criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Will You Pre-Order the Next Star Wars Battlefront Game? Yes or No?

Prev13
No!

But if the game has more content at launch and is better than the 2015 game, then I will buy it.

Replies

• Whodunnit
    5547 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    No!

But if the game has more content at launch and is better than the 2015 game, then I will buy it.

It will. But that's not enough for me to buy it.
    I mean it has to be a lot better and has to offer a lot more content.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • No pre-order here.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • nope. as a general rule of thumb, i think pre-ordering anything is a terrible idea.
  • No pre-order for this guy, and Schweinwinder makes a good point. The whole pre-order mechanism is garbage and has been abused by the gaming industry.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    They can give it everything they got, even CW, not happening. Didn't pre-order the first one, not pre-ordering this one.

Remembering this game's journey and the Scarif patch damage left for a month and a half was too much for me to forget.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Remembering this game's journey and the Scarif patch damage left for a month and a half was too much for me to forget.

Yeah, that was really bad.
  • they have A LOT to prove if they want even 5 bucks down from me before hand.

depends what they do for Pre Orders too, doubt it will be anything good tho like how, idk, Mortal Kombat/Injustice gives you a free character
  • No. I learned my lesson. I will not pay for anything until I see or read reviews. If the consensus is good, then I will not hesitate to buy it. I will also not blindly pre-order for "bonuses or Day 1 DLC or 2 week early access or emotes or exclusive skins" because I simply didn't care for them or even end up using those bonuses/exclusives in this current version of Battlefront.

I will also not purchase any DLC/Season Pass until they announce and show what is included.
  • Nope. If this next game has a forced playlist, slow loading times, segregated DLC I won't be buying it.
  • Only if they game is confirmed to have Instant Action for every game mode and map at launch. That means the ability to play solo, offline multiplayer with AI bots just like in the original games. Any and all DLC content should have this as well, with Instant Action/Skirmish support available as soon as they launch.

By far the biggest disappointment with this game was the lack of updates for Skirmish mode, especially where DLC is concerned. The fact that I will never get to play Battle Station or any of the Death Star DLC maps offline in Skirmish has given me serious reservations about buying the sequel.

A single-player campaign mode is not enough; Instant Action is what made the original games infinitely replayable. The best way to live out your Star Wars battle fantasies is undeniably through offline Instant Action, not online competitive multiplayer.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »
    No. I learned my lesson. I will not pay for anything until I see or read reviews. If the consensus is good, then I will not hesitate to buy it. I will also not blindly pre-order for "bonuses or Day 1 DLC or 2 week early access or emotes or exclusive skins" because I simply didn't care for them or even end up using those bonuses/exclusives in this current version of Battlefront.

I will also not purchase any DLC/Season Pass until they announce and show what is included.

This guy! Smart!
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Definitely
    Psn: Jello770
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Jello770 wrote: »
    Definitely

Ouch
  • Only if they game is confirmed to have Instant Action for every game mode and map at launch. That means the ability to play solo, offline multiplayer with AI bots just like in the original games. Any and all DLC content should have this as well, with Instant Action/Skirmish support available as soon as they launch.

By far the biggest disappointment with this game was the lack of updates for Skirmish mode, especially where DLC is concerned. The fact that I will never get to play Battle Station or any of the Death Star DLC maps offline in Skirmish has given me serious reservations about buying the sequel.

A single-player campaign mode is not enough; Instant Action is what made the original games infinitely replayable. The best way to live out your Star Wars battle fantasies is undeniably through offline Instant Action, not online competitive multiplayer.

gotta agree with that, offline, and co-op too, is a big factor for me as well.
    Definitely

Ouch

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Psn: Jello770
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    No. I learned my lesson. I will not pay for anything until I see or read reviews. If the consensus is good, then I will not hesitate to buy it. I will also not blindly pre-order for "bonuses or Day 1 DLC or 2 week early access or emotes or exclusive skins" because I simply didn't care for them or even end up using those bonuses/exclusives in this current version of Battlefront.

I hear ya. I feel the same 100%.
  • Nope. If this next game has a forced playlist, slow loading times, segregated DLC I won't be buying it.

Absolutely agree.
  • By far the biggest disappointment with this game was the lack of updates for Skirmish mode, especially where DLC is concerned. The fact that I will never get to play Battle Station or any of the Death Star DLC maps offline in Skirmish has given me serious reservations about buying the sequel. .

Yes, I agree. The bugs and glitches for Skirmish were easily fixable, such as the ghosting hero pickups on the ground battles and fixing the hitboxes for air vehicles in the mode's Fighter Squadron.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Only if they game is confirmed to have Instant Action for every game mode and map at launch. That means the ability to play solo, offline multiplayer with AI bots just like in the original games. Any and all DLC content should have this as well, with Instant Action/Skirmish support available as soon as they launch.

Yep.

I completely cannot fathom why the DLC Hero Ships never came to Skirmish, like the DLC Heroes did.

If anything, I would have thought that that would happen, over getting other modes for Skirmish.

But nope.

I really don't know why not.
  • CurbUrSkyrImC4
    828 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I'll buy the game used if it's good. I gave them enough money for this game and am not happy at the end result. I gave them a shot and now I will make sure to never give them my money again.

As the saying goes, "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me." Or the GW Bush version perhaps works even better in this scenario, "Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice..... you can't fool me again."

The Star Wars brand might help sell things for now, but over time the market will get too saturated and mediocrity cannot fly. Once they show a record of putting out games that truly last I'll swing by to reconsider my decision.
  • No. I can't trust DICE. I like finished games at release.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• A quote from the CEO:
    "We have every reason to believe we’re delivering fans exactly what they’re asking for with respect for Star Wars games."
    As if...
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • No pre order. No reason anymore to
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    I'll likely give it a week then pick it up second hand
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Joonlar wrote: »
    I'll likely give it a week then pick it up second hand

The plan
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    A quote from the CEO:
    "We have every reason to believe we’re delivering fans exactly what they’re asking for with respect for Star Wars games."
    As if...

Well, they don't.
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    A quote from the CEO:
    As if...

Well, they don't.

That statement....

Are they delusional ?
  • Alvonator wrote: »

Same for me.
  • If there's clone wars; yes
  • Nope, I'll wait until well after beta, launch, reviews and gameplay footage. Then I'll make an educated decision and not just on excitement like the first time.
  • Another definitely NOT here. Maybe buying the game after reviews say it's worth it and there is a special offer.

Season pass NEVER EVER.
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    Definitely

Ouch

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm with you. I'm pre-ordering no matter what.

That's a good sheep.
    OT: Not a chance.
  • Let's see

1. First game was an absolute screw job, even admitted so by EA.
    2. Awful communication from the CM's throughout the whole games release.
    3. Death Star and Scarif DLC's were slapped together.
    4. A year after the first release the game is already being left behind for the next money grab
    5. CM's and Mods admitting they don't give a hoot if EA loses customers and chalk it up to "Oh well no big loss"
    6. Multiple bugs still not fixed and bugs that were fixed are now back.
    7. Best mode extraction limited to one DLC
    8. Game could be had for mere pennies on the dollar only after 3 months of release.

Don't reward them for bending you over on the first one by preordering this more then likely garbage Battlefront 2 release.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Only if the beta is amazing. If not, no.
  • definitely not pre-ordering. With as buggy as the basic game was, and then how thin the last two DLC packs were on content, I'm not giving away my money for another game on the hopes it won't be another year-long beta.
  • definitely not pre-ordering. With as buggy as the basic game was, and then how thin the last two DLC packs were on content, I'm not giving away my money for another game on the hopes it won't be another year-long beta.

It probably will be, a good game takes roughly 3-4 years to make, these guys are rushing it out before the new movie comes out this year, like they did with this current one with the force awakens.

Don't be sheep and let EA bend you over.
  • Abso-friggin-lutely. I own one game. This will make 2. Can understand why the hardcores will wait, but this guy is gonna be pewin on launch day. Because Star Wars.
  • sith420 wrote: »
    Abso-friggin-lutely. I own one game. This will make 2. Can understand why the hardcores will wait, but this guy is gonna be pewin on launch day. Because Star Wars.

On launch day the servers will be down, like always :D
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Abso-friggin-lutely. I own one game. This will make 2. Can understand why the hardcores will wait, but this guy is gonna be pewin on launch day. Because Star Wars.

Been a SW fan since 1977... but.... but... I can't just give in now because it's SW. It's just lessons learned with the first game. But... all power to you!
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    Definitely

Ouch

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The perfect EA costumer.

On launch day the servers will be down, like always :D

That's hilarious because you are probably right! :D Either way, still gettin it :)

Been a SW fan since 1977... but.... but... I can't just give in now because it's SW. It's just lessons learned with the first game. But... all power to you!

I hear ya, if I was buying 5-6 games a year, I would guarantee a different answer. But problems or not, I have had a blast with this game, the kid loves it, we have fun teaming up on Skirmish(even as buggy as it is), and have put almost 600 hours into the current game as it is, so I feel like I have gotten my money out of it. Just a casual **** here who completely understands why the hardcore gamers feel the way they do.
  • Absolutely not! I was fooled once by these developers, never again. I'll wait until XBOX/PS4 offers it for free. Because it is going to bomb just like the last one!
  • Pre order.... bhahahahaha im NOT BUYING THE NEXT GAME REGARDLESS OF CONTENT OR ANYTHING AT THIS POINT... maybe used for 10$ a year down the line so i know they arent getting any of my money again... they have lost my support completely... they have lost a customer... i hope plenty of folks follow suite so they realise they cant put out a half finished effort of a game i think people will continue to support with there wallets.... star wars or not...
  • Pre order.... bhahahahaha im NOT BUYING THE NEXT GAME REGARDLESS OF CONTENT OR ANYTHING AT THIS POINT... maybe used for 10$ a year down the line so i know they arent getting any of my money again... they have lost my support completely... they have lost a customer... i hope plenty of folks follow suite so they realise they cant put out a half finished effort of a game i think people will continue to support with there wallets.... star wars or not...

Amen

I understand completely. And can relate to your feelings. I have also been thinking about the player numbers for the next game and the timing of its launch in latter 2017, especially since this game was stretched out for over one year and the next game will do so as well... and because of that, it will overlap with Visceral's Star Wars game. And because of the special dedication, creation, and attention to the making of that game, I wonder if many will jump ship in numbers from the "Next Battlefront game" when the 2018 Visceral game releases.
  • zoodc wrote: »
    Definitely

Ouch

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The perfect EA costumer.

I can think of something else to call him.
  • No. i never buy games new. All new games lower their prive to about 40$ after the first few months, and more after after that. I am smart, I can wait for them to lower the price and fix all of the game breaking bugs that are always in new games.