prequels era, the clone wars!!

If they say "multiple Star Wars eras," I would hope it doesn't mean just two. I would think they'll cover the ones surrounding the films.
  • With three development teams working on it, we better get something good. It won't be easy to explain how a collaboration between three companies would result in a bad game.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    For my ally is The Force, and a powerful ally it is.
    58eeba42a6cf8268045751.gif
  • Obi-Wan must be in the next game.. Yoda also
  • Prequel Obi-Wan or OT Obi-Wan? I'd prefer prequel Obi-Wan. Yoda.... meh.
  • So disappointing. How can u muppets seriously claim to be "reviewing" our feedback and "using" our "input" when we have been screaming for more skirmish since its release. Don't insult us further by pretending to be interested in what we want. Adios EA/Dice, over my dead body will you see more of my money on your sequel.
    Was On The List but is not anymore.
  • Prequel Obi-Wan or OT Obi-Wan? I'd prefer prequel Obi-Wan. Yoda.... meh.

Prequel Obi-Wan obviously.