criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Tarkin! Tarkin! Tarkin!

Prev13
I formally request DICE to implement Grand Moff Tarkin as a playable Villain in Battlefront 2017. To our frustration, we didn't get him last year, which was a shame. Ridicule me all you want, but it would be a shame to not include this truly Iconic Villain who was even included in Rogue One due to his importance as a character. Please consider this request.

Formally,

The Galactic Senate

maxresdefault.jpg

Replies

  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Agreed!

    Grand Moff Tarkin was in Rogue One, thereby, he can be considered to be a relevant villain again.

    Also, he was the main baddie in A New Hope.

    Tarkin should definitely be in Battlefront.

    Same goes for old Ben Kenobi as well, he should also be in Battlefront.

    They could fill up some of the Hero/Villain slots in the sequel.
  • I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?

    My assumption is that the OT era will be exclusive to the campaign.
  • Whatever they do, someone's gonna be **** off lol
  • But I think they'll have a mix of OT sand ST. They need OT content because ST is still in development. So I'm sort of expecting an expansion on what they did with OT in Battlefront, along with ST content
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Whatever they do, someone's gonna be **** off lol

    Truth
    Landeaux wrote: »
    But I think they'll have a mix of OT sand ST. They need OT content because ST is still in development. So I'm sort of expecting an expansion on what they did with OT in Battlefront, along with ST content

    I've been thinking about this and I don't know if they could, I mean there's Dagobah, maybe a star destroyer interior, and I actually don't know if it's just because I can't think, but I don't remember many other places available that's new.
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Whatever they do, someone's gonna be **** off lol

    Truth
    Landeaux wrote: »
    But I think they'll have a mix of OT sand ST. They need OT content because ST is still in development. So I'm sort of expecting an expansion on what they did with OT in Battlefront, along with ST content

    I've been thinking about this and I don't know if they could, I mean there's Dagobah, maybe a star destroyer interior, and I actually don't know if it's just because I can't think, but I don't remember many other places available that's new.

    Inb4 Takodana trees are used for Yavin IV.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?

    My assumption is that the OT era will be exclusive to the campaign.

    I don't mind them using the same locations as long as they expand on it and make the overall game better
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Don't blame Dennis, he was too similar to Krennic like Ben to Luke :D
    Yes, both belong into a Blattefront game into the OT era in my opinion.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Don't blame Dennis, he was too similar to Krennic like Ben to Luke :D
    Yes, both belong into a Blattefront game into the OT era in my opinion.

    You know it only just hit me how much I miss Ben in this game now that I've actually thought about it...
  • I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?
    I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?

    My assumption is that the OT era will be exclusive to the campaign.
    Agreed
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    If the next game doesn't offer the full OT package then it can rot in hell for all I care
  • I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?

    There's more content they've left out of this game than the entire ST era so far
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

    Proceed with the countdown!

    giphy.gif
  • I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?

    There's more content they've left out of this game than the entire ST era so far

    This. Even apart from the blindingly obvious ones that have been pointed out many times already there are planets like Ord Mantell, Alderaan, Dantooine and Coruscant with as much claim to the GCW era as Sullust, if not more.
  • I would prefer others, more appropriate villains to be in gunfights.

    But who cares ? We all know, what we are going to have
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?

    There's more content they've left out of this game than the entire ST era so far

    This. Even apart from the blindingly obvious ones that have been pointed out many times already there are planets like Ord Mantell, Alderaan, Dantooine and Coruscant with as much claim to the GCW era as Sullust, if not more.

    I feel like an old republic battlefront would be really cool. Impossible to believe it's coming, but cool.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?

    There's more content they've left out of this game than the entire ST era so far

    This. Even apart from the blindingly obvious ones that have been pointed out many times already there are planets like Ord Mantell, Alderaan, Dantooine and Coruscant with as much claim to the GCW era as Sullust, if not more.

    I feel like an old republic battlefront would be really cool. Impossible to believe it's coming, but cool.

    A full game would be unlikely, but...
    http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/67357/dice-avoid-cheap-milk-map-packs-and-focus-on-real-expansions#latest

    Accept any kind of suggestion
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?

    There's more content they've left out of this game than the entire ST era so far

    This. Even apart from the blindingly obvious ones that have been pointed out many times already there are planets like Ord Mantell, Alderaan, Dantooine and Coruscant with as much claim to the GCW era as Sullust, if not more.

    Considering the number of planets we got for this game, that's already asking for a lot. Assuming OT would be in the multiplayer, I'm sure they'd have to balance out the amount of OT and ST we'd get.

    I think we're in for far less OT content than this game.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Oh and YES to Tarkin

    Tarkin : Intro = ''Lets crush this rebellion with one swift stroke''
    vzrykSy.jpg(Props to @Ahsoka_Tano for making this amazing picture)
    Special feature : When tarkin Joins the battle , the death star suddenly appears on the background out of the planet (The death star would be tied with his 4th absolutely devastating ability)

    Special feature : Slightly taller than infanty , When standing still/moving slowly will have his hand behind his back
    • Weapon : Enhanced SE-14C
    • Health : 1000
    • Speed : 5% slower than infantry

    Trait :Imperial intimidation

    Tarkin and fellow heroes gains armor and abilties cooldown reduction , infantry gains armor and recharges gadgets and ammor(maybe health,if they add the OGbattlefront health system) slowly/star cards recharges (accumulative)

    the trait will have 13 metters range


    (If you don't score any points or don't do any hits for 12 seconds , your trait level will decrease by 1)
    • Level 1 : Tarkin will gain : 20% armor , 10% faster abilities cooldown . fellow villains will gain : 15% armor and 10% faster abilities cooldown , infantry will gain : 15% armor and will either recharge gadgets and ammo(maybe health , if they add the OGbattlefront health system) each 20 seconds or will recharge star cards ammo . 1 kills
    • Level 2 : Tarkin will gain : 35% armor , 20% faster abilities cooldown . fellow villains will gain : 30% armor and 20% faster abilities cooldown , infantry will gain : 35% armor and will either recharge gadgets and ammo(maybe health , if they add the OGbattlefront health system) each 15 seconds or will recharge star cards ammo . 3 kills

    • Level 3 : Tarkin will gain : 55% armor , 30% faster abilities cooldown . fellow villains will gain : 50% armor and 30% faster abilities cooldown , infantry will gain : 50% armor and will either recharge gadgets and ammo(maybe health , if they add the OGbattlefront health system) each 10 seconds or will only recharge star cards ammo . 5 kills

    • Level 4 : Tarkin will gain : 70% armor , 40% faster abilities cooldown . fellow villains will gain : 65% armor and 40% faster abilities cooldown , infantry will gain : 65% armor and will either recharge gadgets and ammo(maybe health , if they add the OGbattlefront health system) each 5 seconds or will recharge star cards ammo . 7 teammates
    Abilities

    L1 ability : 30 seconds cooldown
    • Interrogation droid - An interrogation droid that has the same effect as Lando's shocking trap , but won't have a limit , literally anyone that gets in the interrogation droid surronds (6metters) , will die electrocuted , the droid will have 800 health .
    R1 ability : 40 seconds cooldown
    • Imperial fear - For 12 seconds - Tarkin and anyone close to Tarkin will gain 2.0 damage multipliers (8 metters range)
    Triangle ability : 20 seconds cooldown
    • Personal shield - enchanced version of the personal shield , Tarkin's version has 700 ''health'' and can block any kinda of attack even from lightsabers (not force powers though)
    R1+L1 4th ability (new ability for heroes on BF2 ) -
      Will be a kill streak reward ability that he can use when you gets to 5.000 points from points: (Points made when in this mode , will not gather up for the next use)
    • Humble test - for larger maps - Tarkin will call his substitute commander at the death star , giving the order to shot by saying ''You may fire when ready'' , The death star will shot an powerful but not planet-destructive shot , that will kill Any kinda unit(even heroes) that are outside of a building , everyone's screen will stunned for 10 seconds after the shot , and the enviroment will change a bit (Ex : Tatooine will have mini sandstorms , Endor's plants won't have any kinda of foliage anymore etc...)
    • Indoors map - (1.000 points requested) Slow down the rebels respawn by 10 seconds , will last 1 minute .

    I would gladly avoid, more one shot abilities from heroes ty
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan
  • tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    He is not.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    Because he's one of 2 imperial heroes they could add that aren't bounty hunters
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

    Proceed with the countdown!

    giphy.gif
  • tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    Because he's one of 2 imperial heroes they could add that aren't bounty hunters

    I'm pretty sure Canon matirial (Rebels, comics, and any of the books) offers a wide variaty of non-bounty hunters who got their hands dirty for the empire. So assuming that DICE / EA decides to use those things that argument is almost ruined
  • tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    He is a villain with class :p
  • tupe12 wrote: »
    tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    Because he's one of 2 imperial heroes they could add that aren't bounty hunters

    I'm pretty sure Canon matirial (Rebels, comics, and any of the books) offers a wide variaty of non-bounty hunters who got their hands dirty for the empire. So assuming that DICE / EA decides to use those things that argument is almost ruined

    The films should be placed before the cartoons and books
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

    Proceed with the countdown!

    giphy.gif
  • tupe12 wrote: »
    tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    Because he's one of 2 imperial heroes they could add that aren't bounty hunters

    I'm pretty sure Canon matirial (Rebels, comics, and any of the books) offers a wide variaty of non-bounty hunters who got their hands dirty for the empire. So assuming that DICE / EA decides to use those things that argument is almost ruined

    Tarkin was effectively the " big bad " of the first film.
    He was the leader of the death star operations, he ordered the destruction of alderaan and he was the overall commander
    Vader was a more secondary villain there, dont mind now that he has become an icon
  • If Tarkin isnt in the next game we need to actually riot
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    If Tarkin isnt in the next game we need to actually riot
    We rioted a lot for this game it didn't change anything.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    - Very high ranking Imperial Officer
    - Character is very sinister
    - Destroyed Alderaan
    - Almost Destroyed Yavin 4
    - Main Villain of A New Hope
    - Brought back for Rogue One
    - Destroyed Scarif Base

    I don't understand other's arguments that "he is too old" or "we never saw him fight"


    Well I got news for those people:
    -Han Solo was 70ish in TFA, yet we saw him fight. (Same age as Tarkins actor in ANH)
    -We have an old man skin in SWBF 2015.
    -We never saw the Emperor on a Battle in the OT. In fact we never saw Bossk or Dengar fight either in the OT.
  • Xantos wrote: »
    tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    He is not.

    Im curious. Can you state your reasoning?
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    If Tarkin isnt in the next game we need to actually riot
    We rioted a lot for this game it didn't change anything.

    Hahaha true.
  • Jaden_Korrr
    431 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    If Tarkin isnt in the next game we need to actually riot
    We rioted a lot for this game it didn't change anything.

    Hahaha true.

    You Think so ?




    tumblr_nzy3v1abdy1r4l0aqo1_1280-jpg.jpg?w=760


  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Alvonator wrote: »
    tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    - Very high ranking Imperial Officer
    - Character is very sinister
    - Destroyed Alderaan
    - Almost Destroyed Yavin 4
    - Main Villain of A New Hope
    - Brought back for Rogue One
    - Destroyed Scarif Base

    I don't understand other's arguments that "he is too old" or "we never saw him fight"


    Well I got news for those people:
    -Han Solo was 70ish in TFA, yet we saw him fight. (Same age as Tarkins actor in ANH)
    -We have an old man skin in SWBF 2015.
    -We never saw the Emperor on a Battle in the OT. In fact we never saw Bossk or Dengar fight either in the OT.

    How pathetic was han in ep 7 ? Exactly. And im a huge fan of han/ford.

    By that logic, you will need to make mon mothma as rebel hero, because without her woudn't be any rebel alliance.

    DIce do that, add mon mothma with dh17, running into the battlefield oneshotting soldiers with some broken skills.

    Im in for tarkin, but not if he is gonna take other's characters places.And there are 3-4 people ( canon) more suitable for a ground battle than him.

    I agree with obi, and yoda beeing rebel heroes. WOuld be cool playing as yoda for once.

    In battlefront 2, yoda was pretty cool, and had very nice animations.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • I sense a trap.

    I really don't think we'll see as much OT content as people are expecting. At most, maybe some more Rogue One content.

    Think of it, they've made some pretty big assumptions about how much they've covered with this game. Is it too hard to assume that they think the OT era has been covered almost completely?

    My assumption is that the OT era will be exclusive to the campaign.

    A leak said a while ago that the campaign was called 'Wrath of the first order'
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Xantos wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    - Very high ranking Imperial Officer
    - Character is very sinister
    - Destroyed Alderaan
    - Almost Destroyed Yavin 4
    - Main Villain of A New Hope
    - Brought back for Rogue One
    - Destroyed Scarif Base

    I don't understand other's arguments that "he is too old" or "we never saw him fight"


    Well I got news for those people:
    -Han Solo was 70ish in TFA, yet we saw him fight. (Same age as Tarkins actor in ANH)
    -We have an old man skin in SWBF 2015.
    -We never saw the Emperor on a Battle in the OT. In fact we never saw Bossk or Dengar fight either in the OT.

    How pathetic was han in ep 7 ? Exactly. And im a huge fan of han/ford.

    By that logic, you will need to make mon mothma as rebel hero, because without her woudn't be any rebel alliance.

    DIce do that, add mon mothma with dh17, running into the battlefield oneshotting soldiers with some broken skills.

    Im in for tarkin, but not if he is gonna take other's characters places.And there are 3-4 people ( canon) more suitable for a ground battle than him.

    I agree with obi, and yoda beeing rebel heroes. WOuld be cool playing as yoda for once.

    In battlefront 2, yoda was pretty cool, and had very nice animations.

    I often find your arguments flawed but I have to say, that your statement makes complete sense.
    I couldn't imagine seeing mon mothma fight and tarkin is the same as her, just an imperial baddy I guess. The reason we don't see tarkin fight is because that's why he has Vader.
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    - Very high ranking Imperial Officer
    - Character is very sinister
    - Destroyed Alderaan
    - Almost Destroyed Yavin 4
    - Main Villain of A New Hope
    - Brought back for Rogue One
    - Destroyed Scarif Base

    I don't understand other's arguments that "he is too old" or "we never saw him fight"


    Well I got news for those people:
    -Han Solo was 70ish in TFA, yet we saw him fight. (Same age as Tarkins actor in ANH)
    -We have an old man skin in SWBF 2015.
    -We never saw the Emperor on a Battle in the OT. In fact we never saw Bossk or Dengar fight either in the OT.

    How pathetic was han in ep 7 ? Exactly. And im a huge fan of han/ford.

    By that logic, you will need to make mon mothma as rebel hero, because without her woudn't be any rebel alliance.

    DIce do that, add mon mothma with dh17, running into the battlefield oneshotting soldiers with some broken skills.

    Im in for tarkin, but not if he is gonna take other's characters places.And there are 3-4 people ( canon) more suitable for a ground battle than him.

    I agree with obi, and yoda beeing rebel heroes. WOuld be cool playing as yoda for once.

    In battlefront 2, yoda was pretty cool, and had very nice animations.

    I often find your arguments flawed but I have to say, that your statement makes complete sense.
    I couldn't imagine seeing mon mothma fight and tarkin is the same as her, just an imperial baddy I guess. The reason we don't see tarkin fight is because that's why he has Vader.

    Tarkin - an experient military that even fought in the clone wars and was a part of some battles in the CGW

    Mon mothma - a senator .

    Yeah m8 , absolutely the same thing .

    +1000
    These arguments are just ****. If you don't want him in the game, don't play as him. Eho gives af if he isn't the type to be in combat
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    - Very high ranking Imperial Officer
    - Character is very sinister
    - Destroyed Alderaan
    - Almost Destroyed Yavin 4
    - Main Villain of A New Hope
    - Brought back for Rogue One
    - Destroyed Scarif Base

    I don't understand other's arguments that "he is too old" or "we never saw him fight"


    Well I got news for those people:
    -Han Solo was 70ish in TFA, yet we saw him fight. (Same age as Tarkins actor in ANH)
    -We have an old man skin in SWBF 2015.
    -We never saw the Emperor on a Battle in the OT. In fact we never saw Bossk or Dengar fight either in the OT.

    How pathetic was han in ep 7 ? Exactly. And im a huge fan of han/ford.

    By that logic, you will need to make mon mothma as rebel hero, because without her woudn't be any rebel alliance.

    DIce do that, add mon mothma with dh17, running into the battlefield oneshotting soldiers with some broken skills.

    Im in for tarkin, but not if he is gonna take other's characters places.And there are 3-4 people ( canon) more suitable for a ground battle than him.

    I agree with obi, and yoda beeing rebel heroes. WOuld be cool playing as yoda for once.

    In battlefront 2, yoda was pretty cool, and had very nice animations.

    I often find your arguments flawed but I have to say, that your statement makes complete sense.
    I couldn't imagine seeing mon mothma fight and tarkin is the same as her, just an imperial baddy I guess. The reason we don't see tarkin fight is because that's why he has Vader.

    Tarkin - an experient military that even fought in the clone wars and was a part of some battles in the CGW

    Mon mothma - a senator .

    Yeah m8 , absolutely the same thing .

    He got captured, saved from a couple of jedi, and disapperead from clone wars.

    Yeah, "fought".

    But wait, now im thinking, would be cool seeing old tarking outspeed young trained soldiers and oneshotting rebels.

    Would be even cooler seeing him roll spam :D

    He is not a great villain, not even close.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    - Very high ranking Imperial Officer
    - Character is very sinister
    - Destroyed Alderaan
    - Almost Destroyed Yavin 4
    - Main Villain of A New Hope
    - Brought back for Rogue One
    - Destroyed Scarif Base

    I don't understand other's arguments that "he is too old" or "we never saw him fight"


    Well I got news for those people:
    -Han Solo was 70ish in TFA, yet we saw him fight. (Same age as Tarkins actor in ANH)
    -We have an old man skin in SWBF 2015.
    -We never saw the Emperor on a Battle in the OT. In fact we never saw Bossk or Dengar fight either in the OT.

    How pathetic was han in ep 7 ? Exactly. And im a huge fan of han/ford.

    By that logic, you will need to make mon mothma as rebel hero, because without her woudn't be any rebel alliance.

    DIce do that, add mon mothma with dh17, running into the battlefield oneshotting soldiers with some broken skills.

    Im in for tarkin, but not if he is gonna take other's characters places.And there are 3-4 people ( canon) more suitable for a ground battle than him.

    I agree with obi, and yoda beeing rebel heroes. WOuld be cool playing as yoda for once.

    In battlefront 2, yoda was pretty cool, and had very nice animations.

    I often find your arguments flawed but I have to say, that your statement makes complete sense.
    I couldn't imagine seeing mon mothma fight and tarkin is the same as her, just an imperial baddy I guess. The reason we don't see tarkin fight is because that's why he has Vader.

    Tarkin - an experient military that even fought in the clone wars and was a part of some battles in the CGW

    Mon mothma - a senator .

    Yeah m8 , absolutely the same thing .

    He got captured, saved from a couple of jedi, and disapperead from clone wars.

    Yeah, "fought".

    But wait, now im thinking, would be cool seeing old tarking outspeed young trained soldiers and oneshotting rebels.

    Would be even cooler seeing him roll spam :D

    Not to mention he insta died in the first film. Such a great villain worthy of hero spot.

    I'd love to see that. Maybe have the Death Star br incorporated into one of his abilities
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    In short

    Want tarkin ? ok, make sure to have Veers, thrawn, all bounty hunters first, if you spare a spot, tarkin can join.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »
    In short

    Want tarkin ? ok, make sure to have Veers, thrawn, all bounty hunters first, if you spare a spot, tarkin can join.

    Have we seen thrawn in combat? No. He's a tactician and a strategist. He's just like Tarkin. I want to see them both
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    In short

    Want tarkin ? ok, make sure to have Veers, thrawn, all bounty hunters first, if you spare a spot, tarkin can join.

    Have we seen thrawn in combat? No. He's a tactician and a strategist. He's just like Tarkin. I want to see them both

    Rebels has something to say about it
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Thrawn , veers and bounty hunters scum over tarkin ... 3.0

    Exactly. People with skills in combat not old men without any skills at all.

    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    tupe12 wrote: »
    Somebody explain to me why Tarkin seems like such a great villan

    - Very high ranking Imperial Officer
    - Character is very sinister
    - Destroyed Alderaan
    - Almost Destroyed Yavin 4
    - Main Villain of A New Hope
    - Brought back for Rogue One
    - Destroyed Scarif Base

    I don't understand other's arguments that "he is too old" or "we never saw him fight"


    Well I got news for those people:
    -Han Solo was 70ish in TFA, yet we saw him fight. (Same age as Tarkins actor in ANH)
    -We have an old man skin in SWBF 2015.
    -We never saw the Emperor on a Battle in the OT. In fact we never saw Bossk or Dengar fight either in the OT.

    How pathetic was han in ep 7 ? Exactly. And im a huge fan of han/ford.

    By that logic, you will need to make mon mothma as rebel hero, because without her woudn't be any rebel alliance.

    DIce do that, add mon mothma with dh17, running into the battlefield oneshotting soldiers with some broken skills.

    Im in for tarkin, but not if he is gonna take other's characters places.And there are 3-4 people ( canon) more suitable for a ground battle than him.

    I agree with obi, and yoda beeing rebel heroes. WOuld be cool playing as yoda for once.

    In battlefront 2, yoda was pretty cool, and had very nice animations.

    I often find your arguments flawed but I have to say, that your statement makes complete sense.
    I couldn't imagine seeing mon mothma fight and tarkin is the same as her, just an imperial baddy I guess. The reason we don't see tarkin fight is because that's why he has Vader.

    Tarkin - an experient military that even fought in the clone wars and was a part of some battles in the CGW

    Mon mothma - a senator .

    Yeah m8 , absolutely the same thing .

    He got captured, saved from a couple of jedi, and disapperead from clone wars.

    Yeah, "fought".

    But wait, now im thinking, would be cool seeing old tarking outspeed young trained soldiers and oneshotting rebels.

    Would be even cooler seeing him roll spam :D

    He is not a great villain, not even close.

    "He is not a great villain, not even close"

    Yeah I agree...
    1)Its not like he was the main villain of a New Hope.
    2) Its not like he destroyed Alderaan.
    3)Its not like he almost destroyed Yavin 4.
    4)Its not like he destroyed Scarif Base.
    5)Its not like he scr3wed over Krennic.
    6)Its not like Disney put countless resources and capital to revive him for Rogue One.
    7)Its not like Vader didn't respect him.
    8) Its not like he was a very high ranking officer.
    9) Its not like they got a legendary actor to portray him.

    Yeah, defitnely not a great villain by any standars. /s

    I really loved your argument comparing Mon Mothma to Tarkin. Very convincing to compare a senator to a high ranking military officer, who killed hundreds of his own troops and millions of innocent people.

    Even then, I would welcome Mon Mothma with open arms. She definetly had more of a purpose than Dengar or Bossk....
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!