criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

More VR in BF2

I just noticed something in the update (below), Criterion, the guys responsible for the current VR mission are on board for BF2.

I didn't get chance to try the PS VR mission, but it's interesting that they're working on the sequel.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/future-of-battlefront-2017

Replies

• That would be TOTALLY WELCOMED

Huh @Trooper8059 ol boy. 8)
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    That would be TOTALLY WELCOMED

Huh @Trooper8059 ol boy. 8)

Indeed. Especially with the AIM controller coming out in May, I'd love to see some hands on Star Wars ground combat in VR.

I'm also still hoping we get a Podracing VR game sometime in the future.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    My guess is that they'll work the vehicles part of things , not on the VR

What gives you that idea? All I know from their involvement in BF so far is they put together the VR addition, I haven't read everything though.
  • SAmulticore
    3317 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    My guess is that they'll work the vehicles part of things , not on the VR

What gives you that idea? All I know from their involvement in BF so far is they put together the VR addition, I haven't read everything though.

They worked on the speed bikes and the X-wing VR mission . and a lot of people say that the controls from the VR are much better than the one from the game itself

I know as much as you man :joy: , just a wild guess . but seeing how they promissed ''more vehicles'' and how they already hinted on enterable vehicles (which could indicate to conquest in space , where you can jump from capital ship to capital ship and being able to attack from inside) makes me think that they're going ham on the vehicles/Capital ships , and seeing how shallow the vehicles/space combat is in this battlefront , my guess is that they needed another studio to help them
    Yeah , i may be too optimistic , but its a possibility right ?

Hey I'd take it, I don't want a flight simulator or anything, but better physics and controls for ships would be awesome.

I'm still thinking they've been building up towards a solid Star Wars VR experience, and BF seems like as good a good vehicle as any for it :)
  • I just hope they don't make VR a requirement to play. I can't afford to shell out $500+ for it

• They wouldn't do that..

Resident Evil just came out..
    You can switch between vr and normal mode at anytime
  • koldovi2013
    453 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    What do you think about a game mode of VR exclusive? Or a mode were you can play with or without it
    With soldiers, some heroes and vehicles
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    I don't think the tech is quit there yet for a full on fps multiplayer game.
    Farpoint is coming out soon with "missions" for multiplayer VR (not the entire game)which will be the first team play ..like in a fps ..but it's against AI and not each other

Most shooter games in VR are on rails and against AI..

But to answer back...yes I would love a FULL ON VR MODE
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    I would invest in the playstation vr set if it was in all aspects of bf2. one mission is just not enough for me .
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Great. Drop time and money in a feature only a handful of people wanted and got. Just like Skirmish.
  • SAmulticore
    3317 posts Member
    Necromancy!

WHAT DEVILRY IS THIS?
  • SAmulticore
    3317 posts Member
    IT IS UNNATURAL YOU MARK MY WORDS THERE WILL BE DARK CONSEQUENCES
  • ZmanGames
    417 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I just noticed something in the update (below), Criterion, the guys responsible for the current VR mission are on board for BF2.

I didn't get chance to try the PS VR mission, but it's interesting that they're working on the sequel.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/future-of-battlefront-2017

VR could work great in Battlefront II even in the multiplayer. Obviously, you wouldn't be able to play infantry in VR, but air vehicles could work great for VR. In the space battles mode, they could allow you to play in the first person with a VR headset against players who don't use VR. Or they could include this in a first person only space combat mode if they decided to make one.

EDIT: If they do actually add VR support, it shouldn't only be for PSVR, PC users should be able to use the Rift and Vive if they so desire.
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."