criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

please add finn with a lightsaber

Replies

• Dallows wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Compared to lightly poking at each other?
    200w.gif
    I know, it looks so dumb! It's almost like... some kind of... actual sword fight...

huh.

Speaking of Kendo, the main prequel choreographer based the fights off of it, as are most Star Wars duels. I highly suggest checking out the full documentary.

Full Documentary:

Well no offence but he was terrible at his job if that was supposed to be based of traditional Japanese swordsmanship
    200w.gif
    I know, it looks so dumb! It's almost like... some kind of... actual sword fight...

huh.

Speaking of Kendo, the main prequel choreographer based the fights off of it, as are most Star Wars duels. I highly suggest checking out the full documentary.

Full Documentary:

Well no offence but he was terrible at his job if that was supposed to be based of traditional Japanese swordsmanship

By that statement I'm taking it you didn't watch it. :|
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
    200w.gif

huh.

Full Documentary:

I mean by this:
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan Kenobi was an awesome fight. Everytime I watch episode 1, I can't await to see this fight.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan Kenobi was an awesome fight. Everytime I watch episode 1, I can't await to see this fight.

"But it's too Choreographed!"
    giphy.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan Kenobi was an awesome fight. Everytime I watch episode 1, I can't await to see this fight.

giphy.gif

Not for me. Darth Maul obviously uses the force for his movements, he was very skilled at this fight and not to forget his theme. Everything fits so well together.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• It will literally be the biggest bonehead mistake if they add Rey without a lightsaber. This mistake would rival not adding Obi Wan to this game. Simply makes no sense to not add her and her lightsaber
  • Jaden_Korrr
    431 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Dallows wrote: »
    200w.gif

huh.

Full Documentary:

I mean by this:

This video or rather the people who spam it annoy the **** out of me
    Not because it is wrong, the guy is absolutely right but he and those who post it treat it as if Phantom Menace is the only movie that did it and all other movies had 100% realistic fights.

All those things
    1) are barely visible in a fast choreogfraphed fight
    2) apply to OT and Force Awakens if you pay attemtion
  • 2000sGuy
    5833 posts Member
    edited February 2017

giphy.gif

Not for me. Darth Maul obviously uses the force for his movements, he was very skilled at this fight and not to forget his theme. Everything fits so well together.

Yep. And that move where clearly Quigon goes for his back and Darth Maul blocks it shows they were each trying to end the fight. Plus Maul's tactic was tiring his opponent and then finishing them off
    jinn-vs-maul.jpg

Plus if ppl are going to act like "choreographed battles" are worse than two untrained teenagers lasting more than 10 seconds against a Trained Firce sensitive, well that's them I guess. I'm gonna laugh my butt off when in Ep 8 they show Luke and Ren doing advanced moves in their duel and they complain about that
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    200w.gif

huh.

Full Documentary:

Park's style was wushu, which is Chinese;

200w.gif

huh.

Full Documentary:

Well now I have no Goddamn clue what it is, trooper says kendo and I think I saw that on the episode of "Sith Busters" but I'll take your word for it.
    200w.gif

huh.

Full Documentary:

Well now I have no Goddamn clue what it is, trooper says kendo and I think I saw that on the episode of "Sith Busters" but I'll take your word for it.

Episode 1 included a mix of multiple styles. Ray Park within the Kendo video said that he used Kendo as well and not pure Wushu.

It wasn't until Episode 2 where they would go full on Kendo.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »

Anakin vs oby was just a better ben vs vader.

laughing-gif1.gif

It is.

Its an action movie, if you want to see real proper duels, go watch some fencing, or don't know what else.

Fights must be active and interesting, not just right-left swing.

Look at the ep 6 vader vs luke, well i shoud say luke vs nobody, because in that scene vader was passive without any reason at all.

But the reason is clear, 1983, what you see, was the best they could do with their current tech.

"Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member

giphy.gif

Yep. And that move where clearly Quigon goes for his back and Darth Maul blocks it shows they were each trying to end the fight. Plus Maul's tactic was tiring his opponent and then finishing them off
    jinn-vs-maul.jpg

Plus if ppl are going to act like "choreographed battles" are worse than two untrained teenagers lasting more than 10 seconds against a Trained Firce sensitive, well that's them I guess. I'm gonna laugh my butt off when in Ep 8 they show Luke and Ren doing advanced moves in their duel and they complain about that

Finn is a stormtrooper, and he managed to fight and be competitive against a trained jedi.

That was priceless.

In ep 8 finn will be able to destroy a star destroyer with bare hands.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

Finn is a stormtrooper, and he managed to fight and be competitive against a trained jedi.

That was priceless.

Don't forget about Rey, who seamlessly picked up advanced Jedi skills with no training at all
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

Don't forget about Rey, who seamlessly picked up advanced Jedi skills with no training at all

ST fanboy will tell you she is a skywalker, so she is allowed to be overpowered.

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

ST fanboy will tell you she is a skywalker, so she is allowed to be overpowered.

Yep :D
    The Force "Awakened her" to learn Force pulls and mind tricks in seconds when she never even knew what they were
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

The Force "Awakened her" to learn Force pulls and mind tricks in seconds when she never even knew what they were

Complete and totaly sensefull answer.

Vote Finn for the next Chuck Norris
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

Don't you PT fanboys start talking about the ST being nonsensical. *cough virgin birth cough*
  • 2000sGuy
    5833 posts Member
    edited February 2017

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

*cough virgin birth cough*

@Xantos you were right
    Virgin birth is a bit more believable than closing your eyes and becoming an insta-Jedi Master. At least kid Anakin wasn't outclassing Maul in a one on one.
    Not to mention, Finn, a soldier trained from birth, switching sides after his FIRST battle because his buddy died?
    Top notch training, first order

Poe, teleporting from Jakku to Takodonna, forcing me to buy some kids game to figure out what happened. Speaking of kids game, that explains more stuff than the dang movie

Of course you'll most likely disagree with this statement but who gives a flop? Some faceless person on the internet is not going to change my mind just like I won't change yours.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Starmangone
    576 posts Member
    edited February 2017

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

@Xantos you were right
    Virgin birth is a bit more believable than closing your eyes and becoming an insta-Jedi Master. At least kid Anakin wasn't outclassing Maul in a one on one. Of course you'll most likely disagree with this statement but who gives a flop? Some faceless person on the internet is not going to change my mind just like I won't change yours.

Yeah but he did single handedly destroy an entire space station shutting down every droid on naboo without ever flying a star fighter before. And no, a pod racer isn't similiar to a space ship.

raw
  • 2000sGuy
    5833 posts Member
    edited February 2017

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

@Xantos you were right
    Virgin birth is a bit more believable than closing your eyes and becoming an insta-Jedi Master. At least kid Anakin wasn't outclassing Maul in a one on one. Of course you'll most likely disagree with this statement but who gives a flop? Some faceless person on the internet is not going to change my mind just like I won't change yours.

raw

Nah actually I'm good, this going back and forth thing is meaningless. Arguing online is pointless as no one will ever convince the other side, so why bother? PT haters just like to argue too much.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Starmangone
    576 posts Member
    edited February 2017

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

@Xantos you were right

raw

PT haters just like to argue too much.

@Xantos @2000sGuy @Jrob122
    I'm doing this for fun at this point.

raw

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

@Xantos you were right

Yeah but he did single handedly destroy an entire space station shutting down every droid on naboo without ever flying a star fighter before. And no, a pod racer isn't similiar to a space ship.

raw

Similar to the case with Luke Skywalker, fighters have a tendency to be comfortable amongst even the newest pilot, and easy to pick up on the fly. (No pun intended.)
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Starmangone
    576 posts Member
    edited February 2017

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

@Xantos you were right

raw

Similar to the case with Luke Skywalker, fighters have a tendency to be comfortable amongst even the newest pilot, and easy to pick up on the fly. (No pun intended.)

But luke was a bush pilot who blew up wamp rats for fun? He actually had flying experience, possibly years of it at that. They can't be that easy if a grown Finn can't fly one and needed Poe.
  • Aaaand Han even remarks "who's gonna fly it kid, you?" When Luke wants to buy a ship, as if it's NOT easy to fly a ship and you need to be a trained pilot.
  • 1. Who knows, piloting a pod racer may be similar to a starfighter. We see multiple times in the pod race that Anakin is resourceful enough to repair it when something goes wrong. And if it makes sense for Rey to pilot the falcon just by sneaking in and "studying it" without ever actually flying it, then it makes sense for Anakin
    2. He says "the ship is on autopilot" in the movie
    3. R2 was there, probably assisting with piloting. That's what Astromechs are for.
    4. Okay? So even if I'm wrong, that's probably the one or two examples of TPM not making sense. Hate the prequels all you want, but they didn't completely rely on books/video games to explain their plotholes
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Starmangone
    576 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    1. Who knows, piloting a pod racer may be similar to a starfighter. We see multiple times in the pod race that Anakin is resourceful enough to repair it when something goes wrong. And if it makes sense for Rey to pilot the falcon just by sneaking in and "studying it" without ever actually flying it, then it makes sense for Anakin
    2. He says "the ship is on autopilot" in the movie
    3. R2 was there, probably assisting with piloting. That's what Astromechs are for.
    4. Okay? So even if I'm wrong, that's probably the one or two examples of TPM not making sense. Hate the prequels all you want, but they didn't completely rely on books/video games to explain their plotholes

I'm just gonna point out Rey says she's flown ships after that scene but,

raw
  • @2000sGuy do you like TFA? I mean I wanna be mutual with you on something...
  • @2000sGuy do you like TFA? I mean I wanna be mutual with you on something...

Do TaunTauns fly?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    @2000sGuy do you like TFA? I mean I wanna be mutual with you on something...

Do TaunTauns fly?

I'm sure there's a legends story about that...

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

Nah, I'd tell you that Kylo Ren was badly injured after being shot with a bowcaster, wasn't in top form mentally after killing his dad, probably hasn't fought anyone with a lightsaber for a long time, and wasn't trying to kill rey but capture her instead

Rey is hardly pulling off great moves during the fight, she's on the defensive for most of it and when she switched to being offensive it caught Kylo off guard
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Billiam301 wrote: »

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

Nah, I'd tell you that Kylo Ren was badly injured after being shot with a bowcaster, wasn't in top form mentally after killing his dad, probably hasn't fought anyone with a lightsaber for a long time, and wasn't trying to kill rey but capture her instead

Rey is hardly pulling off great moves during the fight, she's on the defensive for most of it and when she switched to being offensive it caught Kylo off guard

raw
  • Also to those arguing about Rey being able to fly the falcon:

"I've flown some ships but I've never left the planet"

She has some experience flying ships, leave her alone :p
    Also to those arguing about Rey being able to fly the falcon:

rawrawrawraw
    Also to those arguing about Rey being able to fly the falcon:

Actually your buddy here is the one who brought up Anakin being able to fly a ship. I was just using Snowflake as an example
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I don't think many OT die hards 'love' TFA, for me personally it's more a case of 'it's a 7/10, Rogue One is probably an 8.' After prequels in the 2-4 range it's a relief rather than a revelation. I know they're arbitrary scores but so are all review scores, and I'm not without support and consensus on this.

I want sequel content because it's more Star Wars, the CW never gave me that feeling. I think Lucas' insistence on 'cutting edge' CG has a lot to do with it. It looked fake at the time and it's aged horribly, I can deal with the painted OT backgrounds far better than the actors-in-a-video-game look of the prequels.

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

@Xantos you were right

raw

I don't like ep 1.

But I die inside when i think what JJ brought to us after 12 years.

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

ITs just a cheap excuse, and you know that.

The film was meant to have a stormtrooper fighting a jedi 1v1 with lightsabers. Thats just absurd.

Is like having cody fighting obi wan 1v1 on Utapau with a lightsaber during order 66

Try to imagine the current PT haters reaction, by now

But since ST did that instead, its all fine and sensefull.

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

Don't you PT fanboys start talking about the ST being nonsensical. *cough virgin birth cough*

My pref era is OT btw.

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

My pref era is OT btw.

Cool cool. We have something to agree on.
    Billiam301 wrote: »

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

The film was meant to have a stormtrooper fighting a jedi 1v1 with lightsabers. Thats just absurd.

Is like having cody fighting obi wan 1v1 on Utapau with a lightsaber during order 66

Okay, I'll analyse Kylo v Finn too

So some of the same things apply:
    • Kylo Injured
    • Unfocused
    • Hasn't fought anyone for a while

FO stormtroopers are trained in melee combat, Finn and 'nines' (TR-8R) were the top of their squad. Also, it's obvious Kylo is toying with Finn the same way Vader is toying with Luke on Bespin (one handed attacks -> two handed heavy strikes -> accidentally leaving an opening for opponent and ending the fight almost immediately after shoulder injury). Throughout the fight, Kylo is completely dominating Finn apart from when Finn gets the lucky hit
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

• Kylo Injured
    • Unfocused

FO stormtroopers are trained in melee combat, Finn and 'nines' (TR-8R) were the top of their squad. Also, it's obvious Kylo is toying with Finn the same way Vader is toying with Luke on Bespin (one handed attacks -> two handed heavy strikes -> accidentally leaving an opening for opponent and ending the fight almost immediately after shoulder injury). Throughout the fight, Kylo is completely dominating Finn apart from when Finn gets the lucky hit

Still a stormtrooper vs a jedi.

And both Rey and Finn for reasons, are able to use effectively a lightsaber.

Im laughing because im thinking the reaction of most of you, if these scenes were in the PT, LOL

Han is a fantastic gunslinger, but what happens when he tries to shoot a jedi ? Exactly that jedi, deflected his shots with one hand, and unarmed him without even breaking a sweet

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

• Kylo Injured
    • Unfocused

Stormtrooper is trained from birth to see death and forget fallen comrades>Deserts Order at his first battle after his friend dies and proceeds to join the guy who killed him= Top Notch Training Firsr Order!
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I think people loved TFA because it brought back basically most of ANH but with great new effects and a few new story lines. Nostalgia is a powerful ally that Disney has. Very powerful indeed.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    I think people loved TFA because it brought back basically most of ANH but with great new effects and a few new story lines. Nostalgia is a powerful ally that Disney has. Very powerful indeed.

The question is how long will that last?
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member

giphy.gif

jinn-vs-maul.jpg

That was priceless.

• Kylo Injured
    • Unfocused

Stormtrooper is trained from birth to see death and forget fallen comrades>Deserts Order at his first battle after his friend dies and proceeds to join the guy who killed him= Top Notch Training Firsr Order!

Makes sense.

FO troopers are trained, but they apply that training only when they want :trollface:

This Probably the reason. Not that im bashing them for it
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

The question is how long will that last?

Hopefully not much longer so Disney will start to incorporate their own ideas and have it go in a new exciting direction. I'm really not interested in having Luke be an old hermit that doesn't fight and just teaches Rey aka ESB