criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Kill IT!!!! Kill It With Holy Water!!! (Stuff That Should Not Be in BF2017)

Prev1
Just a fool's opinion. But I don't want to see these things in the next Battlefront:

1)Kill/Death Ratio: I often find players ignoring the objectives, camping like cowards, and hacking and honestly, they are some of the saddest things I have ever seen. I even find meeeself ignoring objectives for KD. Here is a little suggestion: Kill it with Holy Water. It guarantee that if its removed or even hidden, the gameplay will improve.

2)Explosive Shot: Unnecessary. I just want to see the red & blue lasers/plasma coming out from weapons. Stop with the unnecessary kill gifts. Make it more skill based. Kill it with holy water.

3) Jump Pack: For the love of Ted Cruz, please do not have these in the next game. They only worked in BF 2015 because of poor spawn-points due to linear maps. I hope that BF 2017 will have better spawn-points thus eliminating the need for jump packs.

4) Personal Shield: Ok, I use it for objectives and not too agaisnt it, but I honestly, just save these for droidekas and no one else. Make BF skill based.

Replies

• #Classes
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Close quarter OHK weapons.

Infinite ammo

The current player base of lollygagging nom objective players
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Disruption
  • Replace ES with any damage enhancers and you have my list.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Close quarter OHK weapons.

You don't mean the Catie-7 do you?
    Add 2551 to my post count
    ru0TXZb.gif
  • The lack of Ten Numb
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Close quarter OHK weapons

What else are shotguns supposed to do?
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • I agree with this list especially number 1 KD makes me not want to go for the objective as much as I should.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • I mean stuff like scatter gun and scout pistol.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    I mean stuff like scatter gun and scout pistol.

Scout pistol will be the secondary weapon of scouts.

Am i right DICE ?
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • How the heck has no one said power ups. Kill 'em with holy water!
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Pulse cannon is the only thing i think needs removed..
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    Star cards shouldn't be in

Focus on small game modes shouldn't be in

Linear game modes with $tupid checkpoints shouldn't be in

anything that increases your health and damage (thats not gained by a hero ability) shouldn't be in .

Poor communication shouldn' be in .

Nonsensical creative decisions shouldn't be in .

Lack of care for star wars shouldn't be in .

I could go on for days , but i'm lazy .

Whats wrong with small game modes?more skill less lag thats a problem?i myself do not enjoy the big game modes at all
  • 5) Nien Numb
    giphy.gif
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Butler wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Star cards shouldn't be in

Focus on small game modes shouldn't be in

Linear game modes with $tupid checkpoints shouldn't be in

anything that increases your health and damage (thats not gained by a hero ability) shouldn't be in .

Poor communication shouldn' be in .

Nonsensical creative decisions shouldn't be in .

Lack of care for star wars shouldn't be in .

I could go on for days , but i'm lazy .

Whats wrong with small game modes?more skill less lag thats a problem?i myself do not enjoy the big game modes at all

Small games mode on this game, are just a copy paste of capture the flag. with different name.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Small game modes:. Where people play the objective and not sit at the back of the map with their pulse cannon sniping all game.

We don't need 10 different modes agreed, but small modes are where the most fun is for a lot of us.
  • Please do not get rid of small modes
    ru0TXZb.gif
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    I mean stuff like scatter gun and scout pistol.

ok then no shields at all under any circumstances. if you have personal shield there should be a counter. i like bo-rifle BECAUSE it fixes the stupid melee system which decided for some reason i CANT ohk anyone but they can ohk ME with a single melee.

personally i feel melee should always be ohk. shotguns should also.

jetpacks - just no. boba sucks as a hero in this game because hes just another jump packer with a bit more healt h than normal but a bit suckier loadout he cant change.

helmetless troopers.

there should NOT be a lack of proper physics for the body - this requires explanation, so here goes; when someone starts doing what in the current game is the two step shuffle, they should need realistic time to slow to a stop, then shift weight, THEN jump back the other direction i.e. they need to arrest their momentum before they can jump back the other way. same with combat roll. they should not be able to fire while rolling unless a hero, and it should take a bit longer to get up and set before they can roll again.

dont limit blast to small map modes only. blast should be the basic game mode, on all maps and dlc maps regardless what mode they were designed for, and should not have a forced playlist. that also means when dlc drops people get to see the maps while playing blast that the new modes of that dlc are played on. i believe that will encourage them to get the season pass or dlc.

dont make the game without offline or with a token (literally - missions...) offline mode. blast offline with bots and the option to use heroes in. and give us options to turn off ties and xwings (in case they still ignore any bot and always strafe the player unrealistically), separate options to turn off ability to use ground vehicles (AT-AT and AT-ST etc), and turn off hero tokens if we want. also ability to set up a map playlist, or just pick a map and turn off the 10 minute limit and 100 kill limits so we can play for hours until we decide to quit.

i got no issue with the star cards in the main, with the exceptions i mention - shields are ok if scattergun, pulse and cycler and ion shot are there as counters. jump packs no. if you include things like explosive shot they need longer cooldowns so people cant spam them.
    no bacta grenades unless they DONT affect the person who drops it at all ever. not even if they are 1 health. medical droids are ok though.

thats all i can think of
    invalid brain token
  • GuessWho wrote: »
    Please do not get rid of small modes

Especially Cargo.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    forgot two important things.

NO CLASSES EVER. nobody is happy with them if they are being honest. you have to have sucky loadout to use your fave blaster, or use that sucky blaster you dont like at all to get the thermal detonator that suits your play style. you make 3 people happy and everyone else starts with a dislike of being forced into it. especially after the choice you can have (if balanced) in the current game.

NO K/D
    perhaps shown in blast where it is slightly relevant. but it should not appear as a global stat (so you only see your K/D in blast as its not shown for any other mode or even tracked). also ban it from the forums. battlefront was always meant to be casual for the fans. it was dark forces that was the FPS for the hardcore fps gamers. bring that back and a lot of arguments over trying to skew the next game from casual to 'skill' (a euphemism for giving some people a false sense of superiority over others over irrelevant numbers) based. mainly because all the l33t gamerz will have gone over to Dark Forces mp with classes and all the other things that make them feel warm and fuzzy inside. assuming thats not because they have wet themselves with excitement i mean.
    invalid brain token
  • forgot two important things.

NO CLASSES EVER. nobody is happy with them if they are being honest. you have to have sucky loadout to use your fave blaster, or use that sucky blaster you dont like at all to get the thermal detonator that suits your play style. you make 3 people happy and everyone else starts with a dislike of being forced into it. especially after the choice you can have (if balanced) in the current game.

NO K/D
    perhaps shown in blast where it is slightly relevant. but it should not appear as a global stat (so you only see your K/D in blast as its not shown for any other mode or even tracked). also ban it from the forums. battlefront was always meant to be casual for the fans. it was dark forces that was the FPS for the hardcore fps gamers. bring that back and a lot of arguments over trying to skew the next game from casual to 'skill' (a euphemism for giving some people a false sense of superiority over others over irrelevant numbers) based. mainly because all the l33t gamerz will have gone over to Dark Forces mp with classes and all the other things that make them feel warm and fuzzy inside. assuming thats not because they have wet themselves with excitement i mean.

Everyone wants classes, all players should get 1 grenade per life
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • I think they should have classes but still keep the star cards. The difference is that some star cards should be locked to a certain class. For example, only someone playing the sniper class can have access to cards like pulse cannon, and only people running medic will be able to use Bacta bomb. This way you could make it so people won't be able to use cards like bacta and adrenaline stim together as they'll be locked to different classes, however you still have the freedom to alter your class a little bit.

• how has no one said DLC playlists?
    Was On The List but is not anymore.
  • how has no one said DLC playlists?

Cause we all really like those
    ru0TXZb.gif
  • When we put all these things together, I am reminded of why I hate this game sometimes.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Just a fool's opinion. But I don't want to see these things in the next Battlefront:

1)Kill/Death Ratio: I often find players ignoring the objectives, camping like cowards, and hacking and honestly, they are some of the saddest things I have ever seen. I even find meeeself ignoring objectives for KD. Here is a little suggestion: Kill it with Holy Water. It guarantee that if its removed or even hidden, the gameplay will improve.
    YES. I am obsessed with my k/d and I reaaally wish it just wasn't a feature so I could play without knowing how many deaths I have.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    1) I don't care, or know my k/d at this point. With or without it you will still have players doing the same thing.

2) If we get rid of ES, the bacta-guards need to go. ES is a viable counter these days. The trait system needs a rework, they get too op and leveling up traits is not that hard in this game.

3) I enjoy shooting jump packers out of the sky. They should be reduced, or we need a 'Pull!' emote since there are times it is more like a skeet shooting game than a Star Wars game.

4) Like the jump packers, they are fun to shoot with a scatter gun as they do the flex emote in their bubble. I kind of like how they can't shoot while in the bubble. Keep the easy kills coming.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Just get rid of the laugh emote, everything else can stay.
  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    when we put all this together we get another battlefield 1.

• bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    Just get rid of the laugh emote, everything else can stay.

I need the laugh emote for the dumb things people do in this game. :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

It's fine in that context, just brings my **** to a boil when people do it after a kill, even if it's not a particular spectacular one.
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

It's fine in that context, just brings my **** to a boil when people do it after a kill, even if it's not a particular spectacular one.

I only laugh after shooting emoting bubble boys and taking jump packers out of the air.

Watching the jump packers whip around still makes me laugh.

h846398gb27k.png

• I just want to destroy some rebel scum in the campaign+

animated-star-wars-image-0041.gif
  • Never ever drop the small modes where individual skill does have the biggest game influence ...
  • LAG.

Kill it in the next one.
  • Yes to Classes

No Partner Spawning!
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    LAG.

Kill it in the next one.

I would love to see that disappear for good.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    LAG.

Kill it in the next one.

I would love to see that disappear for good.

It had better. Last night was another awful lagfest.....yellow connection icon, running backwards, red bar connections......I was at least a second behind everyone else. The netcode/servers whatever is the problem had better be fixed for BF2.
  • Rebels / Clone Wars Series content.
  • gzcnr wrote: »

Yeah people complain about jumpacks and cards ruining immersion but this is Star Wars not csgo. I want a fun varied shooter that I can customize for my style of play not a cookie cutter game where everyone must follow canon and wear the same outfits and use the same loadouts because that's how it was in the movies. Has anybody actually watched the combat I'm the movies? It's pew pew hid behind a wall and pew pew some more. I can care less if a helmet less storm trooper carrying a rebel a280c kills me with a bowcaster because it just a game. I want a s little restrictions as possible. And if anybody thinks hiding k/d will change people's plays styles than they are crazy. I pto as well as anybody but if a k/d hound wants to sit back a snipe to pad his k/d then let him. Don't dictate how others play, just curse them and move on. Every shooter except plants vs zombies has k/d and there is a good reason for it

Yeah people complain about jumpacks and cards ruining immersion but this is Star Wars not csgo. I want a fun varied shooter that I can customize for my style of play not a cookie cutter game where everyone must follow canon and wear the same outfits and use the same loadouts because that's how it was in the movies. Has anybody actually watched the combat I'm the movies? It's pew pew hid behind a wall and pew pew some more. I can care less if a helmet less storm trooper carrying a rebel a280c kills me with a bowcaster because it just a game. I want a s little restrictions as possible. And if anybody thinks hiding k/d will change people's plays styles than they are crazy. I pto as well as anybody but if a k/d hound wants to sit back a snipe to pad his k/d then let him. Don't dictate how others play, just curse them and move on. Every shooter except plants vs zombies has k/d and there is a good reason for it

A helmetless trooper advocate?!? I thought you guys all went extinct. I'm glad DICE isn't listening to you then ;).
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • EmmaFett10304
    2498 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    gzcnr wrote: »

A helmetless trooper advocate?!? I thought you guys all went extinct. I'm glad DICE isn't listening to you then ;).

A helmetless trooper advocate?!? I thought you guys all went extinct. I'm glad DICE isn't listening to you then ;).[/quote]

I'm deplorable! I was absolutely distraught when they didn't make all storm troopers left handed. It totally ruined the immersion for me. I was appalled to find out that shore troopers could actually be found fighting on the death star! So long canon! And to think Dice would have the audacity to give us jumpacks to reach different levels of the map! Absolutely breaking canon with out reguard to Star Wars purists who want to fight in narrow hallways with three weapons to choose from. Don't let me get started on seeing Krennic fighting Nien Nunb ect
  • Mooncircle wrote: »
    Rebels / Clone Wars Series content.

Agreed.

I'm deplorable! I was absolutely distraught when they didn't make all storm troopers left handed. It totally ruined the immersion for me. I was appalled to find out that shore troopers could actually be found fighting on the death star! So long canon! And to think Dice would have the audacity to give us jumpacks to reach different levels of the map! Absolutely breaking canon with out reguard to Star Wars purists who want to fight in narrow hallways with three weapons to choose from. Don't let me get started on seeing Krennic fighting Nien Nunb ect[/quote]

Meh, use outlandish examples all you want. One doesn't have to care about Canon to realize helmetless Storm Troopers look dumb ;).
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Scout1998 wrote: »
    Mooncircle wrote: »

Agreed.

Get a room already
  • I can see not wanting rebels content but starwars the clone wars? How will you be able to fight as pre visla or the seige of mandalore? Or the nightsister vs droid battle?

In all seriousness, both series are canon and would fit perfectly in the game as dlc
  • Scout1998
    699 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Scout1998 wrote: »
    Mooncircle wrote: »

Agreed.

Get a room already

Stay mad.