criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

FLIGHT CONTROLS for Battlefront 2017

Hello battlefrontians!
I'm a pilot of 737 in Japan.

I feel a flight control for star fighter in the 1st Battlefront by DICE is so light to move, very simple but difficult to control because a star fighter moves easily to left or right like a beautiful ballerina.
Because of that, I couldn't feel " oh I'm flying X-Wing and fighting against Empire as a rebellion!!" but " This is not X-Wing, this is a baloon..." especially in the cockpit view. Many Battlefrontians will have a same feeling.

That's not DICE's fault. According to interview for producer, DICE made BF 2015 for all people like no-experienced, beginner, padawan and master. Maybe DICE made this control way for a non experienced shooting game or beginner because they will become customers in future for EA.

This time, for new Battlefront, I will be happy if DICE add flight controls seen in Battlefield 4 which have a rolling, more reality and more maneuverability than 1st Battlefront!

DICE, you are my only hope.
All battlefrontians, may the force be with you always. And I'm sorry for my bad English.

Replies

• I agree

They should keep the existing controls and add the 'advanced' set as another option

It worked in Ace Combat: Infinity, it can work here.
    Add 2551 to my post count
    ru0TXZb.gif
  • Agreed. There should be a way to make the piloting in the game more skillful. It's way too easy to use ships in this game and I get why. This Battlefront should stay the same for anyone to play, but the next one should be more advanced and skillful.
  • +1000 hues.

I want to feel like I'm piloting something.
  • If there were a way for The developers to Duplicate the flight controls for lets same a game like Battlefield,That would bring soo much more immersion to flying especially in space combat.
  • Yea, keep the current system, but allow for more advanced controls for people who are used to games like battlefield
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • totally agree. flying a tie fighter/x-wing should be one of the most enjoyable things you can do in a star wars game, and it currently falls very flat.
  • I just don't want controls that are too complex. I really liked the flight controls in the Rogue Squadron games,aybe something similar could work here.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • They should make the controls more like they were in the original Battlefront II by Pandemic. I don't want realistic flight simulator controls; I prefer something more along the lines of Star Wars: Rogue Squadron or Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, with an emphasis on action over realistic flight mechanics.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • They should make the controls more like they were in the original Battlefront II by Pandemic. I don't want realistic flight simulator controls; I prefer something more along the lines of Star Wars: Rogue Squadron or Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, with an emphasis on action over realistic flight mechanics.

That could work.It allows for a skilled pilot to do well but is not too difficult to learn for new comers
  • C'mon EA, even a lego game that came out like 6 yrs ahead grasped this concept better than you!

No more fighter squadron with a space backdrop and a few debris.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • yup_yuc wrote: »
    Hello battlefrontians!
    I'm a pilot of 737 in Japan.

I feel a flight control for star fighter in the 1st Battlefront by DICE is so light to move, very simple but difficult to control because a star fighter moves easily to left or right like a beautiful ballerina.
    Because of that, I couldn't feel " oh I'm flying X-Wing and fighting against Empire as a rebellion!!" but " This is not X-Wing, this is a baloon..." especially in the cockpit view. Many Battlefrontians will have a same feeling.

That's not DICE's fault. According to interview for producer, DICE made BF 2015 for all people like no-experienced, beginner, padawan and master. Maybe DICE made this control way for a non experienced shooting game or beginner because they will become customers in future for EA.

This time, for new Battlefront, I will be happy if DICE add flight controls seen in Battlefield 4 which have a rolling, more reality and more maneuverability than 1st Battlefront!

DICE, you are my only hope.
    All battlefrontians, may the force be with you always. And I'm sorry for my bad English.

Agreed with this!
  • Agreed. There should be a way to make the piloting in the game more skillful. It's way too easy to use ships in this game and I get why. This Battlefront should stay the same for anyone to play, but the next one should be more advanced and skillful.
    +1000 hues.

I want to feel like I'm piloting something.

• I would like the control to be a little deeper but don't want to play a flight sim either.
  • "I got a good idea here. "
    Biggs: Eject!
    "I can totally agree."
    Biggs: Pull up!
    "No, I'm all right boom"
  • I would like the control to be a little deeper but don't want to play a flight sim either.

This is my view. Battlefront never had a flying mechanic that was super hard to master, so I don't see why they'd make it super realistic now. I don't fly jets in Battlefield because it's not worth taking the time to really learn how to fly it well when I can have just as much fun playing a tank or even foot soldier. I don't want them to make the controls into something that dissuades people from even trying the starfighters.

That being said, the ability to roll by itself would go a long way
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Personally, I want them to get rid of lock on.
  • I just want it to feel more like flying, better physics. Now it's this arcadey thing that just goes in a straight line, at the same pace, in atmosphere or space, and doesn't have any thrill to it. I want performing an Immelmann and skimming the ground to have some drama to it, a bigger margin for error that means that exceptional manoeuvres are upload-worthy.
  • yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    consoles. they made the game so it could handle console controller to control everything. this is why there is an aim assist in console versions. that also has a bearing on how fighters handle in the game. i have no issues controlling it on pc because im using an xbox wired usb controller to play the game.

if you want a good near flight sim but still a game wait for ace combat 7 to come out this year.

now if EA were to look at the old ace combat games like ace combat 4, 5 and zero: the belkan war, and do something like that instead of the hideous hawx rubbish you would have a kick **** flight combat game.
    invalid brain token
  • Lock on should be included, its star wars. However it should take time to acquire a lock on, giving enemy time to evade.
  • bfloo
    13305 posts Member
    Lock on isn't even dependable. I need to adjust my aim to hit anything.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I would like to see a targeting computer for optional use in appropriate combat situations. I'd also like the ability to take off from a capital ship or base, and travel out of an atmosphere, and/or through hyperspace with the fleet, into various battle scenarios.