criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Future of STAR WARS Battlefront in 2017

2Next

Replies

• Well, upside of this game, I got a baddass Darth Vader PS4. Down side, Disney got their money grubbing hands on it and ruined what was going to be an amazing game. Everyone is dissing EA but they get the orders from higher up. The game wasn't rushed by them. It was Disney that made them rush it. As long as the mouse keeps his nose in his cocaine and out of BF2, the game will be solid.
  • How can you go from "We've been carefully reading your suggestions on forums, reviewing your feedback on social pages, and using your input to help drive us in creating more authentic Star Wars™ experiences" and then just a few sentences later say "no future Skirmish content is planned" ...

No, you clearly haven't been reading suggestions or reviewing feedback or else you would know that a lot of people want more Skirmish, you got our hopes up when you added it and now you're just leaving it empty. It's simple to work out that the more offline content the game has the longer people will be playing/buying it, and the more people will be likely to buy the sequel.

We want you to do well, we want you to keep making these games, we just want you to finish what you start when you do.
  • Without finishing the current Battlefront with a proper PS4 Pro patch I doubt I'll invest any more money in future games by these jokers.
  • How can you go from "We've been carefully reading your suggestions on forums, reviewing your feedback on social pages, and using your input to help drive us in creating more authentic Star Wars™ experiences" and then just a few sentences later say "no future Skirmish content is planned" ...

No, you clearly haven't been reading suggestions or reviewing feedback or else you would know that a lot of people want more Skirmish, you got our hopes up when you added it and now you're just leaving it empty. It's simple to work out that the more offline content the game has the longer people will be playing/buying it, and the more people will be likely to buy the sequel.

We want you to do well, we want you to keep making these games, we just want you to finish what you start when you do.

^This. Well said, KhaosByDesign.

Battlefront is fantastic, but it's incomplete. Aside from desperately needing more content, there are issues like imbalances and bugs that still need to be addressed. Some of these issues have gone unattended since launch. Please DICE, don't let this game end in this state.
    "All wings report in."
  • Please EA. Let there be Skirmish with all maps and modes at the beginning at launch.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.

"Reading your suggestions" doesn't mean the same as "we're going to give you everything you want for the previous game." It could, however, mean like you say: that they realize they need more offline content for the sequel. It would be ridiculous for them to put so much work into the old title at this point.
    #VestedinVesti #InTrydlingWeTrust #DennistheDefinitive #BettingonBen
    BFForumsSig_2.png

• "Reading your suggestions" doesn't mean the same as "we're going to give you everything you want for the previous game." It could, however, mean like you say: that they realize they need more offline content for the sequel. It would be ridiculous for them to put so much work into the old title at this point.

I agree and i'm hoping that there will be more in the sequel, but at the same time the thing i'm not happy about is that the content already exists within the game, content that people have payed for through the arguably overpriced season pass is locked into the multiplayer so when the multiplayer community migrates it won't be playable anymore.

When people have payed for content it shouldn't only be available for a limited period, if you own a game you should be able to play all of it, months or even years later; I can go onto Battlefront 1 & 2 (Pandemic versions) and play every mode and every map even though the servers have been down for years and I think games these days (not just Battlefront) don't realise that that is a real selling point for fans.

• So 343 Studios announced last week that all future Halo shooters would include split screen multiplayer because the backlash from the lack of split screen in Halo 5 was so strong. I wish DICE would announce that all future Battlefront games would have a full Skirmish/Instant Action mode in all their games going forward that had all the multiplayer modes and maps playable offline.
  • VakTavish wrote: »
    1300 is a bit too low.. check out swbstats.com/.

4-6k PC
    14-22k XB1
    16-23k PS4

It went on sale since then and was added to EA access. Numbers are back up to a measly 18k.

Most good games out live their support periods, I still play BF3 today. This game is a dead end, EA has good technology, good creative talent but absolutely no clue how to put it together in to a enjoyable game. They need people who know what makes a good game beyond just using photogrammetry and some copy/pasted code from other games.
  • The one thing I would really hope EA and DICE could do before dropping updates and stuff for Battlefront is to open the multiplayer servers for all players.
    We know another Battlefront is coming somewhere down the line, but, to be able to fully enjoy this one outside of USA would be the perfect "send off", in a way, for the game.
    I'm saying that because two days ago I had to refund my Season Pass for the simple reason that I could not play any DLC content.
    I've thought myself lucky for getting to grab a "Deal with gold" on X-Box One and be able to enjoy the Rogue One content and all, but no "dice" (pun intended).
    Outside USA the servers situation is shady at best, with long waiting times to get a match in almost all game modes, and more often than not, not being able to play at all.
    Even if you're lucky enough to find a match, the low speed of the servers and lagging takes out all the fun in the game.
    It's really frustrating to have to rely on youtube or twitch to get the chance to see the gameplay of the DLC packages and not get the chance to play it for ourselves.
    I've been a fan of Star Wars for the past 32 years and it really breaks my heart to be locked out of the experience of enjoying a game that captures the looks and feel of something I cherish so much.
  • After SWBF & BF1 were such huge disappointments to me, the "next great Star Wars game" will be a clear NO BUY for me. I just returned to Battlefront with the Seasons pass on sale to give it another try, but I instantly remembered, why I uninstalled the game a year ago. Thx DICE, for making the most frustrating games this gen!
  • Still nothing is happening.
  • dijedi
    14 posts Member

They do not comment any more? I'll have to put the cd in the trash? Starwars??????
  • it need more destruction, and more star destroyers and AT-AT walkers, please ea dice no star cards and hero pick ups, the emotes are **** useless i never use it in the game like never, be more realistic and have a open mind do a lot of research of the old games like star wars battlefront 1 and 2, star wars rogue squadron 1,2,3. Also the clone wars series, it needs more maps, planets, and weapons, it needs customization designs like the clone troopers and can you make create your character. And more battles and wars.please don't make the new battlefront 2 repetitive.and last, more heroes please. Don't disappoint us on the next battlefront 2 game
  • Are there any plans to bring the DLC maps and modes to single player? It's such a waste of money to buy the season pass when you can't even use the content because of the lack of players. I bought it when the Death Star came out, and since then, I've still only found one or two matches that use Bespin and Outer Rim
  • Yepp, embarassing to see them talking about "the next great Star Wars game" before they actually fixed the current one. SERVERS, BALANCE, HACKERS (PC), what a mess. NO Fun.
  • dijedi
    14 posts Member
    Stop asking "please"
  • I have reinstall the game there will be no updates for the old battlefront lol
  • So disappointing. How can u muppets seriously claim to be "reviewing" our feedback and "using" our "input" when we have been screaming for more skirmish since its release. Don't insult us further by pretending to be interested in what we want. Adios EA/Dice, over my dead body will you see more of my money on your sequel.

so right
  • Wilfer88 wrote: »
    250 hours of playtime. Have it uninstalled since late nov 2016. Yes, its already bye bye. Battlefield 4 is still fun. But no, not Battlefront. I paid 50 euro for this game. I was one of the smart ones. I played the game, kind of alot in one year, it was fun, but no extremly fun since I could not make my friends play it. I have tested your dlc and found it lacking. For a great Star Wars game I would happly pay 120 euro for, I spent like 500 euro on TOR, so yes, for stuff I like, I pay. But you guys, with this game, I call it a failure.
    I love Star Wars and I love to play games. Combining them is pure joy. But EA has failed for years now trying to get hold of my money that I am so willing to use. To bad for them Im not ****.

i just install it again i remove it last year
  • VakTavish wrote: »
    So this basically means, support dropped for Battlefront 1, no more patches? Then why did u guys ask for the January update feedback?

so right
  • After SWBF & BF1 were such huge disappointments to me, the "next great Star Wars game" will be a clear NO BUY for me. I just returned to Battlefront with the Seasons pass on sale to give it another try, but I instantly remembered, why I uninstalled the game a year ago. Thx DICE, for making the most frustrating games this gen!

they were rushing it of New Hope 2.0 of ep7 that is why i do not why i am installing it again
  • Yepp, embarassing to see them talking about "the next great Star Wars game" before they actually fixed the current one. SERVERS, BALANCE, HACKERS (PC), what a mess. NO Fun.

i know right

so true
  • Disappointed.
  • A new hope is that player base is not as divided as it has been with previous title.
  • oyo
    1 posts Member
    B) thug life !
  • Whodunnit
    5278 posts Member
    oyo wrote: »
    B) thug life !

Battlefront II has a 33.1% chance of success.
  • kodi41
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    The one thing I would really hope EA and DICE could do before dropping updates and stuff for Battlefront is to open the multiplayer servers for all players.
    We know another Battlefront is coming somewhere down the line, but, to be able to fully enjoy this one outside of USA would be the perfect "send off", in a way, for the game.
    I'm saying that because two days ago I had to refund my Season Pass for the simple reason that I could not play any DLC content.
    I've thought myself lucky for getting to grab a "Deal with gold" on X-Box One and be able to enjoy the Rogue One content and all, but no "dice" (pun intended).
    Outside USA the servers situation is shady at best, with long waiting times to get a match in almost all game modes, and more often than not, not being able to play at all.
    Even if you're lucky enough to find a match, the low speed of the servers and lagging takes out all the fun in the game.
    It's really frustrating to have to rely on youtube or twitch to get the chance to see the gameplay of the DLC packages and not get the chance to play it for ourselves.
    I've been a fan of Star Wars for the past 32 years and it really breaks my heart to be locked out of the experience of enjoying a game that captures the looks and feel of something I cherish so much.

I couldn't agree more, I've been here since beta and I have seen the game go down hill ever since. ESP. when EA/DICE changed the way the flying platform functioned, flying used to be fun, now it sucks. What they did to the tie interceptor fighter was a joke. (no ion torpedoes? seriously?)

Lest I mention the very large numbers of hackers/cheaters/modders that have ruined the game for most players, esp. the newer players. Unless you are well skilled you have no chance against these h/c/m players. Also, this "partner" ideology of sharing my hard earned ad on's is joke.

As well, terrible connection rates, I have Cox cables fastest available connection rate (350/60 mbps) and the game most times is very laggy. I have gone as far having Cox engineering come out to my home and test every thing, Cox states it's ON EA's side not my connection. I mean sometimes I cant even find a game to get into. ****, all this money on a game, and there is no game to play?

My PC is a twin cpu , xeons i7, with 192 gb ram, and dual 1070's, with 16 tb of ssd. Done every thing possible to make this game run better. Nope. no luck.

I think part of the problem, is that PC shares bandwidth with XBOX and PlayStation, but I could be wrong.

Reporting to EA is an outright joke, as when you call you get some foreigner who can barely speak English. And even they tell you, "yes the game is hacked, but there is nothing they can do about it". REALLY?

I even wrote to Disney, and sent them video of the game play, lack of support, ect. I received no return response, Big surprise there, yea.

And now you want me to trust that you are going to provide me with a better game? Seriously?

EA, you didn't finish the current game you have, and it's buggy as all get out- why would I buy from you again?

My advice, fire whom ever is in charge of the Star wars gaming effort and get someone who actually plays the dam game online with a regular connection rate like we players do, off site of the EA/DICE, whatever, work environment. Then you might understand what we players are saying, and then, perhaps, you might actually understand what to REALLY fix.
    Post edited by kodi41 on
  • kodi41
    3 posts Member
    Oh, and one last thing I forgot to mention. EVERY EA game is a hackers paradise, they always have been (BF 1.2.3. onward). Maybe if you fixed this- a newly coded game perhaps that isn't using previous game code dolled up to look new, you could/would solve 75% of your problems. After all, you guys are the coding experts, you create this content- can you not protect it?

Just think about it, happy game players make YOU money, unhappy gamers, well you get the idea.
  • IronSoldier
    1392 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    kodi41 wrote: »

The links you have provided are for the original star wars battlefront games exacept for the gamespot one which is just tutorials as to how to do the missions. You haven't actually pointed out proof of cheats. Either way, I wouldn't advise you to. You're not allowed to name and shame players here nor are you allowed to link to real cheats (counts as advertising).

they were rushing it of New Hope 2.0 of ep7 that is why i do not why i am installing it again

very true lol haha we will all going to get it lol
  • I hope DICE eliminate all the hacks for Battlefront 2!
    " There's no art to find a mind's construction in the face! "

W. Shakespeare Macbeth: Act I Scene IV

CPU: Intel Core I7 3770K @ 3.90 Ghz
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW 2GB DDR5 02G-P4-2678-KR
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H
    Mem RAM: G. Skill DDR3 @ 1600Mhz ( 9-9-9-24 ) 16 Gb Dual-Channel
    Storage: Intel 330 Series SSD 120 GB &
    HD Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 1 TB
    Power Supply: XFX Pro650 W
    Case: Corsair Carbide 400R
    Optical Drive: BD-RE LG WH14NS40
    Monitor: Sony LED TV KDL40R335B 40'