criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

KickStater to Pay For Tarkin and Ben's Licensing Fee

Alvonator
2510 posts Member
edited February 2017
We've all heard the news, the new BF will not only bring in new eras and content, but it will also EXPAND ON THE ORIGINAL GAME!!!!!!!

So, first order of business: Let's KickStart a campaign to raise enough money for the poor and penniless people at EA, so that they may pay for the Tarkin and Ben Licensing Fee.

Don't you want this?

latest?cb=20080119113212
Tarkin

Or this?
UNCLE-BENS-HEAD-WITH-LOGO-BANNER-SIZE.jpg

/s

Seriously though, come on guys lets get what we rightfully deserve from what should have been in the game since last year! Lets get these "Iconic" guys on the Battlefront by November!

Replies

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    :joy:!!!!!!

Ability 1 for Uncle Ben: Microwaveable Strike
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • :D
    Nah, Ben would be too similar to Luke and Tarkin would be too similar to an Imperial Officer.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • CTown, there are no licensing issues for Ben Kenobi and Tarkin. EA has an exclusive contract for Star Wars games from Disney (who own the rights for Star Wars). Not to implement Ben and Tarkin was the decision at DICE.
    In my opinion an childish and illogical decision with the argument that a Jedi is similar to another Jedi.
    We shouldn't collect money for them doing nothing, we better send every dev the Star Wars movies to watch.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    :D
    Nah, Ben would be too similar to Luke and Tarkin would be too similar to an Imperial Officer.

Argh, you're right!

Yet we will see Jakku, the Tatooine wanna be, Finn, the Solo wanna be, Rey, the Luke wannabe, and so many other recycled aspects from the OT. But hey, people will buy whatever has Star Wars written on it, so why not?

.......PRE-ORDER, NOW!!!!!!!!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • We require the iconic characters

Unkar Plutt:
    dengar.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

General Grievous:
    latest?cb=20100219060459

Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Anoh wrote: »

Argh, you're right!

Yet we will see Jakku, the Tatooine wanna be, Finn, the Solo wanna be, Rey, the Luke wannabe, and so many other recycled aspects from the OT. But hey, people will buy whatever has Star Wars written on it, so why not?

Jakku may be a Tatooine wanna be, and Rey may be a Luke wanna be

But there are 0 similarities between Finn and Han :D
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Whodunnit
    5557 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Billiam301 wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »

Argh, you're right!

Jakku may be a Tatooine wanna be, and Rey may be a Luke wanna be

But there are 0 similarities between Finn and Han :D

I just can think of one:
    star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens-20.jpg
    HanSoloStormtrooperjpg.jpg
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • CTown, there are no licensing issues for Ben Kenobi and Tarkin. EA has an exclusive contract for Star Wars games from Disney (who own the rights for Star Wars). Not to implement Ben and Tarkin was the decision at DICE.
    In my opinion an childish and illogical decision with the argument that a Jedi is similar to another Jedi.
    We shouldn't collect money for them doing nothing, we better send every dev the Star Wars movies to watch.

I ain't Ctown my friend. This wasn't a post to take seriously hence the /s. Regardless, I still hope that Tarkin or Ben make it only if OT is returning for the 2017 release, because lets face it, they are Iconic. I also hope that more other heroes make it into the base game of the 2017 release.

Also, 3 heroes/villains per side at the Battlefront 2015 release was simply insulting. I expect for there to be at least 5 heroes/villains per side. Cheers.
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    CTown, there are no licensing issues for Ben Kenobi and Tarkin. EA has an exclusive contract for Star Wars games from Disney (who own the rights for Star Wars). Not to implement Ben and Tarkin was the decision at DICE.

I ain't Ctown my friend. This wasn't a post to take seriously hence the /s. Regardless, I still hope that Tarkin or Ben make it only if OT is returning for the 2017 release, because lets face it, they are Iconic. I also hope that more other heroes make it into the base game of the 2017 release.

Also, 3 heroes/villains per side at the Battlefront 2015 release was simply insulting. I expect for there to be at least 5 heroes/villains per side. Cheers.

Given by the fact that this game right now has 7 at each side , i except AT least 13 for the imperials , 13 for the rebels , 6 for the First order and 6 for the resistance

Oh and one of these 38 heroes NEEDS to be this guy , i don't care about your reasonings dice , just do it

latest?cb=20150812072244

I don't know if you are being serious or not, but if you are, I generally agree that there should be more heroes/villains. After all, the original hero/villain assets are already made and well-designed (arguably), and simply don't need any graphic updates considering that Battlefront 2015 is arguably the best looking game in the current market. Anyway, I don't pretend to be a developer so I can be dead wrong in any of the things I said, but that is just my 2 cents.
    CTown, there are no licensing issues for Ben Kenobi and Tarkin. EA has an exclusive contract for Star Wars games from Disney (who own the rights for Star Wars). Not to implement Ben and Tarkin was the decision at DICE.

Given by the fact that this game right now has 7 at each side , i except AT least 13 for the imperials , 13 for the rebels , 6 for the First order and 6 for the resistance

Oh and one of these 38 heroes NEEDS to be this guy , i don't care about your reasonings dice , just do it

latest?cb=20150812072244
    Was I really that convincing regarding Garindan? :D
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    thiago2103 wrote: »

latest?cb=20150812072244

He's too iconic to leave out

Yep. But can't beat Nien to iconicness. No one can beat him. No. One.
    cole_cakes-profile_image-3afcab36736f6e24-300x300.png

sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

latest?cb=20150812072244

Yep. But can't beat Nien to iconicness. No one can beat him. No. One.

I think this game actually made him iconic

he's almost as much of a meme as sheev
    "The force is strong with this one."

latest?cb=20150812072244

This is right! Get the infiltrator from A new hope. Nice. BF2 should have a spy-class for troops.

latest?cb=20150812072244

Ya wanna buy some Deathsticks?
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png

latest?cb=20150812072244

Yaaaa aha!
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

latest?cb=20150812072244

Yaaaa aha!

Hue Hue Hue!
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • I now deem this a Nien Meme thread
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    I now deem this a Nien Meme thread

That's how they do it in Stockholm. Turning every Ben/Tarkin conversation into a Nien conversation. Now I see why we didn't get them :D
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I now deem this a Nien Meme thread

That's how they do it in Stockholm. Turning every Ben/Tarkin conversation into a Nien conversation. Now I see why we didn't get them :D

LS92B9X.jpg
    "The snack that HueHues™ Back "
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    I'd love to see the devs' reaction if this was a successful funding. They'd have no more excuses.

You cant have clone wars era without general Obi-Wan .
  • Remember when that one thankfully banned member made up the licensing issues and everyone but me believed him? Ah, that felt great.
    Member of the 501st
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Remember when that one thankfully banned member made up the licensing issues and everyone but me believed him? Ah, that felt great.

Too similar to Luke.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Remember when that one thankfully banned member made up the licensing issues and everyone but me believed him? Ah, that felt great.

I member!
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png

Yeah, cos they really had a problem with copy and paste content last time round. Shoretrooper and shoretrooper captain anyone?

I think we could work something out for Ben Kenobi. But yeah, Tarkin is going to be a bit off. Mostly because I really don't feel Tarkin should be displayed as a combatant.

I think we could work something out for Ben Kenobi. But yeah, Tarkin is going to be a bit off. Mostly because I really don't feel Tarkin should be displayed as a combatant.

Here we go again......

Its not about realism. Its about Iconicity. Besides Tarkin IS a military officer, just like Krennic.

Tarkin was the main villain in ANH, destroyed Aldeeran, destroyed Scarif Base, practically killed Krennic, and almost destroyed Yavin 4.

This man belongs in Battlefront.
  • If they can add Yavin 4 and Mos Eisley into the game why not Tarkin.

Just to make sure, I was joking.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    edited April 2017

we need to make a thread of all of the memes and memorable quotes that accumulated over the last two years so people know what we are talking about :D
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

we need to make a thread of all of the memes and memorable quotes that accumulated over the last two years so people know what we are talking about :D

On it Commander!
    Member of the 501st
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

On it Commander!

Oh no...
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

On it Commander!
    Darkaid wrote: »

On it Commander!

Oh no...

It's Sergeant!
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!