criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Planets

I think in the next one if it really is supposed to be original trilogy AND new movies. I think the planet list should be the same, just adding things like new movie planets and maybe a couple planets from the prequels you don't really get to have much of like Utapau, Mygeeto or Kashyyyk.

Replies

• I really would like to have more SCARIF maps.
  • Does not compute
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • I would expect dice too largely keep the existing planets and maps, just adapt them, make them larger and change boundaries for a less linear large game mode game mode.
  • Sand, sand and more sand maps.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Sand, sand and more sand maps.
    CPbVPPSWwAA2BTh.jpg

giphy.gif
    CPbVPPSWwAA2BTh.jpg

What's wrong? I'm sure they will position a few rocks in different places so they can call them "uniquely different" maps.
    CPbVPPSWwAA2BTh.jpg

I hate the sand.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Well... they could be a little cheeky and *technically* give us some prequel planets that were featured in the original films... the one I can think of is Mustafar, since Rogue One was awesome, and... c'mon, any of you NOT want a Vader's Lava Castle map?!?!
    vaders_castle_by_skybolt-davidsn.jpg
    I'd take it over any of the Sullust maps in a heartbeat. : )
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Well... they could be a little cheeky and *technically* give us some prequel planets that were featured in the original films... the one I can think of is Mustafar, since Rogue One was awesome, and... c'mon, any of you NOT want a Vader's Lava Castle map?!?!

I could finally furfill my Star Wars fantasy of having the High Ground. Wielding its power is something i've prepared for since 2005.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • JMaster
    2074 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »
    Well... they could be a little cheeky and *technically* give us some prequel planets that were featured in the original films... the one I can think of is Mustafar, since Rogue One was awesome, and... c'mon, any of you NOT want a Vader's Lava Castle map?!?!

I could finally furfill my Star Wars fantasy of having the High Ground. Wielding its power is something i've prepared for since 2005.
    Vader built it just so he could have higher ground than any other person in the galaxy.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I would expect dice too largely keep the existing planets and maps, just adapt them, make them larger and change boundaries for a less linear large game mode game mode.
    exactly what i was thinking
  • thiago2103 wrote: »

Vader built it just so he could have higher ground than any other person in the galaxy.

rogue_one_death_star_tarkin_845.0.jpeg

addtext_com_MTc1NjIxNTQ4NTE.jpg

rogue_orson1a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all

giphy.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited March 2017

good idea.
  • JMaster
    2074 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »

EvazanJr wrote: »

good idea.
    Thank you : )

rogue_orson1a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all
    Hey, at least he got to be a villain in the game.
    He knew.
  • But who would voice Tarkin? I doubt Guy Henry (dude who played him in Rogue One) would be interested

giphy.gif
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    But who would voice Tarkin? I doubt Guy Henry (dude who played him in Rogue One) would be interested

With enough budget , i'm 100% sure they would bring him in . considering even with the low budgets dlcs they got billy to voice lando . even harrison voiced han in TFA lego

and i imagine BF2 is a very high budget game

You have a point

Failure will find them explaining why to a far less patient audience

giphy.gif
  • bfloo
    13305 posts Member
    But who would voice Tarkin? I doubt Guy Henry (dude who played him in Rogue One) would be interested

With enough budget , i'm 100% sure they would bring him in . considering even with the low budgets dlcs they got billy to voice lando . even harrison voiced han in TFA lego

You have a point

Change 'far less patient' to 'irate' and I think you got it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    13305 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

You have a point

Change 'far less patient' to 'irate' and I think you got it.

Its a reference dude ...

Damn, I missed it :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Coruscant is the planet I want to see. Surface world and under world.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Coruscant is the planet I want to see. Surface world and under world.

Same here.

I'd love to go to Coruscant, when it was under Imperial Rule, and do battle in the Imperial Palace and the Imperial Senate Building.

I'd imagine that the Rebel Alliance fought there after Endor and right before at Jakku.

Thereby, it'd make sense for Coruscant to be a Galactic Civil War location in EA Battlefront 2, as well as due to the fact that Coruscant made an appearance in the Special Edition of Return of the Jedi, thereby, making it a canon location in the Original Trilogy.

I'd also like to see Yavin IV.

It's crazy that this was an Original Trilogy only game and we never got to visit the Main Rebel Alliance Base in EA Battlefront 1.

And, perhaps, I'd like to see Death Star II and do battle in the Emperor's Throne Room.

Me too, I'd love to relive the amazing and original looking planets...

top-geek-blade-runner.jpg
  • CPT_Rex
    724 posts Member

Oh, like Jakku, Takodana and Starkiller Base?
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."

Definitely!
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »

My god, it was a joke.

When it comes down to it there's basically nothing original about any of the Star Wars movies, it's just a bunch of stolen ideas jumbled together.

tenor.gif

Definitely!

I'd rather see the underworld any day.
  • CurbUrSkyrImC4
    828 posts Member
    edited March 2017

So Earth during Blade Runner? It's a long time ago in a galaxy far away, not in the future in a galaxy right here.
    CPT_Rex wrote: »

My god, it was a joke.

When it comes down to it there's basically nothing original about any of the Star Wars movies, it's just a bunch of stolen ideas jumbled together.

tenor.gif

Oooooooh. Gotcha. Sometimes a cigar is just a giant vag ina in the desert that swallows men whole
  • A Coruscant Underworld map would be amazing. So many possibilities

giphy.gif

So Earth during Blade Runner? It's a long time ago in a galaxy far away, not in the future in a galaxy right here.

My god, it was a joke.

tenor.gif

Oooooooh. Gotcha. Sometimes a cigar is just a giant vag ina in the desert that swallows men whole

What are you on about? I love starwars, I was just pointing out it's always 99% of the time been copied, George himself says it. I swear to god the people on these forums are just impossible.
  • 2000sGuy
    5823 posts Member
    Eh, wouldn't be too fun having Couruscant in an OT game. They wouldn't be able to use Courscant to its full potential like the Jedi Temple or Senate Building. What'd be so fun about fighting in the Jedi Temple with only one Jedi and a bunch of Rebels.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Eh, wouldn't be too fun having Couruscant in an OT game. They wouldn't be able to use Courscant to its full potential like the Jedi Temple or Senate Building. What'd be so fun about fighting in the Jedi Temple with only one Jedi and a bunch of Rebels.

What could be cool if it were something that did happen, I haven't looked into it too much, is rebels storming the imperial bases on coruscant as part of a movement to reclaim the planet, with the level featuring fully destructible buildings. And as a nice little touch they could have the rebel victory cinematic be blowing up a statue of palpatine. But I see what you mean, having a PT order 66 map in the Jedi temple would be cool.
  • 2000sGuy
    5823 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »

What could be cool if it were something that did happen, I haven't looked into it too much, is rebels storming the imperial bases on coruscant as part of a movement to reclaim the planet, with the level featuring fully destructible buildings. And as a nice little touch they could have the rebel victory cinematic be blowing up a statue of palpatine. But I see what you mean, having a PT order 66 map in the Jedi temple would be cool.

the only time the Rebels ever went to couruscant was in 6ABY to liberate it. Your idea could work
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy
    5823 posts Member
    What'd be so fun about fighting in the Jedi Temple with only one Jedi and a bunch of Rebels.

giphy.gif

How and why that wouldn't make the map as ''fun'' as the prequel version ???

Prequels were more tied to Couruscant than the OT. All we know is the Senate was disbanded and there's Palpatine's palace. No major battles besides 6ABY
    With a prequel couruscant as mentioned above you can have an order 66 map and mode,Maybe even a Zilok beast mode, you could fight in the Senate and participate in the Battle of Courscant on both sky and ground

My main point is I don't want them to use CW planets if they aren't going to include it
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy
    5823 posts Member
    What'd be so fun about fighting in the Jedi Temple with only one Jedi and a bunch of Rebels.

giphy.gif

Prequels were more tied to Couruscant than the OT. All we know is the Senate was disbanded and there's Palpatine's palace. No major battles besides 6ABY
    With a prequel couruscant as mentioned above you can have an order 66 map and mode,Maybe even a Zilok beast mode, you could fight in the Senate and participate in the Battle of Courscant on both sky and ground

My main point is I don't want them to use CW planets if they aren't going to include it

With that i can agree , but the ''only 1 jedi (2 as they WILL ADD BEN KENOBI,right dice ?? ) excuse is just lame''

Ben Kenobi could be included if OT's in Multiplayer. We really don't know the extent that ST or OT will be featured
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

giphy.gif

With that i can agree , but the ''only 1 jedi (2 as they WILL ADD BEN KENOBI,right dice ?? ) excuse is just lame''

Ben Kenobi could be included if OT's in Multiplayer. We really don't know the extent that ST or OT will be featured

DICE can't afford a mistake like not to bring a character like Kenobi again...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

the only time the Rebels ever went to couruscant was in 6ABY to liberate it. Your idea could work

raw

My god, it was a joke.

tenor.gif

What are you on about? I love starwars, I was just pointing out it's always 99% of the time been copied, George himself says it. I swear to god the people on these forums are just impossible.

I found it funny that you used a Blade Runner photo is all. Settle down, chief. I'm aware Star Wars copied many things. Greek Mythology, Flash Gordon, Metropolis, etc. And as for Blade Runner, many said George copied ideas for Coruscant. I get it.

And the second quote is a Freud quote that Plinkett changes in his prequel reviews.

I swear to god the people on these forums are just impossible. < That was me being George

My god, it was a joke.

tenor.gif

I found it funny that you used a Blade Runner photo is all. Settle down, chief. I'm aware Star Wars copied many things. Greek Mythology, Flash Gordon, Metropolis, etc. And as for Blade Runner, many said George copied ideas for Coruscant. I get it.

And the second quote is a Freud quote that Plinkett changes in his prequel reviews.

I swear to god the people on these forums are just impossible. < That was me being George

I'm settled, sorry, I thought you might have been another rabid forum member or something. I completely forgot about that quote from plinkett too. Side note: I love his Star Wars reviews,
  • Aerospace7 wrote: »
    I think in the next one if it really is supposed to be original trilogy AND new movies. I think the planet list should be the same, just adding things like new movie planets and maybe a couple planets from the prequels you don't really get to have much of like Utapau, Mygeeto or Kashyyyk.
    Pretty much the original planets. Bespin, Degobah, Tatooine, ect...
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.

My god, it was a joke.

tenor.gif

Dude at least planets like Coruscant, Taris or Mandalore look like they belong to a Galactic Republic with hundreds of different civilisations and require a bit more creative effort than
    Deserts, frozen wastes and forests

My god, it was a joke.

tenor.gif

Dude at least planets like Coruscant, Taris or Mandalore look like they belong to a Galactic Republic with hundreds of different civilisations and require a bit more creative effort than
    Deserts, frozen wastes and forests

Was but a joke, I later stated that everything in starwars is copied from something, I still love it and always will though.