criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Segregated DLC Maps

Reminder, don't do it. All players should be able to access all maps in regular modes for the good of the player base. No-one thought playlists were a good idea.

Replies

• Preach

• Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Reminder, don't do it. All players should be able to access all maps in regular modes for the good of the player base. No-one thought playlists were a good idea.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    edited February 2017

No one though play lists were a good idea. So they came up with the idea of multi phased modes, which are just like playlists! Even figured out a way to force people to play FS. But now rather than being able to back out and re-select the mode you prefer, you are forced to stay for all rounds, or you lose your xp. I expect even if they get rid of playlists they will keep this multi phase mode garbage instead. No different so far as I'm concerned.

That said I agree, there should be no separation of DLC and main game.
  • Reminder, don't do it. All players should be able to access all maps in regular modes for the good of the player base. No-one thought playlists were a good idea.

Absolutely agree.
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    Mcap wrote: »

No one though play lists were a good idea. So they came up with the idea of multi phased modes, which are just like playlists! Even figured out a way to force people to play FS. But now rather than being able to back out and re-select the mode you prefer, you are forced to stay for all rounds, or you lose your xp. I expect even if they get rid of playlists they will keep this multi phase mode garbage instead. No different so far as I'm concerned.

The multi phase modes in DS and Scarif are better then the Bespin/ OR playlists.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Yep, out of all the problems the last game had, the playlists were probably the worst imo.

Maps should be released for everyone, DLC should be limited to new heroes, weapons, equipment and player skins

I hope they keep battlepacks or supply drops far away from this game, seeing bright pink neon stormtroopers running around with a weed leaf camo rocket launchers would be 100000000x more game ruining than helmetless stormtroopers
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    Storm troopers should have minimal customization. The Empire never allowed it.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Addendum: playlists are fine for eras. Don't force me to relive the prequels #triggered
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Addendum: playlists are fine for eras. Don't force me to relive the prequels #triggered

I agree. I don't want to play ST #triggered
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Addendum: playlists are fine for eras. Don't force me to relive the prequels #triggered

We already have ST battles in LEGO Force Awakens. At this point Battlefront would just be copying. :D
    (Yes, those giant ships in the background of the first video are our New Republic Capital Ships.)

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

We already have ST battles in LEGO Force Awakens. At this point Battlefront would just be copying. :D
    (Yes, those giant ships in the background of the first video are our New Republic Capital Ships.)

When Lego does better than a T rated game
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy
    5834 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »

+1
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Blazur
    4460 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Agreed. DICE I absolutely love your shooters, and this game is no exception. But I'm burned out with season passes that divide your community. Please consider adopting a business model similar to Titanfall 2, Overwatch, and Killing Floor 2. Paid map packs eat away at community longevity.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Mcap wrote: »

The multi phase modes in DS and Scarif are better then the Bespin/ OR playlists.

Only if you actually enjoy FS. In DS alone the multi phase mode is 2 rounds of FS, 1 round of infantry.

Either way, you play that mode and you may be forced to play modes you do not enjoy. Not much different than a playlist. But at least with playlists you can back out and keep your xp from what you did play.

I still prefer integration of DLC and no need for playlists at all.
  • At least they need to outline exactly how they're going to include the DLC Content and what there is to expect this time.
    When I purchased the Season Pass I expected it to work like the Jakku DLC.
    I also expected all Vanilla modes to be supported in the DLCs. 2 large maps, 2 small maps per DLC was what I expected.

And when there was a playlist, I thought it might be only for the early access period...

Now, I find myself hardly playing Outer Rim and Bespin anymore.
    Extraction isn't worth playing anymore and the constant interruption with HvV is just inconvenient.
    I never liked Sabotage, so no Bespin for me.

I'm OK with paying for extra content.
    But I think 2 DLC Packs (8 maps each) instead of 4 Packs might have allowed a merge with vanilla content.
    Because there would've been only 4 possible groups of players:
    - Vanilla only
    - Vanilla + DLC 1
    - Vanilla + DLC 2
    - Vanilla + DLC 1 + DLC 2

With 2 larger DLC Packs (= more content per pack) there would've been a better perception of value for the DLCs.

There will be DLC and we'll have to pay it.
    DLC should not be divided into 4 small units.
    2 Packs with more content = less segregation = no playlist = more value.
  • this imo is the number one thing that must change in the next installment. we can nitpick about game mechanics, hero choices, game modes, single player etc. but the forced playlists must go. it just killed off an actually decent game.
  • Billiam301 wrote: »
    Yep, out of all the problems the last game had, the playlists were probably the worst imo.

Maps should be released for everyone, DLC should be limited to new heroes, weapons, equipment and player skins

I hope they keep battlepacks or supply drops far away from this game, seeing bright pink neon stormtroopers running around with a weed leaf camo rocket launchers would be 100000000x more game ruining than helmetless stormtroopers

the thought of that makes me want to run into traffic lol
  • Bumping this because the devs are around, and it's about the only thing I've seen almost everybody agree on for the last twelve months.
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    +1000

No playlists.

No map segregation. Do not split the player base.

Oh, and restrict skins to appropriate maps. Within reason of course. Having a Shoretrooper on Hoth is as bad as having a Snowtrooper on Jakku. It's just pure silliness.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Blazur
    4460 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    When Battlefront first came out I used to play it regularly with a bunch of friends. The moment Outer Rim came out that all changed since only a few of us got the season pass, and the rest just stopped playing altogether because they were segregated. There's no better way to disrupt a community than by introducing paid map packs that divides the playerbase. DICE, I'm sure your internal metrics prove that.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.

• _____
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

+1 Death Star 3 Starkiller Base
    Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-How-It-Should-Have-Ended.jpg
    "Can't we just call it Death Star III? It's the same exact thing, only bigger"
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png

+1 Death Star 3 Starkiller Base
    Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-How-It-Should-Have-Ended.jpg
    "Can't we just call it Death Star III? It's the same exact thing, only bigger"

Straight up copied the ANH schematic design. :D
    583347501.jpg?mw=1920&mh=1080&q=70
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • You PT dudes are bascially just thread jackers at this point.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Stay on target...
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    You right
  • Agreed. Separating the community is a serious mistake.

When the first DLC came out, about half my friends, myself included, didn't pick up the DLC. That pretty much put an end to us all playing together. After that everyone mostly drifted off to other games. If we couldn't play together EABF lost most of its fun factor.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Reminder, don't do it. All players should be able to access all maps in regular modes for the good of the player base. No-one thought playlists were a good idea.

Thank you.
  • Absolutely agree
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • First time I've played in weeks, thought I'd play the new Death Star modes. Been waiting twenty minutes for a Cargo lobby to gain even one other player.

Meanwhile in vanilla Cargo, some players are playing Cargo. Can we just get these maps where they belong please? Tired of this now.