criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Game Modes to KEEP/ELIMINATE/IMPLEMENT in SWBF 2017?

Alvonator
2510 posts Member
edited February 2017
My personal selections....

To Keep:

-Walker Assault
-Cargo
-Blast
-Heroes vs Villains
-Drop Zone
-Extraction

To Eliminate:

-Turning Point
-Supremacy (If Conquest is implemented)
-Fighter Squadron
-Hero Hunt (Worst Mode IMO)
-Sabotage
-Droid Run

To Implement:

-SWBF Tailored Conquest
-Hero Assault (Only Heroes/Villains)
-Interactive Space Battles (With Capital Ships)

What modes would you like to maintain in SWBF 2017 from SWBF 2015?

Replies

• I would like a game mode where everything can be done, something like invasion to a planet, one side defends its base and its cruiser, while another invades the planet (by terrestrial means, like at-at or mid-air, with bombing ) And also tries to destroy the enemy cruiser, so there would be many targets for both sides and each soldier class would do their job;
    Pilots: air strikes, transporting soldiers to the enemy cruiser (with U-Wing or Imperial Shuttle), defending cruisers.
    Gunners: Use secondary turrets of some vehicles, using turrets to defend the base or turbolasers to defend your cruise.
    Soldiers / infantry: Defend bases and cruises inside, attack and infiltrate enemy cruisers to destabilize attacks or defenses of such
  • No! Not droid run!
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    No! Not droid run!

raw
  • CurbUrSkyrImC4
    828 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    It doesn't have to be Turning Point, but there should definitely be a big mode WITHOUT Heroes & Villains and with overall less vehicles. I personally love Turning Point. I wouldn't be too upset if it didn't return, but a big mode without Heroes is key in my eyes.

I'd like a new flying based mode to replace FS more similar to the old BF2 space battles. Rather than fly around, get kills and destroy Transports, just have a big Imperial and Rebel starship that each team has to take down and you can do it through flight or board the enemy ship and do it within the ship. Whoever destroys the enemy teams big starship first wins.

Instead of Hero Hunt I'd like a mode slightly more similar to Zombies in Halo. So you have one team member who isn't a Hero, but has a lightsaber that is a one hit kill and the player moves a little faster. When that player kills a player that player comes back with a lightsaber. So it will be a few rounds and you want the most kills, but also to be the last to die if you start a round without a lightsaber typically.

I want Cargo to return for sure and I assume Blast will be back. A better version of Supremacy, or more like the old Conquest mode would be most welcome. Choose from a few spawn points to spawn at and you can capture any enemy or neutral territory at any time and then choose to spawn there once captured.

I want more Big Team Drop Zone like in Bespin. Walker Assault is popular so I assume it, or something very similar will be present in EAfront2. I was once a big Halo player, so truthfully looking at those games for inspiration for modes I would welcome.
    Post edited by CurbUrSkyrImC4 on
  • They should add more objectives in Fighter Squadron.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • I agree with that list.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Supremacy just needs to be improved not removed :'(
    Add 2551 to my post count
    ru0TXZb.gif
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    I don't think they need to remove any mode. Some just need a bit of improvement. Droid run is really fun and intense tho.
    Hero Hunt is a mode for good players. If you just die by the hero all the time and never get one, of course you don't like that
  • Favourites:

WA
    Cargo
    HvV
    Blast
    Fighter Squadron (please improve!)

Rarely play:

Hero hunt, drop zone and droid run
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    NONE

(Maybe HvV , but only if they increase the player count and get rid of boring infantry)

If they increase the playercount, a lot other can return.
    Like Blast is a classic deathmatch which is there in every fps game, it was even in the old BF games. It has to return (note: I never play it, too boring for me).
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • We also need hunt mode
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • We also need hunt mode

Wampa time!!!
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Conquest and Galactic Conquest!!!
    #ClassicConquest #BigModePlayersMatter
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    The only modes we need :

Galatic conquest , Hunt mode , Conquest , BF2 space battles , HvV(without infantry) .

We don't 9 generic and unispired modes dice .

Just give us these 5 substantial modes and we're good to go

I want Extraction and droid run, as well as cargo... Some kinda more intense modes ya know. Walker Assault is also a must, as it is the signature mode of EAs Battlefront.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    We also need hunt mode

Only if it is more balanced than in Pandemics Battlefront
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    CS2107 wrote: »
    The only modes we need :

Galatic conquest , Hunt mode , Conquest , BF2 space battles , HvV(without infantry) .

We don't 9 generic and unispired modes dice .

Just give us these 5 substantial modes and we're good to go

Walker Assault is also a must, as it is the signature mode of EAs Battlefront.

A MUST to NOT HAVE

What is so bad about Walker Assault. I think it is a really enjoyable gamemode. And I think, non linear maps can also support it, if you design them right. I don't see other ways to implement Walkers of this size. They would be too powerful, if we could move them ourselfs and without any timelimit.
  • bfloo
    14971 posts Member
    The only mode I despise is HH.

I wouldn't take it out because there are always full games, so a lot of people do like it, for what ever reason.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Walker Assault has a lot more to do with Star Wars than Conquest. Prepared for flying cakes towards me.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • bfloo
    14971 posts Member
    An AT-AT should be OP, that is why the Empire built them.

WA does get repetitive.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Walker Assault has a lot more to do with Star Wars than Conquest. Prepared for flying cakes towards me.

I would love to see both. Conquest maps could like I said work for both. If I remember correctly the Utapau map from BF II had 2 large corridors in the middle. If they bigger the size of that map, add a bit more to it, make it larger etc... and set the roof higher, than it would work for everything... And due to the fact that the map has more space than you could maybe do a 4 staged Walker Assault and place the uplinks to points the walkers can't fire at.
    The main design focus should be the conquest mode (placement and size of comand posts, enough cover for intense fights etc.)
  • CS2107 wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Walker Assault has a lot more to do with Star Wars than Conquest. Prepared for flying cakes towards me.

I would love to see both. Conquest maps could like I said work for both. If I remember correctly the Utapau map from BF II had 2 large corridors in the middle. If they bigger the size of that map, add a bit more to it, make it larger etc... and set the roof higher, than it would work for everything... And due to the fact that the map has more space than you could maybe do a 4 staged Walker Assault and place the uplinks to points the walkers can't fire at.
    The main design focus should be the conquest mode (placement and size of comand posts, enough cover for intense fights etc.)

Yeah I agree.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Hero Hunt was implemented averagely as 12v1 on certain maps is quite difficult. Not to mention that a lot of the maps have terrible design (I'm thinking the survival maps that were implemented for CQC). Hero Hunt is one of my favourite modes, with a bit of practice it's amazing. What harm does it do to have it in the game
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I'd like to trade hero hunt for classic conquest.

K thx bye.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

For example during the Clone Wars the invasions. The Commandpost is there a landing zone and the CIS and Republic tried to get the enemy locations and attack several points at the same time. Geonosis for instance or Umbarra. Sure Conquest fits perfectly into a Star Wars game. The troops always had some zones to conquer.
    Walker Assault maybe too, but then unscripted, without Super Mario coins, without rails and the strange AT-AT shield phases if you refer to a movie based Walker Assault mode ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Keep Fighter Squadron as it's basically vehicle blast, so it's good for those who just want to fly around and shoot people

Add another seperate mode similar to fighter squadron with more objectives
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

For example during the Clone Wars the invasions. The Commandpost is there a landing zone and the CIS and Republic tried to get the enemy locations and attack several points at the same time. Geonosis for instance or Umbarra. Sure Conquest fits perfectly into a Star Wars game. The troops always had some zones to conquer.
    Walker Assault maybe too, but then unscripted, without Super Mario coins, without rails and the strange AT-AT shield phases if you refer to a movie based Walker Assault mode ;)

Both would be the best, just let them be 32v32 and on non-linear maps :smiley:
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Billiam301 wrote: »

It's called Space Battles.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Forgot to add, needs moar Extraction.
  • Extraction is great, come on :smiley:
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Well we do need SOME small modes. Extraction is the second best small mode behind HvV
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Well we do need SOME small modes. Extraction is the second best small mode behind HvV

Yeah I agree completly
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    So now here would be my list:
    - Conquest
    - Walker Assault
    - HvV
    - Extraction
    - Cargo (bigger version)
    - maybe the Bespin dropzone, as this is quite fun
    - Space Assault (like space battles in BF II)
    - Turning point
    - Blast
    - Sabotage
    - Something Infiltrationlike
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Battlefront 2 Season Pass is hopefully Large Modes only (okay one small map for justice)
    Just kidding, but make the next game focusing on large maps please @Sledgehammer70 Thank you :)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Billiam301 wrote: »

It's called Space Battles.

like how instant action is called instant action in EA batlefront...
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Believe it or not, I actually like hero hunt. It's the one mode you don't have to worry about k/d and it's. Unless when you get the hero they spawn you right in front of a group of enemies. That's freaking **** whoever thought that was a good idea
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Rogue7766
    156 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I think they should have these modes.

Space assault from The original BF2

Hunt from The original BF2

Conquest/Supremacy type game mode.

Heros vs villains.

Droid run

drop zone
    galactic conquest

Instant action/ skirmish

Remove these modes

Walker assault and allow the at ats to be more mobile in a conquest type game mode.

Turning point

extraction

BATTLE STATION because it takes up to much time.

Infiltration

sabotage.

hero hunt. Too many hero glitch and hackers.

fighter squadron needs more ships.

cargo

• CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Rogue7766 wrote: »
    I think they should have these modes.

Space assault from The original BF2

Hunt from The original BF2

Conquest/Supremacy type game mode.

Heros vs villains.

Droid run

drop zone
    galactic conquest

Instant action/ skirmish

Remove these modes

Walker assault and allow the at ats to be more mobile in a conquest type game mode.

Turning point

extraction

BATTLE STATION because it takes up to much time.

Infiltration

sabotage.

hero hunt. Too many hero glitch and hackers.

fighter squadron needs more ships.

cargo

Why does everyone wants extraction removed? :cry: This mode is so intense... (The only thing that should be removed is the free choice of heroes)