criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Clone Wars is Very Unlikely

Prev134
Alvonator
2510 posts Member
edited February 2017
I don't mean to crush your pitiful hopes, but Clone Wars will most likely not be in BF 2017. It just seems too far fetched for EA to include OT, ST and Clone Wars. Here are my reasons:

1) 3 eras is simply too much work for 1 game. Think about it. There is so much in the Clone Wars content that wouldn't make it into the final game. It wouldnt do the CW justice. The Ships, Capital Ships, weapons, Troopers and Droids are wayyyy too different aesthetically from OT and ST. It pains me to say, but CW is probably going to be its own Battlefront game in a couple of years.

2) OT and ST are more likely the 2 "multiple eras" in the game. The designs, heroes, ships, weapons are very similar to one another. Expect EA to take the already created assets from Battlefront 2015 and modify it for the ST content.

3) Characters. We didn't even get all the potentially good heroes/villains in Battlefront 2015. Many iconic faces were left out. Yet people want to see upwards of 30-40 heroes/villains in BF 2017. Realistically it won't happen. It isn't plausible. The resources, time and money to accomplish this would probably be insurmountable and take up half the game's budget. Thats not even including all the voice acting costs.

Before you bring Pandemics BF2 into the argument, consider this... BF2 had many empty maps and carbon copies of heroes (think Obi Wan and Ki Adi Mundi, practically the same).

Now remember, I am not here to cr*p on your parade. I just don't want to see whiners in November, when their unrealistic demands are not met. And this is just a man's opinion...So based on critical thinking here is what I think will come:

- OT and ST Era. Perhaps Rogue One.
- Fully realized Vehicles such as tanks.
- Open maps.
- Tailored Conquest mode.
- Space Battles with Capital Ships and Actual Objectices.
- Many new OT and ST heroes/villains.
- Trump is a good president.
- Single Player (confirmed)
- Actual Maneurable Space Vehicles (Criterion Studios is most likely working on this, thank goodness)

TL;TR: Clone Wars is unlikely to come to BF 2017.

Replies

• thiago2103 wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »

- Open maps.
    - Actual Maneurable Space Vehicles (Criterion Studios is most likely working on this, thank goodness)

I swear dice , this + completely revamped maps from the first game(especially the death star) + Creatures + a much more balance/limited version of star cards or classes

is all you have to do to have me again .

And by saying ''Open maps'' i imagine you're saying ''non linear maps without $tupid checkpoints'' right ? if it is , i'm all in .

Correct.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    I don't mean to crush your pitiful hopes, but Clone Wars will most likely not be in BF 2017. It just seems too far fetched for EA to include OT, ST and Clone Wars. Here are my reasons:

1) 3 eras is simply too much work for 1 game. Think about it. There is so much in the Clone Wars content that wouldn't make it into the final game. It wouldnt do the CW justice. The Ships, Capital Ships, weapons, Troopers and Droids are wayyyy too different aesthetically from OT and ST. It pains me to say, but CW is probably going to be its own Battlefront game in a couple of years.

2) OT and ST are more likely the 2 "multiple eras" in the game. The designs, heroes, ships, weapons are very similar to one another. Expect EA to take the already created assets from Battlefront 2015 and modify it for the ST content.

3) Characters. We didn't even get all the potentially good heroes/villains in Battlefront 2015. Many iconic faces were left out. Yet people want to see upwards of 30-40 heroes/villains in BF 2017. Realistically it won't happen. It isn't plausible. The resources, time and money to accomplish this would probably be insurmountable and take up half the game's budget. Thats not even including all the voice acting costs.

Before you bring Pandemics BF2 into the argument, consider this... BF2 had many empty maps and carbon copies of heroes (think Obi Wan and Ki Adi Mundi, practically the same).

Now remember, I am not here to cr*p on your parade. I just don't want to see whiners in November, when their unrealistic demands are not met. And this is just a man's opinion...So based on critical thinking here is what I think will come:

- Open maps.

I was completely with you until you said Trump is a good president :D

don't wanna start an argument, real world politics have no place on a star wars videogame forum :p
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Billiam301 wrote: »

- Open maps.

don't wanna start an argument, real world politics have no place on a star wars videogame forum :p

It just an easter egg/joke my friend. I should probably add an /s.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    They could've done all three eras if it wasn't being rushed to coincide with TLJ
    Billiam301 wrote: »

- Open maps.

It just an easter egg/joke my friend. I should probably add an /s.

Haha, fair enough :)

but yeah, I completely agree with what you said and sort of feel bad for everyone who's getting hyped about possible prequel content
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    They could've done all three eras if it wasn't being rushed to coincide with TLJ

Its not being rushed. They have 3 studios working on it since last June. Its simply just not possible to have Clone Wars unless they decide to bring 10 DLC packs. It would be too ambitious to include "ALL" possible ERA content. Its better to have 2 fully fleshed out eras than a sample of each era.

Even Pandemic's BF2 only had 2 Eras.

I am very doubtful that Clone Wars is coming. But, Im not afraid of being wrong.
  • I still have hope :smiley:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »

Its not being rushed. They have 3 studios working on it since last June. Its simply just not possible to have Clone Wars unless they decide to bring 10 DLC packs. It would be too ambitious to include "ALL" possible ERA content. Its better to have 2 fully fleshed out eras than a sample of each era.

Even Pandemic's BF2 only had 2 Eras.

I am very doubtful that Clone Wars is coming. But, Im not afraid of being wrong.

They're bringing in two more studies to make sure they have enough content at launch unlike this game even though they didn't have much time to make the game. If they waited another year then we could've had everything
  • Whodunnit
    5557 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    giphy.gif
    Finally someone understands. But...
    I guess that was just a test if we read the whole post or not :smiley:
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Tbh, it would be the best for everyone if Clone Wars would have its own Battlefront game. CW has so much potencial, they would have to take out a lot of content if they would have to stuck it into a 3 era game.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • political-debate.jpg
    _____
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Tbh, it would be the best for everyone if Clone Wars would have its own Battlefront game. CW has so much potencial, they would have to take out a lot of content if they would have to stuck it into a 3 era game.

It was the largest galactic war in centuries. I agree.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Yeah it isn't happening
    Tbh, it would be the best for everyone if Clone Wars would have its own Battlefront game. CW has so much potencial, they would have to take out a lot of content if they would have to stuck it into a 3 era game.

+50 Clones
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    I still have hope :smiley:

giphy.gif
  • Yup, I agree.

- Open maps.

With all due respect... Go grab yourself.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Thanks for reminding us
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Still seems weird for them to call two eras "Multiple eras". I don't consider Rogue One a separate era. That should fall under the OT era

• TMachine97 wrote: »
    Still seems weird for them to call two eras "Multiple eras". I don't consider Rogue One a separate era. That should fall under the OT era

The multiple part is simply OT and ST. If we want to over analyze like the people who obsesse with wanting CW era do, then we could take "Multiple" as the literal meaning of "several". So in that case we now have prequals, sequals, OT, New Jedi Order, The Mandalorian Wars, the 2 Sith Wars and maybe even the Legacy Era....soooo multiple eras huh? We are getting all of that???

Doubt it
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    Still seems weird for them to call two eras "Multiple eras". I don't consider Rogue One a separate era. That should fall under the OT era

The multiple part is simply OT and ST. If we want to over analyze like the people who obsesse with wanting CW era do, then we could take "Multiple" as the literal meaning of "several". So in that case we now have prequals, sequals, OT, New Jedi Order, The Mandalorian Wars, the 2 Sith Wars and maybe even the Legacy Era....soooo multiple eras huh? We are getting all of that???

Doubt it

All I'm saying is that PT is still a possibility. Even with a Campaign, why would they need three teams to work on two incredibly similar eras, especially when half the work for one is already done?

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Anoh wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding us

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Strogg1980 wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »

Doubt it

All I'm saying is that PT is still a possibility. Even with a Campaign, why would they need three teams to work on two incredibly similar eras, especially when half the work for one is already done?
    each team is working on a different aspect of the game... not each team for an era. Motive is Doing the offline/SP content, Dice, the MP and Criterion, idk personally because I just heard its 3 studios not long ago myself, but people are saying they are working on the Vehicle combat and models.
  • C3POR2D2BB8
    701 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    We just need the cool and mysterious battle of Mygeeto, who had 12 seconds on screen enough to be considered an iconic battle

EP3_IA_96305.jpg
    latest?cb=20130215035135
    latest?cb=20130215041120

and Toydaria...

JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

• We just need the cool and mysterious battle of Mygeeto, who had 12 seconds on screen enough to be considered an iconic battle

EP3_IA_96305.jpg
    latest?cb=20130215035135
    latest?cb=20130215041120

and Toydaria...

here come the Toydaria memes again
  • I don't mind if it's in there, I know it'll make a lot of the fans of that era happy. I still hope not but I'll accept that it's there if it is. I will however flip out if it ends up mixed.

Shooting at Phasma with young Han would be irritating enough even though the ST is tolerable, but I'd find Luke vs Maul about 1000 Brannvalls worse than helmetless grandma Stormtroopers.
  • I don't mind if it's in there, I know it'll make a lot of the fans of that era happy. I still hope not but I'll accept that it's there if it is. I will however flip out if it ends up mixed.

Shooting at Phasma with young Han would be irritating enough even though the ST is tolerable, but I'd find Luke vs Maul about 1000 Brannvalls worse than helmetless grandma Stormtroopers.

+100 Branvalls

I wouldn't mind a gamemode that's mixed where you could have clones vs stormtroopers for example. But a whole game like that would be bad

I don't mind if it's in there, I know it'll make a lot of the fans of that era happy. I still hope not but I'll accept that it's there if it is. I will however flip out if it ends up mixed.

I wouldn't mind a gamemode that's mixed where you could have clones vs stormtroopers for example. But a whole game like that would be bad

Battlefront II did it write. Only Republic vs CIS and Empire vs Rebels, nonetheless they could share all the same maps.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Jaden_Korrr
    431 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't mind if it's in there, I know it'll make a lot of the fans of that era happy. I still hope not but I'll accept that it's there if it is. I will however flip out if it ends up mixed.

Even the first Battlefronts that were kinda simplistic didnt mix the eras up, chill dude.
    If DICE is smart they wil segregate the eras and will allow only certain heroes and customizations in each one.

Battlefront II did it write. Only Republic vs CIS and Empire vs Rebels, nonetheless they could share all the same maps.

Not all actualy.
    Some of the most iconic ones like Hoth and Geonosis were available only to the OT and PT respectively

• Whodunnit
    5557 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Not confirmed. Sit down, Kermit.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Still my favorite DICE developer :D
    If EA really put in CW then they make it to one of the biggest secrets. ST/OT (probably RO and Rebels) are clear, but CW?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Darkaid wrote: »

giphy.gif
    :joy:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid wrote: »

Yes, Guillaume is playing with words here :smiley: "This game (BF1) has a focus on OT, I also love CW (so we want to bring it to BF2)" = possible hint for CW in BF2.
    OR
    "This game (BF1) has a focus on OT, I also love CW (stating that leaving it out from BF2 doesn't mean he doesn't love it)" = possible hint that CW won't be in BF2
    OR
    "This game (BF2, because that was the topic in the previous tweets) has a focus on OT, but I also love CW" = He loves CW, but it won't come, but OT confirmed for BF2.
    Pick your choice.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • What was the question that was asked tho? That would really help us out. Would be cool to get all 3 eras in

Wow, cool so it may actually be in....gaaaa but part of me thinks its a troll move with the stupid stuff DICE says to keep us hooked in. None the less i personally will take it as a wink wink confirmed until otherwise
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I would say that Guillaume is clearly replying that this Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) is Galactic Civil War only, but that he personally is a fan of the Clone Wars.

That's all, nothing more, nothing less.
  • Jarrad wrote: »
    I would say that Guillaume is clearly replying that this Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) is Galactic Civil War only, but that he personally is a fan of the Clone Wars.

59d.gif
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Jarrad wrote: »

Yep

- Open maps.

Everything here is how I want Battlefront II to to go. If so, I will be a very, very happy player.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"

This is exactly what I wouldn't want to see in any upcoming Star Wars game. Give Clone Wars it's own game.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    ORancisis wrote: »

- Open maps.

Everything here is how I want Battlefront II to to go. If so, I will be a very, very happy player.

Good for you, @ORancisis!
  • Anoh wrote: »

- Open maps.

I imagine this is sarcasm....?
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »

- Open maps.

I imagine this is sarcasm....?

No, if he is a fan of the ST, then he will be a very happy player as he says
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    And Heroes from the CW era are not as unlikely as I thought, I'd say there's a 60% chance of Kenobi Maul and Ahsoka being in the BF sequel