criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

please add finn with a lightsaber

Prev134
the only hero I wanna see. and that stormtrooper with the metal thing that blocks the lightsaber could be the villain he fights.

Replies

• 2000sGuy
    5834 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Ehh. Better than rey with a lightsaber
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    132.gif

Words cannot describe how I hate the ST being the focus of the next Battlefront.

Pure business tactics. Disgusting!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    132.gif

Words cannot describe how I hate the ST being the focus of the next Battlefront.

Who knows. It may not be the focus. We just know it will be included :wink:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Starmangone
    576 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Anoh wrote: »
    132.gif

Words cannot describe how I hate people judging a game before we've even seen any promotional material.

tenor.gif
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    132.gif

Unfinished era beeing the focus of a game ? Nah, EA would never do that :trollface:

To the OP.

I prefer greedo.

Finn is just the most random and "MEH" character in star wars after jar jar

No wait, there is poe too.

Well, nevermind, they are all terrible characters.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    132.gif

Words cannot describe how I hate people judging a game before we've even seen any promotional material.

tenor.gif

Search your feelings you KNOW IT TO BE TRUE

This is EA we're talking about here
  • Maybe as one of his abilities but not as his main form of attack
  • As an ability similar to Jyn's baton, sure, but it definitely shouldn't be his primary weapon.
  • This is not a good suggestion. He's not a jedi. He happened to pick up a lightsaber to fight a force user. It's not his primary or secondary.
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    2000sGuy wrote: »

I still feel as if Rey will have it though.

Oh wait, maybe they'll both have it. :D
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »

they'll both have it. :D

This

I really want to see Finn vs TR-8R and Finn vs Kylo ren(2nd best star wars lightsaber fight imo) judge me , don't care

:joy: I believe your an undercover CW/PT fan just trolling the heII out of us
  • Xantos wrote: »
    No wait, there is poe too

Poe is awesome. Come at me.

aardvark.jpg
  • thedrum808 wrote: »
    This is not a good suggestion. He's not a jedi. He happened to pick up a lightsaber to fight a force user. It's not his primary or secondary.

ok. ill change my mind. i want a luke reskinned as rey so i can leap around the map and use force push without any training
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited February 2017

This

I really want to see Finn vs TR-8R and Finn vs Kylo ren(2nd best star wars lightsaber fight imo) judge me , don't care

I legitimately think the PT fights are the worst of the entire saga

:joy: you think Ben vs Vader is better than PT lighstaber fights? Maybe in terms of story line but the choreography in the PT in terms of lighstaber combat was impeccable
  • thiago2103 wrote: »

This

This. I'm not knocking the people who grew up with the prequel era and enjoy it, just the movies themselves, but those fights were awful.

Instead of 'If you strike me down...' and 'I am your father' you get Ray Park doing some cartwheels. Its bollocks.
  • 2000sGuy
    5834 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »

This

:joy: you think Ben vs Vader is better than PT lighstaber fights? Maybe in terms of story line but the choreography in the PT in terms of lighstaber combat was impeccable

"It's Choreographed" is what a lot of them say. Which is dum as all the fights were choreographed. It'd be better than the directors just handing the actors sticks and telling them to go at it.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

This

I used to watch a lot of Hong Kong cinema, so I get where you're coming from, they were really nicely choreographed and timed. But give me Guinness' gravitas, JEJ's performance, and iconic dialogue that actually drives the narrative. ANH had a better lightsaber duel, substance over style.
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    I see your POV, we are very different.

Tell me PT haters, do you also hate the CW series?

They probably do.....
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    No point in arguing anymore. I honestly don't care what you guys think lol

This

I used to watch a lot of Hong Kong cinema, so I get where you're coming from, they were really nicely choreographed and timed. But give me Guinness' gravitas, JEJ's performance, and iconic dialogue that actually drives the narrative. ANH had a better lightsaber duel, substance over style.

I'm not arguing that the substance and drama behind the PT battles were better than the OT (except for anakin vs obi wan) but rather that I was trying to argue that in no way is the actually combat better in the OT or even ST (yet).
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Can't break through the walls of nostalgia. That goes for both sides. A few of my friends didn't see Star Wars when they were kids, and see all the films as overrated.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

They probably do.....

I saw a couple, years back, it just didn't draw me in.

I think it's because that whole world, the clones, droids, the aesthetic just carried the bad taste of 'JarJar midichlorian 'it's working!' I hate sand Yoda gymnastics'.

I might try it again at some point. I saw the first episode of Rebels last year and that didn't excite me too much either, although I have a mate who loves it.
  • please add finn with a lightsaber
    Fin has not the force as much as we know. Also it's Anakins Lightsaber. Hopefully Fin will show some abilities in episode 8 which will make a better Battlefront Concept for his abilities.
    Fin will never be able to stand against a force user with a lightsaber. End of episode 7 is the proof.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Anoh
    8379 posts Member

At the end of the day, this.

I love AOTC and RoTS/CW series, that's all that matters to me
  • Luke sorts out his daddy issues while The Emperor sits cackling in the back

I love it
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif

+1 Kit Fisto Smile
    raw
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • No, give Finn a blaster actually, some grenades and you got it.
    Let his military training shine in the game at least since in the movie he was the comic relief sidekick.

Same. I love all the films around the same level. I won't exclude anything because I don't like it. I just accept it, or attempt to find ways to enjoy it.

Personally, I couldn't see myself as a Star Wars fan if I ignored parts of it.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I would love to fight against Kylo with Ahsoka. Someone needs to educate that child :D Fin couldn't.
    Okay, Rey will rule the Galaxy as the strongest Star Wars character ever...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    13746 posts Member

They probably do.....

I saw a couple, years back, it just didn't draw me in.

I think it's because that whole world, the clones, droids, the aesthetic just carried the bad taste of 'JarJar midichlorian 'it's working!' I hate sand Yoda gymnastics'.

I might try it again at some point. I saw the first episode of Rebels last year and that didn't excite me too much either, although I have a mate who loves it.

You're not losing much on rebels , trust me .

It makes the prequels look good

Rebels is getting better.

I wasn't that into the first season or 2 of Clone Wars either.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• thiago2103 wrote: »
    Luke sorts out his daddy issues while The Emperor sits cackling in the back

I love it

Definitely the best lightsaber duel in the whole saga

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • Starmangone
    576 posts Member
    edited February 2017

This

People don't fight like that, I love seeing an actual fight with two people just whacking away at each other. It feels real compared to the rehearsed fights of the PT.

EDIT: made out I was talking about ANH, I mean all the fights from the OT and TFA

This

People don't fight like that, I love seeing an actual fight with two people just whacking away at each other. It feels real compared to the rehearsed fights of the PT.

EDIT: made out I was talking about ANH, I mean all the fights from the OT and TFA

Everyone seems to forget the fact that Obi-Wan spinned in ANH.
    U02Q7T.gif
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • While the complaint that the Prequels lacked the emotional stakes of the OT ( mostly) is true, I dont find it too bothersome personally and I believe to a certain extent the same will apply to the Sequels.
    Now , sure Kylo and Rey's figh had passion and emotion with Rey bein angry over Han, however there are 6 knightrs of Ren in total
    You cant seriously tell me all of them will have an emotional duel on the level of Luke-Vader
  • When people will realize the combats in OT were slow, and clumsey due to the old tech, we will be all happier.

Anakin vs oby was just a better ben vs vader.

They tried to do an acrobatic fight, the best they could do is this

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-28-2015/U02Q7T.gif
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017

This

U02Q7T.gif

A single spin compared to jumping off walls, backflips and double jumps?

This

U02Q7T.gif

Compared to lightly poking at each other?
    200w.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

This

U02Q7T.gif

200w.gif

I'd take that any day. I'm not trying to change your opinion or anything. I just really prefer the OT and ST fights.
  • Different priorities. I see your points, but for me emotional engagement makes for a better fight than flips and circus tricks.
  • Different priorities. I see your points, but for me emotional engagement makes for a better fight than flips and circus tricks.

giphy.gif
  • Dallows
    50 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    200w.gif
    I know, it looks so dumb! It's almost like... some kind of... actual sword fight...

huh.
  • Dallows wrote: »
    200w.gif
    I know, it looks so dumb! It's almost like... some kind of... actual sword fight...

huh.

Speaking of Kendo, the main prequel choreographer based the fights off of it, as are most Star Wars duels. I highly suggest checking out the full documentary.

Full Documentary:
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif