criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

[Suggestion] Reward veteran players in BF2

Prev1
Blazur
4468 posts Member
If at all possible, would you be open to the idea of rewarding veteran Battlefront players with a small bonus in the next installment? I was thinking something along the lines of giving players who achieved max rank a special skin unlock or perhaps credit bonus.

This will not only reward players who played this game a lot but also incentivize people to keep playing in order to unlock that bonus.
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

• I would like a special weapon, emote and skin
  • That would be great, I'm all for that.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    For all the careless of their team regarding players, they should give me bf2 for free.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »
    For all the careless of their team regarding players, they should give me bf2 for free.
    Hilarious!
  • ExposedLeach107
    958 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Xantos wrote: »

This :)
  • hmm.. shouldn't the game itself be rewarding enough when playing until max level?
    be mindful of your thoughts, the dark side uses it's "reward-players-with-shiny-stuff-instead-of-offering-actual-gameplay" power a lot these days ;)
  • theWolf wrote: »
    I would like a special weapon, emote and skin

An emote would do. Weapons and skins should not be exclusives. If I bought BFII without buying the first one, I'd still want to access all weapons and skins. Emotes aren't a huge deal, so they can be exclusives.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I think this is a good idea and would love to see it implemented, but I just don't feel that EA/DICE is going to put in the effort.

They barely tried to do anything to get the community to play this Battlefront.

There have only been what, like three community multiplayer events, this whole time?

I'd surely love to eat my words and be proven wrong, but I don't know if EA/DICE would care to do something like this.
  • Jarrad wrote: »
    I think this is a good idea and would love to see it implemented, but I just don't feel that EA/DICE is going to put in the effort.

There have only been what, like three community multiplayer events, this whole time?

I'd surely love to eat my words and be proven wrong, but I don't know if EA/DICE would care to do something like this.

It seems like they planned for the community events to be a regular thing, they even mentioned a number of skins and weapons that either weren't released at all or arrived unceremoniously months later. I'd love to know what happened with the support and why it all got pulled.
  • Let me guess, 2000 credits :smirk:?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »

It seems like they planned for the community events to be a regular thing, they even mentioned a number of skins and weapons that either weren't released at all or arrived unceremoniously months later. I'd love to know what happened with the support and why it all got pulled.

Me too.

In fact, this whole Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) seems that way.

It seemed like the game was going to get bigger and better towards the beginning, but over time, it felt like minimal effort was put in to keep the game going.

In the beginning, there were Free Maps-Twilight on Hoth/Survivors of Endor/Goazon Badlands/Graveyard of Giants, Free Skins-Hoth Luke, Hoth Han, Endor Leia, Community Events and Extra Credit XP Weekends, and the Release of Skirmish, but towards the end, EA/DICE only seemed to pump out the DLCs with minimal content, like Death Star, which only had three modes to start out with, because they were legally obligated to do so.

Someone up the chain for whatever reason seemed to change the way the game was handled post release, but like you said, we'd all love to know the why of that.
  • Credits and Emotes are both useless. Maybe something special like the first DLC for free.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Starmangone
    576 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Credits and Emotes are both useless. Maybe something special like the first DLC for free.

Yeah, never gonna happen lol
  • Im sorry but i think this isnt an intelligent move. For the reason that it doesn't take any skill to get high levels. If they do this they will be following in ubisofts down fall. Ubisoft makes games that the longer you play the more time you play the more reward you get. Just the last Battlefront did. A lot of people work and have school and lives and cant play all day like some others. So they wont get all that is to the game for said reasons. Cant reward those who play more because its making those who have things to do get little reward. I got the last Battlefront once it came out i preordered. Due to work and school at this point im only level 80 something. Because i dont have the time to play all day like others. I love star wras games but making this move will lower rating for sure. Others will feel left out because they didnt have time to play to reach ranks.
  • Let the special snowflakes have their wish. They're so special. :D
    luke.png
  • Rainy wrote: »
    Im sorry but i think this isnt an intelligent move. For the reason that it doesn't take any skill to get high levels. If they do this they will be following in ubisofts down fall. Ubisoft makes games that the longer you play the more time you play the more reward you get. Just the last Battlefront did. A lot of people work and have school and lives and cant play all day like some others. So they wont get all that is to the game for said reasons. Cant reward those who play more because its making those who have things to do get little reward. I got the last Battlefront once it came out i preordered. Due to work and school at this point im only level 80 something. Because i dont have the time to play all day like others. I love star wras games but making this move will lower rating for sure. Others will feel left out because they didnt have time to play to reach ranks.

I have a full time job and I play in the afternoons just to relax, I'm rank 100. I don't know if that argument holds up.
  • I wish they could give it at a reduced price, since I payed 120 bucks for their 1st one (which was lacking severely, the end version with all dlc is really worth $60). But realistically, if we 100% Battlefront 2015, with trophies and everything, we should get a skin, hero, or something really dank. Emotes, as in like 2 or 3, would be good, but a skin that clearly states "I endured the hardships as an original player in 2015 from preorder ultimate release". That would be an amazing thing for them to do.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Credits and Emotes are both useless. Maybe something special like the first DLC for free.

Credits will do fine
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

Weapon is touchy
  • This would bring me back so I can jump those last 5 levels
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Credits and Emotes are both useless. Maybe something special like the first DLC for free.

Credits will do fine

I've almost 2mio in this game...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Credits will do fine

I've almost 2mio in this game...

The credits would be awarded to players in the 2nd. I'll help them get a head start on purchases.
  • Would giving people who played this game for hundreds of hours a headstart to weapons and such be fair though?
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Want reward me ? Do a proper made fuckinh battlefront game ffs
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »
    Want me to reward ? Do a proper made fuckinh battlefront game ffs

:joy:
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Xantos wrote: »
    Want me to reward ? Do a proper made fuckinh battlefront game ffs

:joy:

Fixed, because i can't type
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Would giving people who played this game for hundreds of hours a headstart to weapons and such be fair though?

People without the bonus will certainly find a reason to complain about it. But a cosmetic item like a skin or emote is no big deal.

Either way...assuming it were even possible, if they gave people enough heads up about their intent then everybody should have an equal opportunity to grind it out. We're still many months away from the sequel.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Would giving people who played this game for hundreds of hours a headstart to weapons and such be fair though?

People without the bonus will certainly find a reason to complain about it. But a cosmetic item like a skin or emote is no big deal.

Either way...assuming it were even possible, if they gave people enough heads up about their intent then everybody should have an equal opportunity to grind it out. We're still many months away from the sequel.

Yeah the cosmetic thing sounds fair to me. And yeah, everyone in bf2 at launch would have these special items making it like when everyone was a shadowtrooper
  • I could see a special skin for those who maxed out at 100 in SWBF.
    The Beta Testers Brigade skin.
    #StarWars-y
  • I sure hope they don't. I'll be on a different account for BF2, and whatever this reward would be, if I'm not getting it no one is
    CjBmq4S.gif
    Add 2551 to my post count
    ru0TXZb.gif

Same here.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • DarthJ
    6570 posts Member

Me too.

It seemed like the game was going to get bigger and better towards the beginning, but over time, it felt like minimal effort was put in to keep the game going.

In the beginning, there were Free Maps-Twilight on Hoth/Survivors of Endor/Goazon Badlands/Graveyard of Giants, Free Skins-Hoth Luke, Hoth Han, Endor Leia, Community Events and Extra Credit XP Weekends, and the Release of Skirmish, but towards the end, EA/DICE only seemed to pump out the DLCs with minimal content, like Death Star, which only had three modes to start out with, because they were legally obligated to do so.

Someone up the chain for whatever reason seemed to change the way the game was handled post release, but like you said, we'd all love to know the why of that.

We need to hope DICE rate it as high as the Battlefield series. Battlefield 1 still gets a lot of support. At this point in Battlefront 2015 we had radio silence.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    As a reward I think for the first month our characters should run around with a speech bubble saying ' Patience is a virtue (...but not rewarded by EA ) ' ;-)
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Credits will do fine

No they won't! You think you're some sort of Jedi waving your hand around like that?
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Me too.

We need to hope DICE rate it as high as the Battlefield series. Battlefield 1 still gets a lot of support. At this point in Battlefront 2015 we had radio silence.

Yeah, it seems like EA's Battlefront 1 was treated like the red headed stepchild, in comparison to Battlefield 1, by EA/DICE.

Hopefully, that won't be the case for EA's Battlefront 2.
  • I think anyone who has a complete Diorama should get an exclusive skin in Battlefront 2.
  • d100Productions
    1314 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Credits will do fine

No! They wont!
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member

Credits will do fine

No! They wont!

Only money!
  • I would like to get something for my credits from BF (2015) or another present @Sledgehammer70
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    All veteran players will get Lando's glitch in bf2 !!!!
    If at all possible, would you be open to the idea of rewarding veteran Battlefront players with a small bonus in the next installment? I was thinking something along the lines of giving players who achieved max rank a special skin unlock or perhaps credit bonus.

This will not only reward players who played this game a lot but also incentivize people to keep playing in order to unlock that bonus.

I have 1,345,768 Credits.. so something different thanks.
  • Mooncircle
    475 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    We need DLC maps for small playmodes !
  • Credits should transfer! That'd be aces.
  • UNLIMITED POWER!

Or is that unreasonable?
  • bfloo
    15532 posts Member
    Mooncircle wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »

I have 1,345,768 Credits.. so something different thanks.

I haven't been below 300,000 since OR.
    Credits should transfer! That'd be aces.

I'd be able to unlock everything from day 1.

I'm in B)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

From your Battlefront experience you bring me today, I'll give you.......one half portion.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    From your Battlefront experience you bring me today, I'll give you.......one half portion.

How many epic ability modifiers will we be able to purchase with one half portion?
  • That would be nice, after all played it over 800 hours.
  • Agreed, without your money, DICE wouldn't have been able to create the Star Wars Battlefront II that we wanted. For sure, DICE should reward you with some special emotes or something.

I don't think they would be that generous. Most likely an emote or something useless. Or maybe even a blaster at the most, but I wouldn't bet on DLC mate.
    Vroom Vroom!